Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old Jun 19th 2011, 5:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by chris955
Comfortably Numb is THE best song....EVER
without a doubt
Old Jun 19th 2011, 6:34 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mmmmmm looks gorgeous! I'm jealous!!
They phoned me last night to say they only had twin rooms left

Back to looking

Oh and keep it quiet - it's meant to be a surprise
Old Jun 19th 2011, 7:58 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
They phoned me last night to say they only had twin rooms left

Back to looking

Oh and keep it quiet - it's meant to be a surprise
I won't tell a soul Thats a bugger about the rooms
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:33 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

I won't tell a soul Thats a bugger about the rooms
and now me babysitter has reneged
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:05 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rasen78
and now me babysitter has reneged
Oh what! Not your week is it :curse:
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:07 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Trying to encourage my cold to get worse so I could go sick owing to some twit putting me on day shifts.......its not good for a Witch like me to be out in daylight, scares the locals and wasting money investing in an iphone. Possibly the worst investment I ever made and I nearly handed it over to the possoms to play with last night to I object to being beaten by a piece of plastic just cos my fingers are too fat for the keys

I spent over an hour in the Orange Phone Shop with the Iphone in one hand and the HTC Desire in the other, playing with each...............went for teh HTC in the end

Hope your cold gets better xx
Old Jun 20th 2011, 1:56 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by GingerDom
I spent over an hour in the Orange Phone Shop with the Iphone in one hand and the HTC Desire in the other, playing with each...............went for teh HTC in the end

Hope your cold gets better xx
Went to work this morning and promptly got sent home again! Trouble is I really HAD to go in - everyone knows I hate day shifts so if I hadn't proved I was sick no-on would've believed me! And although it seems OK here to go sick when you're not, I've never done it, it goes against the grain. Too many years of working for the police at home and having sick leave monitored and Bradshaw scores and all that rubbish. HR once threatened to give me a written warning when I was off sick back home - genuinely ill, living on my own and I refused to let the boss in when he came round to check if I was really ill (which they HAD to do in the early 1990s), Fortunately Welfare got involved and pointed out it was unfair to expect a single woman, sick in bed, to allow a man she only knew from work into her flat! ;rolleyes:
So I've spent all day fiddling wiv me iphone and its now slightly more manageable.....its also playing Heart Radio Bristol and Jazz FM alternately
Old Jun 20th 2011, 4:09 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Went to work this morning and promptly got sent home again! Trouble is I really HAD to go in - everyone knows I hate day shifts so if I hadn't proved I was sick no-on would've believed me! And although it seems OK here to go sick when you're not, I've never done it, it goes against the grain. Too many years of working for the police at home and having sick leave monitored and Bradshaw scores and all that rubbish. HR once threatened to give me a written warning when I was off sick back home - genuinely ill, living on my own and I refused to let the boss in when he came round to check if I was really ill (which they HAD to do in the early 1990s), Fortunately Welfare got involved and pointed out it was unfair to expect a single woman, sick in bed, to allow a man she only knew from work into her flat! ;rolleyes:
So I've spent all day fiddling wiv me iphone and its now slightly more manageable.....its also playing Heart Radio Bristol and Jazz FM alternately
Blimey trusting lot, eh?

Ah so you go a radio app for your phone. Coolio!!!!!!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 12:10 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Blimey trusting lot, eh?

Ah so you go a radio app for your phone. Coolio!!!!!!
Yeah I resurrected the thread in here about Cool Apps, mainly in an attempt to convince myself that having spent 5 years getting round to buying the thing I wanted to find something that convinced me this iphone was a Good Thing. Now listening to Heart Sussex - which used to be Southern FM - a test of when I was footloose and fancy-free in Brighton years ago ........a town i should never have left
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:23 pm
Home and Happy

Yeah I resurrected the thread in here about Cool Apps, mainly in an attempt to convince myself that having spent 5 years getting round to buying the thing I wanted to find something that convinced me this iphone was a Good Thing. Now listening to Heart Sussex - which used to be Southern FM - a test of when I was footloose and fancy-free in Brighton years ago ........a town i should never have left
OMG the standards in my local are dropping

Drunken Irishmen? in the Crown? Never!!!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226079316003

I love this bit - On hearing that Conneely had stopped drinking after the incident, magistrate Tina Previtera described that decision as "pleasing".. Well done Mr Irishman, the incident was on the 4th June, today's the 21st, thats willpower

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 20th 2011 at 6:26 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:20 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Sooooooo ......................'The Scheme' has started on The Beeb.

Plucking hate that show with a passion.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:07 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Sooooooo ......................'The Scheme' has started on The Beeb.

Plucking hate that show with a passion.
Have to admit I've never watched it - sounds like that could be a good thing

Just got funny looks in the local beer shop....don't understand it, if they will play good stuff like this they must expect their customers to wander round singing tunelessly to them An all time favourite, nearly up there with Comfortably Numb........

Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:44 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Have to admit I've never watched it - sounds like that could be a good thing

Just got funny looks in the local beer shop....don't understand it, if they will play good stuff like this they must expect their customers to wander round singing tunelessly to them An all time favourite, nearly up there with Comfortably Numb........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=F-CQk2U0LAE

(can you sing? )
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:48 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by scottishcelts

(can you sing? )
note use of the word "tunelessly"
Old Jun 20th 2011, 9:49 pm

note use of the word "tunelessly"

Same here - which is why I don't have the nerve to sing out loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.