Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old May 30th 2011, 7:23 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by rasen78
Hence why I am eyeing up a few small Hills wineries A little bit of acreage for horses, chooks, grapes and maybe some hops and we'll be sorted
sounds nice. Do you mean Adelaide Hills?
Old May 30th 2011, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
eh?

no, Dans beat (ie match) any advertised price in any ad (eg newspaper)
I've got Dans to reduce prices before and Officeworks for that matter (in fact MSY v Officeworks is a real good way of getting cheap prices) However Playing devils advocate here... the offer at Getwinesdirect in Burnley is conditional in the first place... So I think you will find that Dans can get out of if on that basis... for a starter you would probably have to go on a Wednesday... then they will say they dont accept that Voucher.

If it was an unconditional price, they would certainly always and do match it. In fact Officeworks beats the price by 5pct... I've done that on a few items with them.

Try it and let me know how you go. I'll be straight up there.

Old May 30th 2011, 7:29 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

sounds nice. Do you mean Adelaide Hills?
Yes. Been doing quite a bit of research on house prices and schools and the areas sound lovely. Can't wait to check them out on our validation trip The grapes and hops aren't essential but am hoping for about 1-1.5 acres. I miss the openness of the countryside and is one of the things I am looking forward to experiencing in Aus.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:30 pm

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
I've got Dans to reduce prices before and Officeworks for that matter (in fact MSY v Officeworks is a real good way of getting cheap prices) However Playing devils advocate here... the offer at Getwinesdirect in Burnley is conditional in the first place... So I think you will find that Dans can get out of if on that basis... for a starter you would probably have to go on a Wednesday... then they will say they dont accept that Voucher.

If it was an unconditional price, they would certainly always and do match it. In fact Officeworks beats the price by 5pct... I've done that on a few items with them.

Try it and let me know how you go. I'll be straight up there.

well if it's in stock, Dans honour it. Trust me on this. Me and a mate do it every week, well I've done it twice, he's been doing it for months..
yes you have to go on the wednesday if the getwinesdirect voucher says wednesday. It's a small price to pay for decent beer, if you get me
Old May 30th 2011, 7:31 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Been doing quite a bit of research on house prices and schools and the areas sound lovely. Can't wait to check them out on our validation trip The grapes and hops aren't essential but am hoping for about 1-1.5 acres. I miss the openness of the countryside and is one of the things I am looking forward to experiencing in Aus.
flat above a pub
Old May 30th 2011, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

well if it's in stock, Dans honour it. Trust me on this. Me and a mate do it every week, well I've done it twice, he's been doing it for months..
yes you have to go on the wednesday if the getwinesdirect voucher says wednesday. It's a small price to pay for decent beer, if you get me
Blimey !

I'll be down there tomorrow
Old May 30th 2011, 7:39 pm

Blimey !

I'll be down there tomorrow
you and me both pal.
a word to the wise, get in early, cos all the pommy bastards will be in there like a shot and before you know it will have sold out
Old May 30th 2011, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's one of the easiest things to get in Aus... Space and a house... all for less than 450K... you just have to be willing to travel.

Lots of places around Kilmore and Seymour here in Vic less than 1hour to Melbournes CBD.

How about 100 acres with 6 beds for 450K.

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...mour-106624561
Old May 30th 2011, 7:44 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

It's one of the easiest things to get in Aus... Space and a house... all for less than 450K... you just have to be willing to travel.

Lots of places around Kilmore and Seymour here in Vic less than 1hour to Melbournes CBD.

How about 100 acres with 6 beds for 450K.

http://www.realestate.com.au/propert...mour-106624561
Noooo don't show her stuff like that Walking distance to pub is a must
Old May 30th 2011, 7:44 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
You'll be too tired from crushing my grapes to walk, you fool
Old May 30th 2011, 7:45 pm

You'll be too tired from crushing my grapes to walk, you fool
can you lean over and give 'im a slap from us?
Old May 30th 2011, 7:46 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

with or without a whip?

Done
Old May 30th 2011, 7:47 pm

with or without a whip?
Done
well done, thanks
Old May 30th 2011, 7:48 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

with or without a whip?

Done
well done, thanks
right find me a MOD so I can report this cyber bullying
Old May 30th 2011, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
That walk to the pub, probably ups the price by over 150K... But I'm with you on that one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.