Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old May 17th 2011, 7:16 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
WORKING?!!
yup, Friday 0700-1230

Originally Posted by rasen78
the LOs without me and having you ALL the time
they'd love it constant Wii and films
Old May 17th 2011, 8:07 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
yup, Friday 0700-1230
Thats not the weekend

they'd love it constant Wii and films
All day in their nightclothes, junk food for every meal.....
Old May 17th 2011, 8:56 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats not the weekend

All day in their nightclothes, junk food for every meal.....
Yes, some of us work every day

I can just see the KFC, McD, BK Pizza hut boxes strewn all over the house!!
Old May 17th 2011, 9:22 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Yes, some of us work every day

I can just see the KFC, McD, BK Pizza hut boxes strewn all over the house!!
And thats just from HIM, never mind the kids
Old May 17th 2011, 7:02 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

And thats just from HIM, never mind the kids
I'll shall display my superior maturity by not responding to this blatant bullying

nah
Old May 17th 2011, 9:43 pm
Home and Happy

I'll shall display my superior maturity by not responding to this blatant bullying

nah
Bullying??? Naaaaa mate, realism, I remember the stories from the first few times my sister left BiL in charge....the kids ended up cooking dinner for HIM
Old May 19th 2011, 2:13 am
Home and Happy

Ah the delights of the inane chatter at Aussie checkouts.....I've had a really severe allergy ever since I got back here 2 weeks ago, I'm allergic to the air con and chemicals in the air at work and haven't stopped sneezing since my first shift back, so there I am today, still sneezing in the checkout queue.....

Coles checkout girl with dippy inane accent, to man in front of me: "How was your day?"
Man (looking harrassed, fed up and ready to murder someone) "Bloody dreadful"
Checkout girl "Thats nice, mine was great too"
Man gives her stunned look and leaves.......
Coles checkout girl with dippy inane accent, to me: "How was your day?"
Me (looking incredulous and thinking I'll see if she listens to me if not him!): "Bloody dreadful"
Checkout girl: "Oh you're sneezing"
Me: (thinking No sh&t Sherlock) "Ï'm allergic to air conditioning"
Checkout girl: "I hope I don't catch it from you, it might turn into swine flu"

It wasn't worth wasting my breath answering that one

Do they teach these kids ANYTHING?!!
Old May 19th 2011, 2:26 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Ah the delights of the inane chatter at Aussie checkouts.....I've had a really severe allergy ever since I got back here 2 weeks ago, I'm allergic to the air con and chemicals in the air at work and haven't stopped sneezing since my first shift back, so there I am today, still sneezing in the checkout queue.....

Coles checkout girl with dippy inane accent, to man in front of me: "How was your day?"
Man (looking harrassed, fed up and ready to murder someone) "Bloody dreadful"
Checkout girl "Thats nice, mine was great too"
Man gives her stunned look and leaves.......
Coles checkout girl with dippy inane accent, to me: "How was your day?"
Me (looking incredulous and thinking I'll see if she listens to me if not him!): "Bloody dreadful"
Checkout girl: "Oh you're sneezing"
Me: (thinking No sh&t Sherlock) "Ï'm allergic to air conditioning"
Checkout girl: "I hope I don't catch it from you, it might turn into swine flu"

It wasn't worth wasting my breath answering that one

Do they teach these kids ANYTHING?!!

I bet you felt like slapping her

I've also noticed that the checkout chicks are always delighted no matter how our days have been. Except the Poets Day one. She's quite different I don't mind standing in a longer queue to be served by her.

Hope your allergy clears up soon
Old May 19th 2011, 3:08 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by paulry

I bet you felt like slapping her

I've also noticed that the checkout chicks are always delighted no matter how our days have been. Except the Poets Day one. She's quite different I don't mind standing in a longer queue to be served by her.

Hope your allergy clears up soon
Oh I'm resigned to the allergy! Environmentally friendly buildings are not people friendly, I've established that much. They seem to have run out of cash halfway through painting it too, so our whole area - oncluding the kitchen - has bare concrete walls, and everytime anything brushes against them the air fills with dust!! The WH&S rep seems to be off with stress.....

What got me most today was the quantum leap from allergies to swine flu Think I threw her with my bags as well - several Asda green bags, but also a Sainsburys coolbag - she peered at the words "Cool Bag" suspiciously - then loaded it with tins, putting the cold stuff in the normal bags
She'll go far that one....with my boot up her backside if I get her serving me again!!
Old May 19th 2011, 3:16 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Oh I'm resigned to the allergy! Environmentally friendly buildings are not people friendly, I've established that much. They seem to have run out of cash halfway through painting it too, so our whole area - oncluding the kitchen - has bare concrete walls, and everytime anything brushes against them the air fills with dust!! The WH&S rep seems to be off with stress.....

What got me most today was the quantum leap from allergies to swine flu Think I threw her with my bags as well - several Asda green bags, but also a Sainsburys coolbag - she peered at the words "Cool Bag" suspiciously - then loaded it with tins, putting the cold stuff in the normal bags
She'll go far that one....with my boot up her backside if I get her serving me again!!
Tut tut, that's not the attitude I'd expect towards the intellectually challenged I can see an E&D course in your future
Old May 19th 2011, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Tut tut, that's not the attitude I'd expect towards the intellectually challenged I can see an E&D course in your future
Oh I'm good with the intellectually challenged, I'm one of them after all
Old May 19th 2011, 3:20 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Oh I'm good with the intellectually challenged, I'm one of them after all
self deprecating humour, is that allowed in Oz
Old May 19th 2011, 3:22 am
Home and Happy

self deprecating humour, is that allowed in Oz
I'm just quoting what others have said to me not too long ago

As for it not being allowed....hmmm wonder if it could be a deportable offence....
Old May 19th 2011, 3:26 am
Shiny Arse Know All

I'm just quoting what others have said to me not too long ago

As for it not being allowed....hmmm wonder if it could be a deportable offence....
yer a citizen now, so no deportation for you

right time to bugger off back to the flat, enjoy your environmentally friendly building
Old May 19th 2011, 3:41 am
Home and Happy

yer a citizen now, so no deportation for you

right time to bugger off back to the flat, enjoy your environmentally friendly building
Oh I'm ok tonight, sat in the Mountain Bar feeding the possoms. Have finally stopped sneezing......36 hours after leaving work. 18 hours respite before i start again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.