Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Aug 1st 2008, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Well done Geeza.

My time has finally come too

I get on a plane to Sydney on Monday

I start work on the following Monday.

I've been watching the thread in the background whilst going through serious amounts of packing and getting my house ready to rent.

Australia here I come
wooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo

its time to celebrate!

Which visa did you get in the end?

I wish you all the best!

First aussie burger goes to essex neil now know as auusiesex neil!

nice work fell atb

doc
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by docgp
wooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooo

its time to celebrate!

Which visa did you get in the end?

I wish you all the best!

First aussie burger goes to essex neil now know as auusiesex neil!

nice work fell atb

doc
Hi Doc,

Thanks for the encouragement..I'm on cloud 9 at the mo

Too right mate, serious beers in Essex Sat night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2 1/2 year 457 but going to go for PR when I get there hopefully.

It's been a rush over the last 4 to 5 weeks but now ready for my big adventure.

Good choice on WA, fantastic place, I have relies in Perth and had a few good nights in there !

Flip a burger for me.

EN
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Hi Doc,

Thanks for the encouragement..I'm on cloud 9 at the mo

Too right mate, serious beers in Essex Sat night !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 2 1/2 year 457 but going to go for PR when I get there hopefully.

It's been a rush over the last 4 to 5 weeks but now ready for my big adventure.

Good choice on WA, fantastic place, I have relies in Perth and had a few good nights in there !

Flip a burger for me.

EN
burger has been flipped!

hotdog has just gone on the barbie, who wants it?

doc
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:48 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

burger has been flipped!

hotdog has just gone on the barbie, who wants it?

doc

I have a belly full of beer and coul really do with a burger right now! However some of us are too old for the whole WHV thing so cut the crap ok! :curse:
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I have a belly full of beer and coul really do with a burger right now! However some of us are too old for the whole WHV thing so cut the crap ok! :curse:
oops!

forgot that WHV had an age restriction,

Doc
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:56 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Well I had a bit of progress this week - got asked to send over proof of all my qualifications etc so they can have the job offer certified by the Regional Board as part of the nomination process. Also heard someone who got there RSMS in 8 weeks.

Slowly slowly......................
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I had a bit of progress this week - got asked to send over proof of all my qualifications etc so they can have the job offer certified by the Regional Board as part of the nomination process. Also heard someone who got there RSMS in 8 weeks.

Slowly slowly......................
at least its progressing!

I herad about rsms in 8 weeks too,

i have my fingers crossed for you pony!

doc
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Neil! Nice work mate, enjoy it over there!

Doc you punk, I already used up my WHV - if I hadn't I'd have been back out 2 or 3 years ago, looking for a job and sponsorship! Well done mate, you get out there and start making the most of it all. I'll have a steak if you've got any! Marinated in honey and soy sauce please!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pacey
Congratulations Neil! Nice work mate, enjoy it over there!

Doc you punk, I already used up my WHV - if I hadn't I'd have been back out 2 or 3 years ago, looking for a job and sponsorship! Well done mate, you get out there and start making the most of it all. I'll have a steak if you've got any! Marinated in honey and soy sauce please!
barbie is looking good!

Steak has just gone on,

shame about whv

im sure i read somewhere that you can apply for a second whv, if you worked in remote areas or something, will try and dig it out

doc
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:14 pm
beach bum

barbie is looking good!

Steak has just gone on,

shame about whv

im sure i read somewhere that you can apply for a second whv, if you worked in remote areas or something, will try and dig it out

doc
My mate had two WHV's and she was in Sydney.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

yep i thik if you've done 3 months of work in a remote area (fruit picking basically), you can apply for a second WHV. Or you can now get a 2 year WHV straight off, if you basically promise to do the above!

either way, i'm screwed! to think i only used about 6 months of it, and didn't do any "official" work neither!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Too old? You don't look a day over 21... ;P

I'm the only one from my group to get my contract but no news on medicals/CRB checks etc...only 26 days to go!!
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

PONY ! PONY!

BBC three are showing summer heights high!

Awesome!

Puck you!

Doc
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

PONY ! PONY!

BBC three are showing summer heights high!

Awesome!

Puck you!

Doc
I was watching that earlier...is bloody funny!

Got a salary query...was told in the interview salary would be $50k...contract just arrived and it says $40k...should I send a polite email querying this or wait til I get there and casually mention to my boss that it's $10k less than what I agreed to?? I would have turned the job down if I'd known it would be less than $50k but now it's too late as I can't complete my degree without industry experience
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
I was watching that earlier...is bloody funny!

Got a salary query...was told in the interview salary would be $50k...contract just arrived and it says $40k...should I send a polite email querying this or wait til I get there and casually mention to my boss that it's $10k less than what I agreed to?? I would have turned the job down if I'd known it would be less than $50k but now it's too late as I can't complete my degree without industry experience
I think I would ask about that if i were you. Cause if u sign the contract, then you can't argue later that they have screwed you out of 10k! "Where ma money at, bitch!" is definately the email title you should use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.