The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:23 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
"Some progess" is the best I got so far. I think the dipute's been resolved in principle and its just a case of finalising it all. Apparently there are more than 4000 people in the same situation so I think they're pushing hrad for a resolution. Every cloud though, I wasn't expecting to get away to the snow this year.
that sounds positive mate, bit more patience and I reckon you'll get there. Right pain in the arse, but yep like you say, gives you the chance to hit the slopes and you've got to love that! What's the aim this year? Inverted 360's?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pacey
yep i can see myself in south island NZ this winter, hauling a board up to some fresh thick powdered peak that no man has ever boarded before! And breaking every bone in my body in a very-spectacular-but-overall-not-so-impressive way..

Steve, what's going on with your visa then? Still held up? Have fun in the alps dude.
Yeah, what is happening with your visa, Steve?

Pacey, that B list movie you were in the other night was "overall-not-so-impressive" either! What WERE you thinking

I know, I know - favourite films

Mine (in no particular order, fairly tame choices but can watch them over and over again for the sheer power of the acting; only three to start with)

Raging Bull
Apocalyse Now
Brokeback Mountain (recent addition)

Am I turning this thread into scene from High Fidelity
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paul76
Getting out of this job and into what in want to do is No1 at the moment.

My boss will hit the roof when i say im leaving.

Its supposed to be 1 weeks notice for every year and i have been there 10 years.
Everyone has their own No. 1 priority depending on their circumstances. Good luck with yours Oz is only my No. 1 prioirity because I am ancient and it's either now or never
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:39 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pacey
that sounds positive mate, bit more patience and I reckon you'll get there. Right pain in the arse, but yep like you say, gives you the chance to hit the slopes and you've got to love that! What's the aim this year? Inverted 360's?
Cab 720s this year mate yeah right
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

We should have a SW London loner meet up.

How many would we be, people?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:49 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
How many would we be, people?
Me you and Fizzy I think!!! The other boys might get jealous though
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Cab 720s this year mate yeah right
be brave, you can do it mate! i believe in you! *CRUNCH!*

B-Movie? Those were the days. Things are getting a bit more desperate now, only really getting XXX offers at the moment. But I've still got it..

fave movies? oh no! i can't choose stuff like that, it fluctuates. Sometimes it might be something like the notebook, the next minute it'll be kindergarten cop... (although looking at that, "cheesy" is the overalll trend!)
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Hi there...I'm a newbie loner...

I'm currently a 2nd yr student studying mining engineering at CSM in Cornwall, I'm flying out to Oz in the summer to spend a year working in various mines in the western desert.

The details are very sketchy atm but I'm fairly sure I'll be based in Perth most of the time. Will be on a decent salary so am looking forward to exploring and getting up to plenty of mischief while I'm out there.

Rob
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

char1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne

I'm currently a 2nd yr student studying mining engineering at CSM in Cornwall, I'm flying out to Oz in the summer to spend a year working in various mines in the western desert.

The details are very sketchy atm but I'm fairly sure I'll be based in Perth most of the time. Will be on a decent salary so am looking forward to exploring and getting up to plenty of mischief while I'm out there.

Rob

I've got some buddies doing geology in Perth at the moment, no doubt you'll have a blast, seems to be plenty of work around!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by char1
I've got some buddies doing geology in Perth at the moment, no doubt you'll have a blast, seems to be plenty of work around!

Yup, one company came over a while back and offered to employ the entire year of geologists when they graduate in july!!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:25 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

I bloody forgot about it didn't I! Moron.
Hey guys,
I didnt go either as have been poorly
But glad that I wasnt only one - It wouldve been good to meet other 'official loners'!

Fizz
x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:26 am
starting again.....

Winter = snowboarding though so I'm hoping I'll be able to go twice in a season once (if) I get over. Off to Alpe d'Huez weds, can't wait!

Hope you have a fab holiday!!! Dont break anything!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:29 am
starting again.....

Me you and Fizzy I think!!! The other boys might get jealous though
ha ha!!! sounds good to me! Promise I would be gentle - cant speak for Aqua tho!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:32 am
starting again.....

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne

Rob
Hi there Rob,
and welcome to our madhouse!
DocGp is going to Perth, sure he'll be on later!
seems like everyone else is off to Sydney and Im going to go wherever I get a job offer or will wait and spend a week on each loners sofa!!!!

Fizz
x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Hi there Rob,
and welcome to our madhouse!
DocGp is going to Perth, sure he'll be on later!
seems like everyone else is off to Sydney and Im going to go wherever I get a job offer or will wait and spend a week on each loners sofa!!!!

Fizz
x
Thanks for the welcome

I might end up living with 2 other guys on my course but unfortunately everything is so vague atm that we could end up with one of us in Perth, one in Melbourne, one in Brisbane etc etc...wish the guy would get back to us quicker!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.