Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old May 22nd 2011, 2:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
At least you have a football-free day One of my mates has just gone off to Fulham hoping for a good end to the season
A year after one volcano erupted in Iceland and caused havoc for air passengers an even larger one has spouted ash, closing airspace to flights. Grimsvoetn, Iceland’s most active volcano at the heart of its biggest glacier, began erupting late on Saturday, sending a plume of smoke and ash 12miles high.

You just can't get the staff now can you, I requested that eruption for the beginning of May, not halfway through, useless twits!!!
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:24 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

A year after one volcano erupted in Iceland and caused havoc for air passengers an even larger one has spouted ash, closing airspace to flights. Grimsvoetn, Iceland’s most active volcano at the heart of its biggest glacier, began erupting late on Saturday, sending a plume of smoke and ash 12miles high.

You just can't get the staff now can you, I requested that eruption for the beginning of May, not halfway through, useless twits!!!
that's what you get for wishing bad things on Arsenal
Old May 22nd 2011, 2:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
that's what you get for wishing bad things on Arsenal
Old May 24th 2011, 4:11 am
Home and Happy

Ah today the delights of phoning Medicare :curse:

"Yes of course we can change your name on our records, we need three pieces of ID in each name...."
but you already have my other name on file from before I got married, plus photocopies of all the ID on both names.....
"yes, but we need it all again now. We'll send you a form, bring it in with you"
"You need to update my address first, I've moved"
"Well come into the office with three pieces of ID and we'll change your address, then we can send you the form to change your name. You can register online to change your address though"
"OK I'll do that"
"We'll post you the form with your secure password in it then you can update your address"
"How can you post it to me when you don't have my address?"
"We send it to the old one, you'll have to ask them to forward it"
"And that contains a secure online password just for MY use, which is why you're sending it to an address I just told you I no longer live at? Can't you email it to me?"
"Oh no, that wouldn't be very secure would it, I mean anyone can open an email, its not like a letter....."

:curse: :curse:

I give up, I shall be claiming the cost of my Nurofen back from medicare at this rate!
Old May 24th 2011, 4:18 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

"Yes of course we can change your name on our records, we need three pieces of ID in each name...."
but you already have my other name on file from before I got married, plus photocopies of all the ID on both names.....
"yes, but we need it all again now. We'll send you a form, bring it in with you"
"Well come into the office with three pieces of ID and we'll change your address, then we can send you the form to change your name. You can register online to change your address though"
"OK I'll do that"
"We'll post you the form with your secure password in it then you can update your address"
"And that contains a secure online password just for MY use, which is why you're sending it to an address I just told you I no longer live at? Can't you email it to me?"
"Oh no, that wouldn't be very secure would it, I mean anyone can open an email, its not like a letter....."

I give up, I shall be claiming the cost of my Nurofen back from medicare at this rate!

You just can't get the staff Or the customers either. One 'lady' today wanted to know why we hadn't called her at 8am this morning to let her know the engineer's van had broken down so his visit may well be delayed. Erm, that'll be because it hadn't happened then and we didn't know about it until 9am 5 phone calls in to us later, and I think she finally got the point
Old May 24th 2011, 5:02 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

"OK I'll do that"

your tax dollars at work )
Old May 24th 2011, 5:23 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by newjersey
your tax dollars at work )
Makes you wonder doesn't it! I'm still trying to work out how come a letter going to an address I no longer live at is more secure than a Qld Govt email address!!
Got to love these "online" systems which still use the snail mail service!
Old May 24th 2011, 6:25 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

Makes you wonder doesn't it! I'm still trying to work out how come a letter going to an address I no longer live at is more secure than a Qld Govt email address!!
Got to love these "online" systems which still use the snail mail service!
That is a classic Polly!!! Hahaha

Here's another that my brother experienced recently:

Funny Tech Support Calls

Customer: "I have just received your software, but I have these plastic things, what are they?"
Tech Support: "Could you describe them please?"
Customer: "They are black plastic, thin, and square."
Tech Support: "Anything else?"
Customer: "They have a metal bit on one edge."
Tech Support: "Disks?"
Customer: "Well, I don't know, do I? I just brought your package. What do I do with them?"

I see a horrible call ahead, and the customer is quite irate already.

Tech Support: "Put the disks in the drive."
Customer: "What's a drive?"
Tech Support: "The slot in your machine that looks just the right size for the disk."
Customer: "Which machine?"
Tech Support: "Do you have a hard drive?"
Customer: "I have two boxes. One has a picture on it."
Tech Support: "Put the first disk in, metal side first."
Customer: "Ok. It's gone in."
Tech Support: "Go to the 'start' button, then run, then type 'setup'."
Customer: "My computer isn't on. How do I turn it on?"
Tech Support: "Push the button by the drive to eject the disk, and press the button that says 'power' on the machine without the pictures on it."
Customer: "Ok. Done."
Tech Support: "Now put in the disk, go to start, run, and type 'setup'."
Customer: "Oh, it's all working now. Thanks, but your software isn't very easy to use, is it?"
Old May 24th 2011, 7:47 pm
Home and Happy

You know you're in Queensland and its that time of year again when......
......a man in his 50s runs through the pub, wearing only a maroon (thats marOOn with 2 Os) vest and shorts that are too small, bare feet, small goatee beard, carrying a beer bottle, and yelling "Ï'm a Queenslander" before running across a dual carriageway in the rush hour

Like anyone gives a flying watsit if you're a Qlder, you're certainly an idiot!

Guy in the post office said to me today "are you watching the match?" I said "Match? Season doesn't start again till August" So he said "oh you like the English game, I'm an Arsenal supporter" I told him I stayed at a flat round the corner from the Emersh*tes stadium last month, and he actually asked "Who plays there then?"

And people call ME an armchair supporter
Old May 24th 2011, 8:00 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

You know you're in Queensland and its that time of year again when......
......a man in his 50s runs through the pub, wearing only a maroon (thats marOOn with 2 Os) vest and shorts that are too small, bare feet, small goatee beard, carrying a beer bottle, and yelling "Ï'm a Queenslander" before running across a dual carriageway in the rush hour
Like anyone gives a flying watsit if you're a Qlder, you're certainly an idiot!

Guy in the post office said to me today "are you watching the match?" I said "Match? Season doesn't start again till August" So he said "oh you like the English game, I'm an Arsenal supporter" I told him I stayed at a flat round the corner from the Emersh*tes stadium last month, and he actually asked "Who plays there then?"

And people call ME an armchair supporter
cheered me up ready for todays priority:- planning our pitch and Putt afternoon followed by curryoake
Old May 24th 2011, 8:05 pm
Home and Happy

cheered me up ready for todays priority:- planning our pitch and Putt afternoon followed by curryoake
Glad to be of service! How very civilised, a Pitch and Putt afternoon! You'll be on croquet and a small glass of sherry next
Old May 24th 2011, 8:09 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

Glad to be of service! How very civilised, a Pitch and Putt afternoon! You'll be on croquet and a small glass of sherry next
not quite plan of attack is:
1200 secure
1300 1/4 Gill - on pre-wet ()
1430 train
1500 golf
On completion - 19th hole
1930 - curryoake
some undetermined time - stagger home

Day after - feel like sh!t go to gym
Old May 24th 2011, 8:12 pm
Home and Happy

not quite plan of attack is:
1200 secure
1300 1/4 Gill - on pre-wet ()
1430 train
1500 golf
On completion - 19th hole
1930 - curryoake
some undetermined time - stagger home

Day after - feel like sh!t go to gym
Oh very well planned!! Are you "singing" at the curryoake or just eating?
Old May 24th 2011, 8:32 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

Oh very well planned!! Are you "singing" at the curryoake or just eating?
I think warbling badly and out of tune covers it
Old May 24th 2011, 8:35 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Do people actually still do karaoaki these days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.