Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by pacey
hey moonstar, i read that somewhere else, hard luck mate. but never fear you will soon be over in aus mopping up all the lonely single ladies with scuba steve and myself, and that is worth keeping in mind over the next few weeks while the visa is approved!

sport unites us as future aussies, it's the way of life. love it!

i was reading a bit about thredbo, looks like a decent ski resort, $400 for 5 days, 6 hrs from sydney, $190 board/boots hire if you need it.. looks the dogs. We'll need to plan a trip for july/august i think.

Aquamarine how is your lad? i read about about that injury earlier, sounds rough but at his age sure he'll soon heal up. Not like us poor oldies! afraid i am on the injury list, damaged ankle ligaments playing 5-a-side tonight, was having a great game too. 4 hrs in A&E, gutted! No sports for a while..

i'm sure we're only single cause we are migrating. no room for getting involved now. Feel like a bloody monk!
He has gone to school with a sling (going for the injured soldier look - teenage image issues methinks!!) but I've told him I'm taking it off him tonight!!!! - Can you walk today, Pacey?? Sounds painful

Steve isn't Steve and doesn't scuba!! Gutted!! Who CAN scuba? It's top of my "to do" list as I love the water but I get vertigo snorkelling - HONEST!!!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Just noticed you'll be working in recruitment, me too! Got much experience? I'm coming from a sales background so totally new for me.
yeah I have 5 years background but haven't worked in it for 3 years due to the uk market getting saturated! Engineering and construction are my backgrounds mainly. I've been told there's a very good market and the future is also strong, with good basic salary's and ote's over the 100K mark. My friend in NZ auckland is a consultant, and he made $170K in his first year!

Even from a sales background you'll find it very comfartable, one thing i will however point out is that you should shout about what you do and your achievments, if you dont then someone else will! it can be a dog eat dog world in recruitment so make sure your a fighter!!!

good luck pal and hopefully we'll catch a beer when we're down there.

are you going on a 457 sponsorship or WHV to start with?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

hello today guys!

i'm walking ok thanks, v swollen, bit tender and circulation is a bit knackered, cold toes! hah but fine thank you!

but wait.. scuba steve is not called steve? this is big news. big, big news. I'm not sure i can trust someone who pretends to be a steve when they aren't a steve. O.M.G. hahah you're out of the circle of trust, buddy!

Aquamarine let your boy wear the sling, all the girls will nurse him & that's important for a young lad (actually it's important for older lads too. Wishing i had a nurse today!)

Well looks like a lot of us boys feeling the same about our gals, but if they aren't prepared to risk ANYTHING for us, how can we really be expected to trust that they care enough to stay with them? Mine hasn't fought to keep me one bit, and I'm a bloody catch! I'm confident - 100% confident - that we will forget all about it when we get out there and get on with our lives. And you all know that.

xzibit your skill assesment will work out fine matey, go for it.

And i have to say, Pom central or not, Coogee is a gorgeous suburb with everything going for it (for what i want, anyway)! So it'll do for a start! Only issue is it's pricey, especially for a poor graphic designer like me! no OTE here! Oh well, at least i can make us cool t-shirt prints for out snowsports/singles night clubs haha

speaking of which, i watched that ski sunday and they went to Thredbo, didn't see very much of it but they mentioned that it gets 700,000 visitors in season, so will be a bit rammed! But generally looking good for boarders, plenty of rails, jumps etc and it's quite high (2500m ish). Can't wait.

So to answer the query of when/where - Coogee, mid may. Will stay a week or so with my sis when i get there in the northern suburbs, depending on employment situation!

anyway that's me, time for an afternoon movie and a brew.. being off work in sydney would be so much nicer, i could get a tan for a start..

Last edited by pacey; Feb 5th 2008 at 1:55 am. Reason: added ski sunday info!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 1:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moonstaruk
yeah I have 5 years background but haven't worked in it for 3 years due to the uk market getting saturated! Engineering and construction are my backgrounds mainly.

am i right that you work for adidas? or have i got you mixed up?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 2:13 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

but wait.. scuba steve is not called steve? this is big news. big, big news. I'm not sure i can trust someone who pretends to be a steve when they aren't a steve. O.M.G. hahah you're out of the circle of trust, buddy!

Oi, I invented this thread!!!! And you got to admit, Scuba Steve's pretty cool in the film. I can only aspire to be of the same calibre as that action figure.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:42 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Paul did you notice Cynopt's name began with S too??? (she's just got her visa - August 2007 Applicant). Are you scared????!!!!???? You could be first one out - imagine the pressure!!!
god that would be nice although I'm still waiting for a CO But hopefully I'll be there by june or july and if I am the first out I'll have the beers chilled for the rest of you (but you'd have to stop by melbourne to take advantage)
Old Feb 5th 2008, 3:49 am
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
He has gone to school with a sling (going for the injured soldier look - teenage image issues methinks!!) but I've told him I'm taking it off him tonight!!!! - Can you walk today, Pacey?? Sounds painful

Steve isn't Steve and doesn't scuba!! Gutted!! Who CAN scuba? It's top of my "to do" list as I love the water but I get vertigo snorkelling - HONEST!!!
sorry don'tn scuba would love to learn when I get over there as I loved snorkelling while there over christmas. my main thing is Powerkiting (looking forward to kite surfing) and paragliding
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paul30
god that would be nice although I'm still waiting for a CO But hopefully I'll be there by june or july and if I am the first out I'll have the beers chilled for the rest of you (but you'd have to stop by melbourne to take advantage)
I'm going to be the last one out, hoping to lodge my application by mid May, so I will probably be looking at this time next year I'd imagine.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:21 am
Beach Bum

Originally Posted by xzibit
I'm going to be the last one out, hoping to lodge my application by mid May, so I will probably be looking at this time next year I'd imagine.
don't worry we'll leave a light on for you
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

One step sloser to all those lovely ladies living in Oz. (Passed vetassess paper)

Decided that i aint going to Sydney to become a nice gentleman for the ladies, im sticking with Perth, heard a romour that the odds are 3-1 (f-m) on weekends,

to quote earlier threads, anyone want to be my wing man???? will except wing lady
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Oi, I invented this thread!!!! And you got to admit, Scuba Steve's pretty cool in the film. I can only aspire to be of the same calibre as that action figure.
well we know what your first fancy dress night outfit will be!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:39 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

well we know what your first fancy dress night outfit will be!
Going to a heaven and hell fancy dress this weekend actually, could do with some advice. On the shortlist are Hitler, Hussein, Harold Shipman or a nun.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by docgp
One step sloser to all those lovely ladies living in Oz. (Passed vetassess paper)

Decided that i aint going to Sydney to become a nice gentleman for the ladies, im sticking with Perth, heard a romour that the odds are 3-1 (f-m) on weekends,

to quote earlier threads, anyone want to be my wing man???? will except wing lady
Congrats. Just filled my app out online. Got to get documents certified and then submit it all now.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Going to a heaven and hell fancy dress this weekend actually, could do with some advice. On the shortlist are Hitler, Hussein, Harold Shipman or a nun.
Saddam is a good one, definately. The heaven figures are harder. I think Shipman is a bit dark, but if you want to go that route but with a heavenly slant then brylcream yor hair into a big side parting, put on a superman suit and find a wheelchair.

ouch!

or you could go current affairs and bring on the beadle.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

AH! I'm really on a downer today!

Last night I was all geared up and excited about applying for Vetassess today. This morning I filled in the online form and have saved it just before the pay and submit part (as need to wait for Monday to pay), and I booked in for the solicitors tomorrow morning to have my docs certified, and I went and got some passport photos done (god I hate having my photo taken, although I look surprisingly good lol).

Now, for some reason I'm in the "why am I doing all this" mode, and "whats wrong with the uk" and I can't get out of it.

Just so annoying as I know I want to go ahead with it all, and I'll totally regret it if I don't but I hate the indecisiveness!!

I will force myself through it all, and then be ok again, but I hate it. It's the g/f I think. Wierd situation at the moment, I want to go, a bit apprehensive about leaving her here, although, she is possibly now up for coming over but she's not convinced on it yet etc etc.

Anyway, ignore me, I'm turning it into a Dear Deirdrie thread lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.