Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Mar 9th 2008, 9:31 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by paul76
Thanks Paul

I cant see that happening to be honest.
Never say never. as pacey said if it's something you want you can make it happen
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

Getting out of this job and into what in want to do is No1 at the moment.

My boss will hit the roof when i say im leaving.

Its supposed to be 1 weeks notice for every year and i have been there 10 years.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Just dropping in to say hello fellow loners.

As if you need more encouragement.... the forecast for Sydney this week is perfect - high twenties and sunny all week
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds nice, good weather for sitting out back waiting for the perfect wave to roll your way..

what do you think May will be like, though? Bit gutted about the prospect of another winter ahead of me! 2 in one year.. nooo!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pacey
That sounds nice, good weather for sitting out back waiting for the perfect wave to roll your way..

what do you think May will be like, though? Bit gutted about the prospect of another winter ahead of me! 2 in one year.. nooo!

May last year was a bit dodgy weather wise (sums up the whole year), but the year before was lovely - around mid twenties and sunny most of the time. June is usually when it starts getting colder and a bit wetter. The water temp takes a few months to drop, so surf-wise it'll be fine in May (especially compared with the UK!)
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

That sound bareable, will be wetsuit weather by july though! But also snowboarding weather, so that's just the best thing ever, really

I think it's a nice thing about sydney, that you still do have seasons and changeable weather. I mean, we are british, after all. What else are we gonna talk about?!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

That sound bareable, will be wetsuit weather by july though! But also snowboarding weather, so that's just the best thing ever, really

I think it's a nice thing about sydney, that you still do have seasons and changeable weather. I mean, we are british, after all. What else are we gonna talk about?!
...another topic would be the excellence that is the BBC!

I do sorta miss frosty mornings, but that said you can go away for the weekend and get that.

Are you planning on having a stop off on the way over Pacey?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

haha why do you all find the aus tv/radio so bad that you hanker for the good old beeb? I can probably cope without it, although living without tele is not something we've been brought up to do! It's either tele or pub, isn't it?!

stopover would be lovely, don't know if i can afford that though. A week on a thai beach would be nice! Even a stop in LA for 3 or 4 days would be a treat huh? Pick up some clothes from the mall in santa monica or something, bargains with the exchange rate..

I'll have to see what the costs are. But I'd like to, I'm 6'4" and don't sleep on planes, so the long haul isn't really my thing!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 2:31 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Winter = snowboarding though so I'm hoping I'll be able to go twice in a season once (if) I get over. Off to Alpe d'Huez weds, can't wait!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Winter = snowboarding though so I'm hoping I'll be able to go twice in a season once (if) I get over. Off to Alpe d'Huez weds, can't wait!
Hey Steve! How was meet up? I'm sad I could not make it
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:04 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Hey Steve! How was meet up? I'm sad I could not make it
I bloody forgot about it didn't I! Moron.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:08 am
BE Enthusiast

yep i can see myself in south island NZ this winter, hauling a board up to some fresh thick powdered peak that no man has ever boarded before! And breaking every bone in my body in a very-spectacular-but-overall-not-so-impressive way..

Steve, what's going on with your visa then? Still held up? Have fun in the alps dude.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
I bloody forgot about it didn't I! Moron.
Oh dear!! Wonder if Fizzy went - she would have been on her lonesome as the only (official) loner
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:12 am

yep i can see myself in south island NZ this winter, hauling a board up to some fresh thick powdered peak that no man has ever boarded before! And breaking every bone in my body in a very-spectacular-but-overall-not-so-impressive way..

Steve, what's going on with your visa then? Still held up? Have fun in the alps dude.
"Some progess" is the best I got so far. I think the dipute's been resolved in principle and its just a case of finalising it all. Apparently there are more than 4000 people in the same situation so I think they're pushing hrad for a resolution. Every cloud though, I wasn't expecting to get away to the snow this year.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Oh dear!! Wonder if Fizzy went - she would have been on her lonesome as the only (official) loner
We should have a SW London loner meet up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.