Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Wikiposts

Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Let's just cut the crap and have a good row

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
I'm here, although that's not always saying much.
So you end up having a fun labour day?
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
So you end up having a fun labour day?
Haven't done anything. We barbecued yesterday because my husband was off work, but as I said he's working today. So, took the dog and the little one for a walk through the neighbourhood here. Found out our street doesn't go in circle as I thought it might, and then had some really weird kids follow us back. Actually, I shouldn't say weird, probably just bored, but everytime I looked behind me they'd jump into hedges or behind bushes to hide from me. LOL Followed us all the way home.

What about you?
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I shouldn't say weird, probably just bored, but everytime I looked behind me they'd jump into hedges or behind bushes to hide from me. LOL Followed us all the way home.

What about you?
Creapy *l*

Well I didn't do much, lounged bout here, read some, also read the maine highway code, which is a cracking read I might add
then saw the excorcist - the beginning, which was pretty amusing, only slightly disturbing, certainly wasn't very scarey...probably because if wasn't in the evening
and now, I'm back here, getting ready to load some things up for the drive to the in-laws, missus gets out of work around 10, so be a late drive back...
which should be interesting...can't really do much over 35 without the vibrations killing the leg...
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Creapy *l*

Well I didn't do much, lounged bout here, read some, also read the maine highway code, which is a cracking read I might add
then saw the excorcist - the beginning, which was pretty amusing, only slightly disturbing, certainly wasn't very scarey...probably because if wasn't in the evening
and now, I'm back here, getting ready to load some things up for the drive to the in-laws, missus gets out of work around 10, so be a late drive back...
which should be interesting...can't really do much over 35 without the vibrations killing the leg...
Yes, the Oregon highway code was exhilirating as well, now that we're in Washington I'm gagging on the thought that I have to read yet another highway code book!

Exorcist, can't remember much. I always thought The Omen was the scariest movie I ever saw.

Don't know how far you're going, but doing 35 won't get you very far. What's wrong with your leg? If you don't mind me asking?
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Yes, the Oregon highway code was exhilirating as well, now that we're in Washington I'm gagging on the thought that I have to read yet another highway code book!

Exorcist, can't remember much. I always thought The Omen was the scariest movie I ever saw.

Don't know how far you're going, but doing 35 won't get you very far. What's wrong with your leg? If you don't mind me asking?
The highway code sucks, but it's mostly the stupid stats that have to remember...but apparantly, according to whom i spoke to at the dmv, as long as i ain't a permanant resident yet, I can still use my international drivers license, i don't care if she's wrong, i'm in no hurry to contradict her

As for the Exorcist, it was the prequal movie that just came out, weren't bad, but weren't great either....

and the drive, it ain't far, a couple hours normal drive, but at half the speed, could take a while, and there's nothing wrong with my leg, did dink a toe on the other foot that don't drive though, but it's just the car vibrates quite a bit after 35mph and that makes my right leg go numb...it's all down that dodgy exhaust....but its' gonna finally get fixed...hopefully...or somin'...cos it's really had, completey detached from the muffler now so not only is it a monster noise maker, it does stink a bit
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

So you can't transfer the license to washington?
And what's Oregon like? done a bit of job hunting out there, tho not all that much out there, but it sounds nice...
Old Sep 6th 2004, 12:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Hmmm....back to being bored again...
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bob
So you can't transfer the license to washington?
And what's Oregon like? done a bit of job hunting out there, tho not all that much out there, but it sounds nice...
No you can't transfer a license, you always have to take a test. Oregon, well where we were on the coast, was pretty, but no employment. Sad, but Seattle isn't bad, but my husband is having a hard time finding his line of work here as well. Oh well. What do you do? Sorry about the car, they can be a pain sometimes.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 2:36 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Well hello my smutty little munchkins. looks like you've all been a bit busy and the level of filth is quite impressive.

Good to see some of my old advesaries are getting a bit fruity. Simone, you can pretend you dont know you're doing it, but we all know what you ditch girls are like, and bundy.....what can I say, you're going over my knee girl if you do it again! Ah, I've missed my cyber chick.

I wont bore you with life in Darwin loonyville, i'll post that on the Oz site, but I'm at home today cos my alarmingly organised and never wrong (its a girl thing) girlfriend has taken my keys with her this mornin. So here I am locked in. On the 3rd floor so an acrobatic escape is unlikely, unless there's a fire, in which case my arse will be over that balcony in a breath!

I'm sure that it will somehow end up as my fault that she took both sets of keys and left me imprisoned. You girls are good at deflecting blame.

Anyway I'm sorry I dont get on much, but I miss my fellow crap threaders and look forward to reading posts from old and new alike.

ta ta.
Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:23 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, it worked!
I pm you to tell you to get out of the shower AND post about Darwin, and you do both!
Brilliant!
Actually, I'm not that surprised, it's sooo easy!

btw, what is a 'ditch' girl?

Congratulations on the 400 and 4000 everyone, and to Don!!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 4:25 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, the tests went well, had 45 mins each for excel and word, about 37 questions. Did both in about 10 mins, got 4 wrong with excel and 1 wrong with word.
It was annoying, because in real life you'd just try till you found that function, but here you could only click in something wrong twice, and that was it.
But anyway, yeah, easy peasy!

Also did a "work attitude test". Some of the remarks from that:
Open and friendly, you are likely to enjoy dealing with people, and to be happy and co-operative working in a team.

But also:
You seem an independant persons who likes to be left to get on with a job without your supervisor interfering....

And:
You tend to believe it is important to finish anything you start and you do like to know you have done a good job and got things right.

You have potential to undertake quite skilled work and to benefit quickly from training.

You lot have indeed taught me very well, because now I am also reading smuttyness in serious things!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:08 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Cov?

I'm bored.......... (not that I don't have anything to do, but am feeling lazy as usual)
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:14 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by Simone
Cov?

I'm bored.......... (not that I don't have anything to do, but am feeling lazy as usual)
OMG! I just reread that!! :scared: OOps! Ignore me!
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:18 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simone
OMG! I just reread that!! :scared: OOps! Ignore me!

Simone, put Lazy down.....

Morning all. Was that an appearance from the mythical, majestical Loose? And I missed it. Ah well. Although he did promise to put me over his knee so I guess all is not lost.

And how is everyone this morning? Hate to shock you all (it's a shock to me too) but I actually have some work to do this morning. Won't take me long because I'm soooo efficient but if I go a bit quiet, that's why....
Old Sep 6th 2004, 6:22 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by bundy
Simone, put Lazy down.....

Morning all. Was that an appearance from the mythical, majestical Loose? And I missed it. Ah well. Although he did promise to put me over his knee so I guess all is not lost.

And how is everyone this morning? Hate to shock you all (it's a shock to me too) but I actually have some work to do this morning. Won't take me long because I'm soooo efficient but if I go a bit quiet, that's why....
Down where?

Ah, work. I don't have it, but I do have a massive to do list! That has to be done before 5. Oh oops, it's already 2.30 nearly...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.