Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old May 10th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I was totally joking. Haven't you got some waiting to do or something or nothing!
yep busy just waiting for my CO now

(a bored) doc
Old May 10th 2008, 12:32 pm
fingers crossed

Rob-C is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill add my name to the list of loners, though i do have my sister out there waiting, so have help and support. I'm a 43 yr old plasterer, just going throught the tra app.Hello all
Old May 10th 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rob-C
Ill add my name to the list of loners, though i do have my sister out there waiting, so have help and support. I'm a 43 yr old plasterer, just going throught the tra app.Hello all
Welcome Rob.

I'm off to Sydney in August and 43 and on my own too. Like you I have some contacts in oz, but scary all the same. Well done in making the move I hope it works out. If you are in the Sydney area, fancy a beer...Should be touching down in August if all goes to plan.

Cheers
Old May 10th 2008, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by docgp
its not the spiders that frighten me its the SHARKS!!!!

dont like the idea on being eaten by a great white or bull shark whilst im showing off my body boarding skills to the aussie ladies and/or pony

doc
so your preference is a beached whale?
Old May 10th 2008, 10:05 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Hi - question to any of you who have started to look into sending stuff over.

As I'm going on my own, and don't really have any furniture, looking into the best way to send couple of extra suitcases, surfboard, hifi separates, speakers and books - that kind of thing. Not enough for a container, but not really suitable for one of the companies that gives standard size cardboard boxes either.

Has anybody found any companies that will ship this sort of thing at ok prices? (as the quotes I've had so far are damn expensive)> Just think it'll work out cheaper to book a return with lower baggage allowance and ship stuff than to get a pricey one way with 40kg when I'll have to send extra anyway.

Cheers. Jason
I'm thinking of using these guys http://www.sevenseas.co.uk/ they seem pretty reasonable
Old May 11th 2008, 1:38 am

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul30
I'm thinking of using these guys http://www.sevenseas.co.uk/ they seem pretty reasonable
I don't really think about sharks (although a dolphin fin while out surfing in devon came pretty close to me adding to the local effluent levels...) and quite like snakes and bugs in general, but I think a spider the size of a plate will actually make me cry! So think I have to deal with it before I go.

Cheers Paul - been speaking to shippers and on internet and at least in terms of their online quotes sevenseas are quite expensive. Both anglopacific and freedom shipping are cheaper (although this is for odd size boxes etc - not for a container - so maybe not better for you?)
Old May 11th 2008, 5:41 am
fingers crossed

Rob-C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Welcome Rob.

I'm off to Sydney in August and 43 and on my own too. Like you I have some contacts in oz, but scary all the same. Well done in making the move I hope it works out. If you are in the Sydney area, fancy a beer...Should be touching down in August if all goes to plan.

Cheers
Like i say just at the TRA stage, and i have a few problems on the way too, previous criminal history might be a problem for me, but still going for it all the same, just got back from Perth 2 weeks ago, cant wait to get back, we will have to meet up for a beer if all goes well, good luck to you
Old May 11th 2008, 5:50 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rob-C
Like i say just at the TRA stage, and i have a few problems on the way too, previous criminal history might be a problem for me, but still going for it all the same, just got back from Perth 2 weeks ago, cant wait to get back, we will have to meet up for a beer if all goes well, good luck to you
as long as you declare every conviction from the start there should be no problems

if you are a terrorist, drug smuggler, people smuggler forget it, otherwise you should be ok

diac website has a list of undesirables people somewhere on the charater assesment sheet

if you want to PM me you can, (yes ive been naughty too)

doc
Old May 11th 2008, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

as long as you declare every conviction from the start there should be no problems

if you are a terrorist, drug smuggler, people smuggler forget it, otherwise you should be ok

diac website has a list of undesirables people somewhere on the charater assesment sheet

if you want to PM me you can, (yes ive been naughty too)

doc
found it

click here

hope this helps

doc
Old May 11th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

FREE IELTS book to anyone who wants it!!

Though i would let all the loners have first take on it

pm me

doc
Old May 11th 2008, 7:43 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

its not the spiders that frighten me its the SHARKS!!!!

dont like the idea on being eaten by a great white or bull shark whilst im showing off my body boarding skills to the aussie ladies and/or pony

doc

I have a nice pic of my first huntsman that I met on Christmas day last year. My sister has a few in her house - you dont bother them they dont bother you. Its the little spiders you need to be wary of - the white tips and the red backs - you dont see them till its too late. I also have a picture of a red back nest that I stumbled on in a goldmine shaft out in mining country NSW - mummy redback wasnt home fortunately.

As for sharks - I reckon if doc is in the water showing off his body boarding skills they'll stay well clear - wont want to ruin their street cred.
Old May 11th 2008, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

I have a nice pic of my first huntsman that I met on Christmas day last year. My sister has a few in her house - you dont bother them they dont bother you. Its the little spiders you need to be wary of - the white tips and the red backs - you dont see them till its too late. I also have a picture of a red back nest that I stumbled on in a goldmine shaft out in mining country NSW - mummy redback wasnt home fortunately.

As for sharks - I reckon if doc is in the water showing off his body boarding skills they'll stay well clear - wont want to ruin their street cred.
my reply will be nice this time

so will just reply LOL

as for the photos, show us

doc
Old May 11th 2008, 8:38 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

my reply will be nice this time

so will just reply LOL

as for the photos, show us

doc

how put em on here?? do i have to upload to photobucket first?
Old May 11th 2008, 8:41 am
beach bum

huntsman (a baby one) and redback nest - the white blobs on the dark bits are baby red backs in their egg thingies.
Attached Thumbnails The Official Loners Thread-photo-0049.jpg   The Official Loners Thread-imga0073.jpg  
Old May 11th 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

how put em on here?? do i have to upload to photobucket first?
nope, on the reply screen there is a paper clip icon

use that and upload, check the format that is allowed

think most are welcome though, ie jpeg etc etc

doc a roo x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.