Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

ive got six splinters in one finger!!

is this a record??

doc
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:19 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

So Come on guys and girls I need to find out who on here would be interested in a night/weekend or whatever in sunny Blackpool.
If your interested then let me know either here or PM me and I'll try to sort something out
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:23 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Does anybody use the buddy list? Only I haven't got any.
me neither. bit lacking on karma too!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:26 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
ive got six splinters in one finger!!

is this a record??

doc
google it and find out. google knows everything.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
google it and find out. google knows everything.
it doesnt know!

google is rubbish!!!

doc
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:13 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by docgp
it doesnt know!

google is rubbish!!!

doc
typical bloke. ur not doing it right!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:18 pm
beach bum

why wont it let me give karma? says i gotta spread my reputation around first??????
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:18 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

me neither. bit lacking on karma too!
I think you'll find I gave you one today
Old Mar 5th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

why wont it let me give karma? says i gotta spread my reputation around first??????
I'll give you one if you give me one?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by paul30
So Come on guys and girls I need to find out who on here would be interested in a night/weekend or whatever in sunny Blackpool.
If your interested then let me know either here or PM me and I'll try to sort something out
My visa plans are changing.

I still have info to find out before i continue with the process.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:03 pm
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paul76
My visa plans are changing.

I still have info to find out before i continue with the process.
That sounds like a bit of a bummer. What's Happened?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

I wanted to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning 'when' i went to Australia. I have been so wrapped up in this TRA stuff i never done my research on refrigeration and air conditioning.

I just thought 'huge business there...get taken on no problem' eh wrong.

Will need to do a 4 year appreticeship earning peanuts. We spend more on a sandwich here than what you get an hour in the first 3 years .

Retraining means more to than Australia.

I emailed loads of guys from this forum who are in the trade in Ozz. Thats
when it hit home.

I sent my CV to a company that my mates knows are looking for a trainne here. My mate worked in electronics like i do now. He runs his own refrigeration company. I guess i was basing a lot on that.

So i might press on with the skilled independent visa as that lasts 5 years once verified i hear (i hope) and get some experience here. Need 3 years minumum. I wont be able to use my boss as a reference for my visa if i leave

I honeslty never thought it would have been so hard to get taken on.

Ohh yeah im seen as a bit to old into the bargain.

Long stroy i know.

Even if ozz dont happen i hopefully could get a job in another sunny place with my new skill. Thats if the laungage is not to much of a problem
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:24 pm
Beach Bum

I wanted to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning 'when' i went to Australia. I have been so wrapped up in this TRA stuff i never done my research on refrigeration and air conditioning.

I just thought 'huge business there...get taken on no problem' eh wrong.

Will need to do a 4 year appreticeship earning peanuts. We spend more on a sandwich here than what you get an hour in the first 3 years .

Retraining means more to than Australia.

I emailed loads of guys from this forum who are in the trade in Ozz. Thats
when it hit home.

I sent my CV to a company that my mates knows are looking for a trainne here. My mate worked in electronics like i do now. He runs his own refrigeration company. I guess i was basing a lot on that.

So i might press on with the skilled independent visa as that lasts 5 years once verified i hear (i hope) and get some experience here. Need 3 years minumum. I wont be able to use my boss as a reference for my visa if i leave

I honeslty never thought it would have been so hard to get taken on.

Ohh yeah im seen as a bit to old into the bargain.

Long stroy i know.

Even if ozz dont happen i hopefully could get a job in another sunny place with my new skill. Thats if the laungage is not to much of a problem
So what is it that you do now?
If that could get you a 175 be worth doing it on that (but don't leave that trade till you're app is in) then yeah maybe retrain here before you go (visa has to be validated within a year of meds/PCC whichever you did first) you then have 5 years in total to enter Aus perm after which you'd need an RRV (Residents Return Visa) to leave and re-enter Aus until you get citizenship
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

I work as a technician for an electronics company.

I am under the impression you must have worked 12 months out of the last 24months in the trade you are applying under.

Does anyone else know different?
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:30 pm
Beach Bum

I work as a technician for an electronics company.

I am under the impression you must have worked 12 months out of the last 24months in the trade you are applying under.

Does anyone else know different?
it's something like that but doesn't hurt not to complicate matters (I've been asked by my CO for payslips etc for 18 months prior to My app being lodged to prove I'm in the trade)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.