Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:11 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are the Aussies fed up with Poms?

Originally Posted by kiwichild
NEWSFLASH: TRY TAKING THE PISS OUT OF AUSSIES: YOU WILL SOOON SEE THE CHILDISH BRAT FEELING DEEPLY WOUNDED APPEAR. ALSO AUSSIES DON"T KNOW WHEN TO STOP, THEY JUST KEEP ON GOING, AND WONDER WHY PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE IMMATURE ASSHOLES, LACKING SENSITIVITY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS, AT TIMES.

TRY ASKING ANY KIWI IN THIS COUNTRY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF SHIT THEY GET BUT THEY AUSSIES CAN'T TAKE (AND THEY SAY WE CAN'T TAKE A JOKE!!!)

I am an Aussie living in Scotland, I'm always getting the piss taken out of me here. I don't really care, I give it back to the buggers. I just take it as a bit of fun, helps the day go quicker. I also worked with a lot of Kiwi's when I was working in Oz, they were always taking the piss out of us Aussies. We just gave it back. But I'm an AUSTRALIAN IMMATURE ASSHOLE, I can't help it.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:12 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by BAY
But Labour in Australia is not politically the same as Labour in the UK. Labour in Australia is more like the Conservatives in the UK ? This is what I heard on the telly last week. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
I must admit that politics confuses me totally these days
All I know is that if one party says one thing the other will oppose it !

But yes, you may be right, I do recall thinking something similar myself at one stage.

But if Labor here is like the UK Conservatives, what are the Federal Liberals compared to ?

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:14 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

But yes, you may be right, I do recall thinking something similar myself at one stage.

But if Labor here is like the UK Conservatives, what are the Federal Liberals compared to ?
Inland revenue office
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:16 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BAY
But Labour in Australia is not politically the same as Labour in the UK. Labour in Australia is more like the Conservatives in the UK ? This is what I heard on the telly last week. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
'
The politicians here make Blair and Howard look great. The Liberals are the closest to the UK conservatives. The conservatives are using an Australian liberal as their campaign manager.

Labour here just takes more money from developers and is more reliant on union support.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:22 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Its not so much Labour in the UK that I really really dislike , its President Blair and the way he continually LIES and spins, how he continually fiddles figures , how he continually twists the meanings of things he says etc etc . How he says he won't put up tax and then introduces 66 new stealth taxes .

Ok I most countries have iffy politicians but no-one can be as bad as President Blair
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:29 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Ok I most countries have iffy politicians but no-one can be as bad as President Blair
Mugabe? Hussain? Ghadaffi? Milosevic?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:29 pm
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwichild
NEWSFLASH: TRY TAKING THE PISS OUT OF AUSSIES: YOU WILL SOOON SEE THE CHILDISH BRAT FEELING DEEPLY WOUNDED APPEAR. ALSO AUSSIES DON"T KNOW WHEN TO STOP, THEY JUST KEEP ON GOING, AND WONDER WHY PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE IMMATURE ASSHOLES, LACKING SENSITIVITY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS, AT TIMES.

TRY ASKING ANY KIWI IN THIS COUNTRY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF SHIT THEY GET BUT THEY AUSSIES CAN'T TAKE (AND THEY SAY WE CAN'T TAKE A JOKE!!!)
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by BAY
Its not so much Labour in the UK that I really really dislike , its President Blair and the way he continually LIES and spins, how he continually fiddles figures , how he continually twists the meanings of things he says etc etc . How he says he won't put up tax and then introduces 66 new stealth taxes .

So Australian politicians don't lie or use spin?

Have a read of this on how things work here

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...0-1242,00.html

THE New South Wales Liberal headquarters has received complaints that Lebanese recruits flashed guns at their opponents during a meeting to establish a new Sydney branch.

The Christian right recruited the Lebanese Catholics to help win control of preselections in several federal and state seats, according to reports. Several upper North Shore Liberal electorates are involved, including the federal seat of Berowra held by Attorney-General Philip Ruddock. The Liberal Party's disputes panel has received several complaints about the meeting on January 7 convened to discuss forming a Beaumont branch in Kellyville.

Police were called in to break up a fight between 100 right-wing recruits and a left-wing faction, the newspaper said.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:32 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
Mugabe? Hussain? Ghadaffi? Milosevic?

Well ok then but apart from Mugabe Hussain Ghadaffi Milosevic.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:36 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bondipom
So Australian politicians don't lie or use spin?

Have a read of this on how things work here

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...0-1242,00.html

THE New South Wales Liberal headquarters has received complaints that Lebanese recruits flashed guns at their opponents during a meeting to establish a new Sydney branch.

The Christian right recruited the Lebanese Catholics to help win control of preselections in several federal and state seats, according to reports. Several upper North Shore Liberal electorates are involved, including the federal seat of Berowra held by Attorney-General Philip Ruddock. The Liberal Party's disputes panel has received several complaints about the meeting on January 7 convened to discuss forming a Beaumont branch in Kellyville.

Police were called in to break up a fight between 100 right-wing recruits and a left-wing faction, the newspaper said.
I agree most politicians are iffy. However, I was talking about President Blair. You're not trying to defend Blair by saying 'So Australian politicians don't lie or use spin? ' are you ? because two wrongs don't make a right
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:41 pm
Badge

'
The politicians here make Blair and Howard look great. The Liberals are the closest to the UK conservatives. The conservatives are using an Australian liberal as their campaign manager.

Labour here just takes more money from developers and is more reliant on union support.
In all honesty, they are all as bad as each other.

I find Australian polly's speech easier on the ear, not quite so arrogant, but that's the only difference. I quite like Howard's style (I don't care for anybody's politics), he basically gives an answer any manager/leader/supervisor would give being asked ''bone'' questions ie.

"I don't know, do you really expect me to answer that/believe that/know that/I can't answer that/ we're playing a game where we all pretend to go through all the motions - you know that, I know that, just bugger off and leave me to run the country. You can do better, come back with a decent question next time."

You can almost hear him saying "Jeeze FFS" but he maintains his composure quite well I think.

A Pommy polly would get all agitated and just get louder and more obtuse.

Badge

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:41 pm
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

I was comparing the different attitudes in the work place. She'll be alright attitude compared to the can't be arsed English. Getting some people to finish a job is a pain in the proverbial. In my experience there is little difference on the procrastination front.
...we haven't blown any offshore platforms into the water yet
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:51 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wmoore
Same here. Not running from anything, don't think the UK is crap, pretty sure Oz isn't Utopia, just want to experience something else and I'm just pleased that (DIMIA-willing) I have the opportunity to do so. If I can't get away with life in Oz, hey-ho I'll come back to Britain with no regrets, or possibly go and experience life somewhere else.
Ya hit the nail on the head Wmoore
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:51 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Every State Government in Australia is currently a Labor Government !
true, but Blair can't quite make up his mind who he is in charge of - Labour or Troy ?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Soi Oz
...we haven't blown any offshore platforms into the water yet
Occidental was an unfortunate name for the company which did not have a safety first policy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.