Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old May 1st 2008, 11:07 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Yes but you know what else?

UNITED ARE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL Yeeeehhaaaa.

I watched the match last night. Wow, it could have been a thumping. But fair play. I admiring winning at all costs. Tell me, is Cousin likely to get slaughtered by Rangers fans now?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz!
Old May 1st 2008, 11:12 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Yes but you know what else?

UNITED ARE IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL Yeeeehhaaaa.

I watched the match last night. Wow, it could have been a thumping. But fair play. I admiring winning at all costs. Tell me, is Cousin likely to get slaughtered by Rangers fans now?
Not sure. There's no way he should have picked up two bookings. The first was a joke and the free kick he gave away before the second booking should have gone his way. The ref was abysmal last night, some of his decsions were so dodgy I reckon he was paid off. Not by enough obviously though!
Old May 1st 2008, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz!
boooooo!!
Old May 1st 2008, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Not sure. There's no way he should have picked up two bookings. The first was a joke and the free kick he gave away before the second booking should have gone his way. The ref was abysmal last night, some of his decsions were so dodgy I reckon he was paid off. Not by enough obviously though!
Well, its all about getting to the final.... and now winning it. I think the toughest match will be the final. Dick Advocaat?? Hmm, he might come back to haunt you.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:47 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Well, its all about getting to the final.... and now winning it. I think the toughest match will be the final. Dick Advocaat?? Hmm, he might come back to haunt you.
Fernando Ricksen as well if he plays. Smith's the undisputed king of Ibrox for me though.
Old May 2nd 2008, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Fernando Ricksen as well if he plays. Smith's the undisputed king of Ibrox for me though.
Yeah I admire Smith. He's a very smart guy. The difference in reactions between the two managers last night was funny. Smith looked like he'd seen it all before (as he has). It would have been nice if he had a bigger impact at United when he was there in 2004 (although he does have an FA cup medal thank you Walter). I think Zenit have better quality players and will pass it better than Rangers. But, Rangers have Whittacker lol. I was laughing my head off when he scored that goal against Sporting. It was like Real Madrid v Dag and Red.
Old May 2nd 2008, 1:07 am

Yeah I admire Smith. He's a very smart guy. The difference in reactions between the two managers last night was funny. Smith looked like he'd seen it all before (as he has). It would have been nice if he had a bigger impact at United when he was there in 2004 (although he does have an FA cup medal thank you Walter). I think Zenit have better quality players and will pass it better than Rangers. But, Rangers have Whittacker lol. I was laughing my head off when he scored that goal against Sporting. It was like Real Madrid v Dag and Red.
Smith was only at United for a few months, him and Ferguson are old friends.
I've given Whittaker pelters earlier in the season but he's got some skills. He'll benefit from playing in a more attacking side next season.
Old May 2nd 2008, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by docgp
houston

doc has lift off!!

500 here i come!

race ya pony, leigh X 2, aqua, scuba steve dive club, nige, shar, and who ever else is left

doc 350

lol, did someone have one too many Cokes last night?

I can't talk, have been sipping champagne all lunch hour due to someone at work celebrating being made partner, and as many people drive in, that leaves quite a bit of champagne to drink, especially when they buy a magnum!

I have filled out my online application, now just need to submit and upload documents. Won't be doing that until next week though. The race is on!
Old May 5th 2008, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

just to let you all know my appl is FINALLY in, been requested to go for x-ray...of course Brompton hosp radiology dept wouldnt be open today have a little glimmer of hope yet again...

otherwise a quietish weekend. went out in Wimbledon on Sat to try out some venues...and was convinced that somoene stole money out my wallet, much to the cab drivers entertainment! then just pottering around the house packing a few more boxes...

wonder how long until i get the thumbs up...hmmm...
Old May 5th 2008, 11:34 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Many, Many Congrats to you!!!

How calm do YOU sound!??!!?? But how do you FEEL now you've come to the end of the long wait - you are an Augustee, right, like me?? Off to Sydney too, soon as poss!! Waiting for my magic e-mail, any day now??..... keep in touch!! PS you anywhere near Wimbledon?? Scuba Steve is arranging a meet
Calm?? I was almost in tears! Seriously. I've been pretty random all week talking complete sh!te to anybody who'll listen. And yep an augustee - a long old wait huh - you can't have long now either I'm sure. I don't want to rub it in, but it does feel fantastic. I've been wanting to go back since my whv yr back in 02 so to be able to finally pull the pin and go for it is cool - best thing is when the passport comes back with the visa!! (Worst part if when your mates pretend - badly - to be happy for you...feels a bit tricky now but I'll get over it).

Sharon: Cool there are more of us - woolloomooloo's nice - although woollahra's even nicer if that's too cheap... Basically anywhere close to a surfable beach/commutable to the cbd area will make me happy - thinking manly to begin with as lived in bondi junction for 9 months before and loved visiting the northern beaches.

Just back from weekend down in saunton actually. Surf wasn't great but ok - the vibe there is always nice. Just can't wait to be able to replace the 4/5 hour journeys to the coast with a quick stroll for a surf. And no wetsuit in the summer!

And I'll definitley keep in touch. I'm looking to go around mid june so all please feel totally free to contact me at any time here/there. And I'm in east dulwich so wimbledon is pretty close - let me know when. Stay cool. Jason
Old May 5th 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Calm?? I was almost in tears! Seriously. I've been pretty random all week talking complete sh!te to anybody who'll listen. And yep an augustee - a long old wait huh - you can't have long now either I'm sure. I don't want to rub it in, but it does feel fantastic. I've been wanting to go back since my whv yr back in 02 so to be able to finally pull the pin and go for it is cool - best thing is when the passport comes back with the visa!! (Worst part if when your mates pretend - badly - to be happy for you...feels a bit tricky now but I'll get over it).

Sharon: Cool there are more of us - woolloomooloo's nice - although woollahra's even nicer if that's too cheap... Basically anywhere close to a surfable beach/commutable to the cbd area will make me happy - thinking manly to begin with as lived in bondi junction for 9 months before and loved visiting the northern beaches.

Just back from weekend down in saunton actually. Surf wasn't great but ok - the vibe there is always nice. Just can't wait to be able to replace the 4/5 hour journeys to the coast with a quick stroll for a surf. And no wetsuit in the summer!

And I'll definitley keep in touch. I'm looking to go around mid june so all please feel totally free to contact me at any time here/there. And I'm in east dulwich so wimbledon is pretty close - let me know when. Stay cool. Jason

Hi!! No more waiting for me and I WAS in tears - I got my visa on Friday!!!! STILL in shock!!! My brother bought a magnum of champagne - unheard of!! My sis here is sad, but trying her best, offering to set up a car boot etc.....

Have you booked flight yet?? We are hoping to get out end of July/beg Aug and will start off in Harbord, near Freshwater Beach - you'll know it, I should think.

Shall we try and set a date for meet?? Sharon has been checking out venues!!
Old May 5th 2008, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Hi!! No more waiting for me and I WAS in tears - I got my visa on Friday!!!! STILL in shock!!! My brother bought a magnum of champagne - unheard of!! My sis here is sad, but trying her best, offering to set up a car boot etc.....

Have you booked flight yet?? We are hoping to get out end of July/beg Aug and will start off in Harbord, near Freshwater Beach - you'll know it, I should think.

Shall we try and set a date for meet?? Sharon has been checking out venues!!
Well done Aqua!!! So is it going to be a SW London meet or will we have to wait for an OZ MEET!!!!
Old May 5th 2008, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Exclamation Re: The Official Loners Thread

al reet loners?

Well, after a long wait i fnally got my IELTS results!!

since ive been waiting for an age for them to arrive im not going to tell you lot just yet!!

you'll have to wait too

hope everyone is well and happy

doc
Old May 5th 2008, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by docgp
al reet loners?

Well, after a long wait i fnally got my IELTS results!!

since ive been waiting for an age for them to arrive im not going to tell you lot just yet!!

you'll have to wait too

hope everyone is well and happy

doc
Go on Doc, how did you do.
Old May 5th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Go on Doc, how did you do.
ok, ok

Listening 7.5
Reading 7.0
Writing 7.5
Speaking 9.0

Overall 8.0

Im well chuffed!,

not sure if that is a "proficient" english result or not, trying to find out

if it is i should get 25 points

doc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.