Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:06 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

I'm doing my IELTS soon as I will need the extra 10 to meet the 100 points threshold for my 176 visa. But........big but.......I might have a couple of interviews lined up for jobs that i can get sponsored with so could be going on a 457 and will then apply for residency when i get there. Bit scary as I could be there by June....or it might be June 2009. Cant cope with not knowing............................
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Is this the same secret you wont tell me? Are you really a woman? Didnt we do that one before.....er..........are you Prince William? Is it really a secret if Fizz knows it?
its not the same secret,

its a new one

doc
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Hi Guys,

I never had to do a IELTS, I'm going on a 475 visa though, so i needed less points. Means i'll have to stay in Adelaide for a couple of years but i'm sure i'll cope.

Just sold me car today, so i'm hoping I get a CO soon!!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:27 am
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

hi all
thought i would join in the TOLT as i am up in the air of what to do , been looking into all this since dec 07 and still dont know what or where we going , we would really like to go on a 175 visa as we have 4 children and PR is a lot better for us in the respect of school fee's etc and not having the worry of re applying for PR after 2 yrs or so . when we go we going for good so thats more reason to go on a 175, but we have also been putting husbands resume on agencies, etc in Oz in case we get a 457 . we fall slightly short on points for a 175 =105 but husband could do TRA and IELTS if needs be . but his occupation is unusual in the fact he is a fire alarm technician/engineer in the u.k but in Oz engineer means something completely different to what hubby does, but we had a look at the SOL list and he could do the Electronic instrument tradesperson (special class) 4314-13 and he thinks he can pass this as its the closest thing to what he does being a technician, he has done this for 6 yrs so we think he is competent enough. we are in the process of getting ref from his previous employers , boy are some lazy . they have asked him to write them and them e-mail them to him and they will change or ammend as they see fit and them send them on headed paper, so more work for me as i know hubby will ask me to type it whilst he tells me what to put

omg sorry this has turned into a long post , forgot to say we have 6 children but the elder 2 are not coming with us as they not dependent and eldest who is 20 on fri will need his own visa anyways so only 4 are coming with us to our new life when we get it that is and i say when not if as we intend to get there somehow.

trouble is we dont know if we should wait to see what new pathway they bring in and also out fabulous in-laws have booked an all expensis payed trip to disney in florida for all 8 of us in sept so we really want to take the kids on that as its the trip of a lifetime, if we go for a 175 we will be ok as we know it will take a while for the visa ut a 457 could be 4 weeks from application if hubby gets a sponsor.

so thats our predicament, do we go and do the TRA and EILTS if need for points or do we wait if we get a sponsor and hope we get another later on or put everything on a back boiler and wait till pathway comes back and go to florida in sept .

We really wanna get the ball rolling as we know on a 175 it can be a yr + to get visa but if he doesnt pass we back in the same boat of what to do

anyways sorry for my wafling on bet u fed up now reading all my woes lol

anyway
kind regards
michell

p.s forgot to add we also dont know what to do about putting house on market !! oh the stress

Last edited by michell; Mar 12th 2008 at 7:28 am. Reason: p.s
Old Mar 12th 2008, 7:30 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp
its not the same secret,

its a new one

doc
You have more than one???????

Blimey I cant cope!
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Im not sitting my ielts?!!!
Im not sure at the moment whether I can even afford to go to Oz anymore and looks like I may have to go with my original plans for NZ....
The house prices/mortgage rates are so high that as a young single female I wont be able to afford it. I dont want to rent long term as have spent the last 12 years moving around and being unsettled and one of the reasons for the move was to go to somewhere I can afford my own home.
Hi Fizz!

hmm - NZ?? I really enjoyed the couple of months I spent travelling there (lovely country), but reckon I'd go a bit mad living there as its very very very very very very very quiet. And, if the sheep ever revolt you'd be in trouble - they outnumber humans 16 to 1.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pacey
in other news, I have got my ex interested in coming over with me on a working hol visa and sharing a place. But i've no idea how that will work out or even if it's a good idea.
Does that mean we'll maybe have to ban pacey from the thread?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

Seriously Fizz, don't go to NZ. Get your Aus visa. You're already on the path. Once you have that, you will be easily able to go over to NZ anyway at a later date if things in Aus don't quite suit. But I'd choose Aus first over NZ. You're young and single - NZ isn't the place for you, if you ask me.. but good luck whatever you choose! Always holiday accomodation available in the Official Loners House-Hotels, i'm sure!

Originally Posted by nickUK
Does that mean we'll maybe have to ban pacey from the thread?
hah thanks, i'll get me coat! Would love it if she came, but she's a northern girl and loves her mam's apron strings too much! So think I'll still be needing my wingmen! Don't make me the lonliest loner!

Originally Posted by michell
hi all
Hey Michell and welcome to the loners thread! With 4 children and a man in tow you are a little under qualified but we won't let that bother us! Sounds like a massive undertaking, and I wish you all the best with it.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:31 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

its not the same secret,

its a new one

doc
You sharing with everyone then?!!?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 1:39 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nickUK
Hi Fizz!

hmm - NZ?? I really enjoyed the couple of months I spent travelling there (lovely country), but reckon I'd go a bit mad living there as its very very very very very very very quiet. And, if the sheep ever revolt you'd be in trouble - they outnumber humans 16 to 1.
Thanks for the advice Nick,
It was the quietness in NZ that was putting me off, as you will all know by now Im not the quietest person! lol!
Not frightened by the sheep tho!!!
Think I will have to PM you and see realistically I could afford.

Originally Posted by pacey
Seriously Fizz, don't go to NZ. Get your Aus visa. You're already on the path. Once you have that, you will be easily able to go over to NZ anyway at a later date if things in Aus don't quite suit. But I'd choose Aus first over NZ. You're young and single - NZ isn't the place for you, if you ask me.. but good luck whatever you choose! Always holiday accomodation available in the Official Loners House-Hotels, i'm sure!.
Thanks Pacey! Maybe thats an idea - as I do have 6 months accomodation already sorted if I need it. I need a bit of reassusrance on the costings before I go any further with everything as I dont want to get over there after selling my flat then find I cant afford it and having to come back to the UK
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:35 am
beach bum

Blimey ........its never been this quiet in here.........is everyone sick....or am I the only home alone on a Friday night saddo round here?
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Blimey ........its never been this quiet in here.........is everyone sick....or am I the only home alone on a Friday night saddo round here?
just finished work!!!:thumbdown ::

thumbdown:

doc
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:48 pm
beach bum

just finished work!!!:thumbdown ::

thumbdown:

doc
Aww poor you having to work till that time. I will be mostly writing my dissertation this weekend. Good job its not sunny as would be most depressed.

My police checks came in the post this morning - and I havent done anything officer honest!
Old Mar 14th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Aww poor you having to work till that time. I will be mostly writing my dissertation this weekend. Good job its not sunny as would be most depressed.

My police checks came in the post this morning - and I havent done anything officer honest!
Hey loners!!

lol, I'm dreading my police checks. Hopefully my tellings off won't show. When I was 14-16 they knew me by name.

I'm getting concerned about my vetassess, I emailed them a week ago asking whether my documents had got to them and they just replied with a standard response about the process takes 6 weeks, if they need anything extra they'll contact me.

Think I might phone them tomorrow night and speak to someone.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 11:04 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by xzibit
Hey loners!!

lol, I'm dreading my police checks. Hopefully my tellings off won't show. When I was 14-16 they knew me by name.

I'm getting concerned about my vetassess, I emailed them a week ago asking whether my documents had got to them and they just replied with a standard response about the process takes 6 weeks, if they need anything extra they'll contact me.

Think I might phone them tomorrow night and speak to someone.
I havent heard anything yet either hun - I havent even had a response to my e-mails. Did phone them once - they weren't that easy to deal with.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.