Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:54 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by moonstaruk
NOW THEN!! This thread wasn't started to deprieve it of its joyfulness and goodness... lets cheer things up and decide how many of us singletons there are in and around sydney!!!
ME!! IM IN!!
Well im not there yet but def want to join in any joyfulness and goodness!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:58 am
starting again.....

Originally Posted by xzibit
Ah, my g/f doesn't want to go over, so in the same boat. Think it's going to make the time left here quite awkward. I don't think I can stay though, as one day I'm going to turn around and say "why didn't I go when I could".

So, any single females going to Adelaide, will see you there!!
Xzibit, over 10 years ago I was given the opportunity to go and live and work in Sydney for a major airline, my fella at the time didnt want to go so I said no.
I regretted it every day since and has now taken over my thoughts! which is why my ex-partner (of 3 years) understood that this is something I have to do. You will def regret it if you dont give it a go.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 5:05 am
starting again.....

Originally Posted by pacey
yep that's the above 4 of us in the same boat on the ex gf front! still rather attached to mine too i must admit, although haven't even seen her for 4 months now to try and make things easier. It's really hard isn't it? Makes you think you're doing something awful to her, but we must all be the same and not prepared to compromise on what we want our lives to be!

It's messy and yep, makes being here still very awkward. Lots of arguments - "you love a country more than me / if you loved me you'd stay" type stuff. Sure you know the drill. I've had it for over a year, very draining.

So Scuba Steve i'll be joining you at the bar! What part of sydney do you reckon you'll head for? Coogee or Maroubra for me (bit of a surfer).

xzibit shame you won't be able to attend! Although god forbid we turn ourselves into a sorry load of lonely hearts missing our exes!

Greyrabbit, feel bad for you mate, get out and have some fun, join some clubs. And don't worry, the BE singles night will be there to pick you up soon.
Pacey, Scuba steve and xzibit, you all sound like normal (if there is such a thing!) down to earth, funny, caring, sporty, socialable young men - im sure you will all enjoy the abundance of women waiting in Sydney for ya!
so have fun and when you find someone special then have a great future!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Pacey, Scuba steve and xzibit, you all sound like normal (if there is such a thing!) down to earth, funny, caring, sporty, socialable young men - im sure you will all enjoy the abundance of women waiting in Sydney for ya!
"cough"..

I'm normal too!!!

HOnest!

Where's everyone planning on living or looking to live? I like the double bay area and manly? let me know and we can see where everyones gonna be, also when is everyone gonna be out there and what ya going to be doing!

I'm hopefully gonna be out there for May, and I'll be working in recruitment as I have a good background in this and the market is enormous at the minute with great salary's!! YEAH!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point

You guys/gals better hurry up and get over here.......as the Ozzie ad says "where the bloody hell are you"! Not that you'd have wanted to have been here over the past few days.....literally rained 5 days solid (and I MEAN rain), stopped this afternoon, but more of the same Thursday onwards

And Coogee/Marouba, you're so funny.....ask any Ozzie here where Pommies live and they will say Coogee or Marouba

Good to see there's some sporty, play tennis (not fab though) and dive, Scuba Steve - presume you dive or is it just a masquerade? Wanting to learn squash and maybe surfing (though would be knackered before I got out there ) - anyone play badminton?

Fizzymoon - hurry up and get out here, the Sydney singles won't know what's hit them
Old Feb 5th 2008, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

"cough"..

I'm normal too!!!

HOnest!

Where's everyone planning on living or looking to live? I like the double bay area and manly? let me know and we can see where everyones gonna be, also when is everyone gonna be out there and what ya going to be doing!

I'm hopefully gonna be out there for May, and I'll be working in recruitment as I have a good background in this and the market is enormous at the minute with great salary's!! YEAH!
I'm an IT Project Manager and need some Testers and Business Analysts like NOW HURRY up and get here and get me some CVs Yep, IT is booming - loads of jobs and not enough peeps, it's an employees market
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:00 am
General Dogs Body

GrayRabbit will become famous soon enough

Hey FIZZYMOON, don't regret stuff. I came over here with the girl I thought I was going to marry, sometimes things don't work out, but you have to plod though life with your chin up but now you've got a destiny over here and then you'll love back and laugh.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:19 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Thanks Fizz. I know Coogee is pom central but its where I fisrt stayed when I was there before. In my head its gonna be like Cook landing all over again and the first thing I;m gonna do is dump my bags (staying in Randwick for a few weeks) and run straight down to the beach not stopping until I'm up to my balls in the Pacific Ocean!

And I;ve never dived in my life (scuba that is). Its a refernece to a character in Big Daddy! My name's not even Steve.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:20 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

"cough"..

I'm normal too!!!

HOnest!

Just noticed you'll be working in recruitment, me too! Got much experience? I'm coming from a sales background so totally new for me.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Aww, thanks lol. It's a shame I'm not off to Sydney too, would be great to already have some peeps to hang out with, but have a small amount of family in SA, so that's my destination.

Xzibit, over 10 years ago I was given the opportunity to go and live and work in Sydney for a major airline, my fella at the time didnt want to go so I said no.
I regretted it every day since and has now taken over my thoughts! which is why my ex-partner (of 3 years) understood that this is something I have to do. You will def regret it if you dont give it a go.
At the moment, I feel excited about the prospect of going. BUT every now and again I think that maybe I should just stay as I don't want to leave her. But then I know for a fact, that one day I will resent her or the decision. And this is the reason why I have taken 6 months of thinking and still not sent my Vetassess app off. But now I know I've got to try it, and get everything submittted.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:28 am

At the moment, I feel excited about the prospect of going. BUT every now and again I think that maybe I should just stay as I don't want to leave her. But then I know for a fact, that one day I will resent her or the decision. And this is the reason why I have taken 6 months of thinking and still not sent my Vetassess app off. But now I know I've got to try it, and get everything submittted.
I think this is the standard sort of response judging by this thread! Everyone I;ve sopoken to though has said it'd be regretted if I didn't go and I think they're absolutely right. Everyone has off days and I know for a FACT that for the first month at least I'll be thinking, "what the hell am I doing here." But I think that almost every day here anyway so may as well do it in the sunshine eh?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Don't worry guys, as they say over here "you'll be right"

And don't bank on the sunshine (see my earlier post ) and it's now raining again :curse:
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Oz-bound
Don't worry guys, as they say over here "you'll be right"

And don't bank on the sunshine (see my earlier post ) and it's now raining again :curse:
Yeah, I'm sure I'll manage, for some reason most of the girls were good looking out there I seem to remember.

Just managed to speak to my old college. I told them I'm having my skills assessed for emigration and they need a diploma supplement to acompany my certificate, and the woman (head of HNCs) said she'd never heard of one lol.

So looks as though me waiting to speak to her has been a waste of time. Just hope they don't demand one, as I won't be able to get one if the college have no idea what it is lol.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

Yeah, I'm sure I'll manage, for some reason most of the girls were good looking out there I seem to remember.

Just managed to speak to my old college. I told them I'm having my skills assessed for emigration and they need a diploma supplement to acompany my certificate, and the woman (head of HNCs) said she'd never heard of one lol.

So looks as though me waiting to speak to her has been a waste of time. Just hope they don't demand one, as I won't be able to get one if the college have no idea what it is lol.
:curse: Reminds me of having to go through the Recognition of Prior Learning cr*p for my PR Skilled Visa - nightmare, a million sympathies to you......but it's defo worth it
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

ulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant futureulpul has a brilliant future

I moved here on my own and 4 years on, my brother is emigrating. He flies in at the end of April so will be interesting to see how it works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.