Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old May 7th 2008, 8:02 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Essex Neil
Hi all.

I'm new to this site and thread.

Landed a job in Sydney. Did someone mention teacrates for £99 ?. Sounds good can I have the details.

I'm also taking the plunge and going on my own to Sydney so I'm up for any beers when I get out there (probably Aug if all goes to plan)

Cheers

I'm headed for Sydney myself providing all goes to plan. Think there are one or two of us planning on coldie at the Coogee Bay Hotel sometime!

June the 8th might be tricky for me but I'll try and make it.
Old May 7th 2008, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

hello all newbies and welcome, al reet offical loners??

not much to report except that im a may apllicant now.

been busy over the last few days uploading documents etc, i think i need a holiday now!

anywho, hope everyone is well and cracking on with stuff, im busy waiting now

doc
Old May 8th 2008, 5:44 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
hello all newbies and welcome, al reet offical loners??

not much to report except that im a may apllicant now.

been busy over the last few days uploading documents etc, i think i need a holiday now!

anywho, hope everyone is well and cracking on with stuff, im busy waiting now

doc
Did you remember to include me in your application as your wife???
Old May 8th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Did you remember to include me in your application as your wife???
ha ha

in your dreams!!! (and mine too)

hows your process going???

any news on your little short story you had to write?

doc
Old May 8th 2008, 6:21 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

ha ha

in your dreams!!! (and mine too)

hows your process going???

any news on your little short story you had to write?

doc

I finished my short story - hand it in tomorrow. Get life back on Saturday. The other little thing I had going on has not happened yet - as the Doctor is away for two weeks - so looking like the end of May now. However it still looks very positive and if all goes to plan I might even be there before you!
Old May 8th 2008, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

I finished my short story - hand it in tomorrow. Get life back on Saturday. The other little thing I had going on has not happened yet - as the Doctor is away for two weeks - so looking like the end of May now. However it still looks very positive and if all goes to plan I might even be there before you!
thats good news about your story

but what was the other little thing???

its not the noise a clock makes is it???

promised you i wouldnt say "TICK" or "TOCK" again

mwah

doc
Old May 8th 2008, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

and if all goes to plan I might even be there before you!
dont be silly!!!

RACE YA!!

doc
Old May 8th 2008, 7:39 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Been trying to find a Post Office (!) that has Spec Del Silver Bags all day for passports!!

Apart from that, still musing about when to go. Will finish at work on 11 July so..........if I get a move on..........???

Going to get the lists posted on here up to tell me what to do next - no point reinventing the wheel

Emirates apparently do double allowance for emigration I have read, but couldn't find it on website. Need to ring them. Would that do you??
did you manage to find the bags I got mine from my local postoffice (the return ones are already prepaid upto 500grams) nearly fainted at the cost though just short of £10 to post to london and back
Old May 8th 2008, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paul30
did you manage to find the bags I got mine from my local postoffice (the return ones are already prepaid upto 500grams) nearly fainted at the cost though just short of £10 to post to london and back
Hi Scuba Steve,

Cool....cold beer around coogee bay sounds great. Coogee bay...what a fantastic place !!!!

Should touch down around August....Mines a pint of True Blonde...Cheers Mate

Catcha

Neil
Old May 8th 2008, 8:02 am
beach bum

Lightbulb Re: The Official Loners Thread

dont be silly!!!

RACE YA!!

doc
You're on!

Average processing time 457 - 6 weeks
Average processing time 119 - 12 to 14 weeks
Average processing time 176 - 3 to 4 months
Average processing time 175 - 957 years!

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah aha!
Old May 8th 2008, 8:03 am
beach bum

Hi Scuba Steve,

Cool....cold beer around coogee bay sounds great. Coogee bay...what a fantastic place !!!!

Should touch down around August....Mines a pint of True Blonde...Cheers Mate

Catcha

Neil
That'll be pure blonde then and mine's a crate full of the bleeding stuff. Straight from the fridge.
Old May 8th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Aw man, noone told me that
Old May 8th 2008, 8:09 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

You're on!

And I thought the 136 took forever
Old May 8th 2008, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Hi Aquamarine,

Thanks for the reply. I'm liking this site, certainly helps. Where are you in/going in oz ?.

Anyway, fabulous prices. I was in a bit of a quandry about shipping some of my possetions for this august I think cheap crates fis the bill.In the longer term I'm planning to come back to UK next year and collect the rest via a big container (probably put my car in it too. cars seem astroninomical in price i oz !).

Thanks Neil
Sydney, northern beaches Running my car into the ground at the moment - but exhaust just fell off
Old May 8th 2008, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
I'm headed for Sydney myself providing all goes to plan. Think there are one or two of us planning on coldie at the Coogee Bay Hotel sometime!

June the 8th might be tricky for me but I'll try and make it.
18th May any better, SS? Sharon? Anyone else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.