Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Oct 16th 2004, 4:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by bundy
Good luck with the job hunting you lot.....
I'm sure everything will be sorted by then chuck, goodluck
Old Oct 17th 2004, 6:12 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Morning. It's cold, it's wet, it's dark and it's Monday.

How is everyone?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

How is everyone?
Having exactly the same weather here in Victoria, cold, wet and dark.....and the forecast for the next 3 days is the same.............

How are you and where do you live?
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:23 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

How is everyone?
Looking OK in Kent actually ... about 3 degrees at night and 14 during the day ... the usual idiots letting fireworks off at 1am but other than that all quiet

Just got me visa granted so today could've started worse

I am learning to appreciate the rain, I hear the residents of Brisbane are doing little jigs of joy at the latest "deluge" ... <i'll find a jiggy joy smily at some point>

Hope your day gets warmer, drier, brighter and less like a Monday
Old Oct 17th 2004, 10:58 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Looking OK in Kent actually ... about 3 degrees at night and 14 during the day ... the usual idiots letting fireworks off at 1am but other than that all quiet
Just got me visa granted so today could've started worse

I am learning to appreciate the rain, I hear the residents of Brisbane are doing little jigs of joy at the latest "deluge" ... <i'll find a jiggy joy smily at some point>

Hope your day gets warmer, drier, brighter and less like a Monday

Blimey! Congrats on the visa! Blinkin marvellous way to start the week in my view. So when are you off?

It's brightened up a bit here (Cambridge UK Willmore). Sunny and calm now. Can't tell the temp - they've got the office heating on full blast so it's the balmy tropics in here. I suspect it may be a little colder outside.

Not sure I like all these reports of an arctic winter to follow......I'm not good at winter
Old Oct 18th 2004, 12:33 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Blimey! Congrats on the visa! Blinkin marvellous way to start the week in my view. So when are you off?

It's brightened up a bit here (Cambridge UK Willmore). Sunny and calm now. Can't tell the temp - they've got the office heating on full blast so it's the balmy tropics in here. I suspect it may be a little colder outside.

Not sure I like all these reports of an arctic winter to follow......I'm not good at winter
Thanks, aiming to be there for a wedding (not mine!) on Jan 8th.

It's pretty bright in Kent, good job too, I've got some stuff I need to sell now ... way too much baggage kicking around

The winter doesn't sound too promising does it? I mean, a few flakes of snow and the M11 grinds to a halt anyway ... let's hope they grit it this time

(sorry had to cut the smilies out of your reply!)
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:03 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Good evening all

"deadmeat" (argh, do you have another name, can't remember!) Congrats on the visa!!!

Very hot here today, and it's only spring (29 degrees). I'm soooo going to die in the summer!!!!
Tomorrow back to 21.

Had a good weekend, went 4WDing with friends. Got to camping spot to late though, and all good spots were taken. As it was already dark, we decided to go back to Bunbury(an hour back) and stayed at friends place there!
Next time we'll go in the morning!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:07 am
Account Closed

Thanks Simone,

"Deadmeat", "Matt", "Oi You", any of these will do

Hmmmm, I'm no stranger to camping but I'm not sure about all these spiders dropping out of trees I keep hearing about!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:38 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Simone,

"Deadmeat", "Matt", "Oi You", any of these will do

Hmmmm, I'm no stranger to camping but I'm not sure about all these spiders dropping out of trees I keep hearing about!
Ah, that was it, Matt!

Nah, never seen spiders drop out of trees?
Are you confused with 'Dropbears'? Now they're scary!!

A spider ran around in our kitchen today though
Second spider in the house in 3 months, so doing ok!
Summer is coming though, will get worse! Hopefully no cockroaches!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:46 am
She's a bird, you know

Ahhh, snow and the M11. I work just off the M11 and two years ago the majority of my colleagues were the ones stuck there all night (I stayed at work that night). Mind you, earlier this year I thought I would battle home despite the snow and hit black ice in the scariest blizzard I've ever seen and pranged my car into a tree. It was the start of what is now known as Crap 2004.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Ahhh, snow and the M11. I work just off the M11 and two years ago the majority of my colleagues were the ones stuck there all night (I stayed at work that night). Mind you, earlier this year I thought I would battle home despite the snow and hit black ice in the scariest blizzard I've ever seen and pranged my car into a tree. It was the start of what is now known as Crap 2004.
Yup, it's no fun when life starts throwing curveballs. Years ago I ended a long relationship (well, it was ended for me!), moved to a totally unsuitable job to chase money (big mistake) AND lost my Dad to cancer within a 3 month period.

Took me a LONG time to haul myself out of it and if there's one thing I learnt then there are some things that you can't just "work through" on your own. I should've got help sooner, I hope you have friends around you and you are getting the support that you need

Sorry to go all serious, I'll go back to posting knob gags now
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:00 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Simone
Ah, that was it, Matt!

Nah, never seen spiders drop out of trees?
Are you confused with 'Dropbears'? Now they're scary!!

A spider ran around in our kitchen today though
Second spider in the house in 3 months, so doing ok!
Summer is coming though, will get worse! Hopefully no cockroaches!
Yer not fooling me, I've heard the urban myth ... no, really, they don't exist do they?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:07 am
She's a bird, you know

Yup, it's no fun when life starts throwing curveballs. Years ago I ended a long relationship (well, it was ended for me!), moved to a totally unsuitable job to chase money (big mistake) AND lost my Dad to cancer within a 3 month period.

Took me a LONG time to haul myself out of it and if there's one thing I learnt then there are some things that you can't just "work through" on your own. I should've got help sooner, I hope you have friends around you and you are getting the support that you need

Sorry to go all serious, I'll go back to posting knob gags now

Yep. On the Monday I was whinging on here about a broken washing machine. On the Wednesday I pranged my car and got mild concussion and mild hypothermia after spending nearly 6 hours sitting in it awaiting the RAC. On the Thursday I found out my mum had breast cancer, on the Friday the RAC lost my broken car and on the Saturday the plane taking me to Jersey to be with my mum was bucketed about by a very violent storm. I spent most of the next 5 months in Jersey, got hell at work because of it and now Mr B and I are looking at life in the UK rather than Oz having been just two weeks away from me lodging my spouse visa. And I've no idea what will happen next, but given the rest of this year, I'm not expecting anything good. And yes, friends have done their best, but I am slightly inclined to see someone more professional due to the dramatic number of *life changes* taking place at the moment.....

Ah well. Whinge over.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:07 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Yer not fooling me, I've heard the urban myth ... no, really, they don't exist do they?
bummer.

Bunyips are scary though!
I swear there was one living across the road from where I grew up!
I was scared at night, it made wierd noises!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 2:12 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Simone
bummer.

Bunyips are scary though!
I swear there was one living across the road from where I grew up!
I was scared at night, it made wierd noises!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.