Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:15 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Yep. On the Monday I was whinging on here about a broken washing machine. On the Wednesday I pranged my car and got mild concussion and mild hypothermia after spending nearly 6 hours sitting in it awaiting the RAC. On the Thursday I found out my mum had breast cancer, on the Friday the RAC lost my broken car and on the Saturday the plane taking me to Jersey to be with my mum was bucketed about by a very violent storm. I spent most of the next 5 months in Jersey, got hell at work because of it and now Mr B and I are looking at life in the UK rather than Oz having been just two weeks away from me lodging my spouse visa. And I've no idea what will happen next, but given the rest of this year, I'm not expecting anything good. And yes, friends have done their best, but I am slightly inclined to see someone more professional due to the dramatic number of *life changes* taking place at the moment.....

Ah well. Whinge over.
Wow, amazing that that all happened in a week!
And it all seems like yesterday, but it was ages ago.

Geez, yeah, I wouldn't of suggested it, but now you say, maybe it is a good idea to see a professional!
You'll end up like your dad maybe otherwise
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Yep. On the Monday I was whinging on here about a broken washing machine. On the Wednesday I pranged my car and got mild concussion and mild hypothermia after spending nearly 6 hours sitting in it awaiting the RAC. On the Thursday I found out my mum had breast cancer, on the Friday the RAC lost my broken car and on the Saturday the plane taking me to Jersey to be with my mum was bucketed about by a very violent storm. I spent most of the next 5 months in Jersey, got hell at work because of it and now Mr B and I are looking at life in the UK rather than Oz having been just two weeks away from me lodging my spouse visa. And I've no idea what will happen next, but given the rest of this year, I'm not expecting anything good. And yes, friends have done their best, but I am slightly inclined to see someone more professional due to the dramatic number of *life changes* taking place at the moment.....

Ah well. Whinge over.
Doesn't sound like whinging to me, sounds like a whole heap of trouble that would knock most people right out.

Don't be shy of seeing someone "impartial" and not emotional involved, it can work wonders ... for some people anyway.

You have an advantage, you're female, blokes would rather admit to being impotent then seek help ... well, the ones I know anyway ...
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:18 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Simone
bummer.

Bunyips are scary though!
I swear there was one living across the road from where I grew up!
I was scared at night, it made wierd noises!
I'll ask the doctor for an extra jab before I go
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:20 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Doesn't sound like whinging to me, sounds like a whole heap of trouble that would knock most people right out.

Don't be shy of seeing someone "impartial" and not emotional involved, it can work wonders ... for some people anyway.

You have an advantage, you're female, blokes would rather admit to being impotent then seek help ... well, the ones I know anyway ...

LOL! Very true! It's taken my dad 57 years to sort himself out (he had a nervous breakdown when my mum was diagnosed - forgot that in the above list). He has obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety and depressive tendencies so it's a wonder I am even remotely normal (thanks mum). He's been having cognitive therapy though and it has worked wonders, so I can see the positive side. Not sure I really want to get into the whole counselling lark but can see that it might be a good idea in the long run if I'm not to go totally nuts.....
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:22 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

...might want to get one for the Kangawalladingafox too.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

:-D :-D :-D
Seriously, for a while I was convinced it was a bunyip. Now I realise it was an owl

Yeah, I forgot to say: no, that's not whinging!!! I'm there's one nonwhinger it'd be you
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:16 pm
She's a bird, you know

Morning. Are Tuesdays any better than Mondays? And can anyone remember when Grayling gets back?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 6:54 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Morning. Are Tuesdays any better than Mondays? And can anyone remember when Grayling gets back?
tuesday is one day closer to weekend

bad memory, can't remember about Grayling....
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:04 pm
She's a bird, you know

tuesday is one day closer to weekend

bad memory, can't remember about Grayling....
Grayling's on his hols......I think he said two weeks, so he should be back tomorrow or thereabouts.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:27 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Grayling's on his hols......I think he said two weeks, so he should be back tomorrow or thereabouts.
I remembered about holiday, I'm not that bad

Wow, so it's nearly been 2 weeks already???!!!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:34 pm
She's a bird, you know

I remembered about holiday, I'm not that bad

Wow, so it's nearly been 2 weeks already???!!!

Well, I think it has. I'm sure he went away the Wednesday before I went to Jersey, then I had another Wednesday in Jersey and now it's nearly Wednesday again. That said, time is well and truly warped for me at the moment, so I could be completely wrong
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:48 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

.... if I'm not to go totally nuts.....
Bundy... ur as normal as me so do not worry!!!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Bundy... ur as normal as me so do not worry!!!
Put me into therapy now!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:56 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Put me into therapy now!
recommend the priory in Putney.... lol
Old Oct 18th 2004, 8:09 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
recommend the priory in Putney.... lol

Thus spake the voice of experience, eh Joe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.