Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old May 8th 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by ponyrama
You're on!

Average processing time 175 - 957 years!

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!
beee eye tea sea hache

yes that spells "i hate you""!

bring it on!!!

175 visa take less time to do than it takes to write a short story

or

even win at a pit pony contest

much love from the doctor of visa's

dv

x
Old May 8th 2008, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
18th May any better, SS? Sharon? Anyone else?
sorry, but I have guests from Bundaberg (!!) staying with me...
Old May 8th 2008, 6:02 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
beee eye tea sea hache

yes that spells "i hate you""!

bring it on!!!

175 visa take less time to do than it takes to write a short story

or

even win at a pit pony contest

much love from the doctor of visa's

dv

x
There's no need to be nasty!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
There's no need to be nasty!
im sorry pony
Old May 8th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

hurrah a Nov 18th applicant got their visa, can't be long now!

you a long or shortboarder, pony? Or happy with a mal? Thinking I might go LONG when i get out there, suits the rest of me! And I watched far too much "Big Wednesday", have you seen that?

happy days!
Old May 9th 2008, 6:41 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacey
hurrah a Nov 18th applicant got their visa, can't be long now!

you a long or shortboarder, pony? Or happy with a mal? Thinking I might go LONG when i get out there, suits the rest of me! And I watched far too much "Big Wednesday", have you seen that?

happy days!
I find a proper long board a bit heavy for me - but easier to ride on the smaller waves. Learnt on a friends mini mal (which is pretty hard apparently) and will probably buy a mini mal when i get out there. My mate is on the look out for a good one.

Of couse have seen big wednesday, have you seen endless summer - that is meant to be good and i got a surf DVD called Step Into Liquid with the tow in surfers riding 50 footers at Teahupoo - awesome - you dont wanna wipe out on wanna of those geezers!
Old May 9th 2008, 6:42 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by docgp
im sorry pony
I was totally joking. Haven't you got some waiting to do or something or nothing!
Old May 9th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

littlemiss will become famous soon enough

I am an official loner, do I qualify???????? Hello everyone!!!
Old May 9th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

sharonm5 will become famous soon enoughsharonm5 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by littlemiss
of course you do, if not - sure we can find some legit reason for you to be.... welcome!!
Old May 9th 2008, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

leigh-c will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by littlemiss
welcome along littlemiss loner u will fit right in
Old May 9th 2008, 11:56 pm

MTPockets is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leigh-c
welcome along littlemiss loner u will fit right in
Hi - question to any of you who have started to look into sending stuff over.

As I'm going on my own, and don't really have any furniture, looking into the best way to send couple of extra suitcases, surfboard, hifi separates, speakers and books - that kind of thing. Not enough for a container, but not really suitable for one of the companies that gives standard size cardboard boxes either.

Has anybody found any companies that will ship this sort of thing at ok prices? (as the quotes I've had so far are damn expensive)> Just think it'll work out cheaper to book a return with lower baggage allowance and ship stuff than to get a pricey one way with 40kg when I'll have to send extra anyway.

Cheers. Jason
Old May 10th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MTPockets
Hi - question to any of you who have started to look into sending stuff over.

As I'm going on my own, and don't really have any furniture, looking into the best way to send couple of extra suitcases, surfboard, hifi separates, speakers and books - that kind of thing. Not enough for a container, but not really suitable for one of the companies that gives standard size cardboard boxes either.

Has anybody found any companies that will ship this sort of thing at ok prices? (as the quotes I've had so far are damn expensive)> Just think it'll work out cheaper to book a return with lower baggage allowance and ship stuff than to get a pricey one way with 40kg when I'll have to send extra anyway.

Cheers. Jason
Hey there!! So presume those companies I guggested don't work out if you actually go through to estimate How do they "get" you or is it because you've got loads of stuff

I have been talking to my niece who works at Heathrow on check in and apparently BA charge a fixed price of £60 (if you book this service online before flight) for each extra piece of "luggage" (can be boxes etc) up to 32kgs, but we don't know if there is a maximum number of extras bags you can have with this service Need to check. Have you already booked flight??
Old May 10th 2008, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Hey there!! So presume those companies I guggested don't work out if you actually go through to estimate How do they "get" you or is it because you've got loads of stuff

I have been talking to my niece who works at Heathrow on check in and apparently BA charge a fixed price of £60 (if you book this service online before flight) for each extra piece of "luggage" (can be boxes etc) up to 32kgs, but we don't know if there is a maximum number of extras bags you can have with this service Need to check. Have you already booked flight??
Hey. No i haven't booked the flight yet - keep thinking of more to organise and putting it off...but pretty sure I'll book a 'round the world' to sydney with stopover in asia then pacific/states for return in about a year to make the most of the journey.

I didn't know that about BA - thanks (in fact I didn't even think to just ask an airline ). As I want to ship my board before hand, flying BA may work. Re. shipping - I think it's just the mix of crap I have. Normal boxes are fairly ok, but when it gets to things like sports stuff, hifi separates/speakers, bike they recommend special/padded crates (fairly I guess) so all adds up. Think I assumed (stupidly in retrospect) that I could just get something like a metal shed - throw all my gear in with a bit of bubblewrap and ta da...

Still probably cheaper than getting a one way flight then another to come back on hols though.

How are you getting on?
Old May 10th 2008, 8:48 am

Hey. No i haven't booked the flight yet - keep thinking of more to organise and putting it off...but pretty sure I'll book a 'round the world' to sydney with stopover in asia then pacific/states for return in about a year to make the most of the journey.

I didn't know that about BA - thanks (in fact I didn't even think to just ask an airline ). As I want to ship my board before hand, flying BA may work. Re. shipping - I think it's just the mix of crap I have. Normal boxes are fairly ok, but when it gets to things like sports stuff, hifi separates/speakers, bike they recommend special/padded crates (fairly I guess) so all adds up. Think I assumed (stupidly in retrospect) that I could just get something like a metal shed - throw all my gear in with a bit of bubblewrap and ta da...

Still probably cheaper than getting a one way flight then another to come back on hols though.

How are you getting on?
Oh - and I should prob have made the point that yeah the final estimate comes out at around £500 - more than I expected - only reason I'm digging for ideas.

And on a completely random point; any other big girls blouses out there like myself starting to crap their pants at the idea of a huntsman on the bathroom wall in Oz?! London Zoo do a 'friendly spiders programme' to try to eradicate arachnophobia - and I'm signing up!
Old May 10th 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh - and I should prob have made the point that yeah the final estimate comes out at around £500 - more than I expected - only reason I'm digging for ideas.

And on a completely random point; any other big girls blouses out there like myself starting to crap their pants at the idea of a huntsman on the bathroom wall in Oz?! London Zoo do a 'friendly spiders programme' to try to eradicate arachnophobia - and I'm signing up!
its not the spiders that frighten me its the SHARKS!!!!

dont like the idea on being eaten by a great white or bull shark whilst im showing off my body boarding skills to the aussie ladies and/or pony

doc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.