Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:19 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
true, but Blair can't quite make up his mind who he is in charge of - Labour or Troy ?
That could be his Achilles heel

A.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:33 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are the Aussies fed up with Poms?

Originally Posted by bondipom
I remember there was a huge billboard ad for a courier company on the way to Auckland airport

It read

We take Australia Seriously

Well someone has to.
LOL..
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:37 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pako
New Zealand is that a little island to the east belonging to Australia?
NAH: You're thinking of Tasmania
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by BAY
But Labour in Australia is not politically the same as Labour in the UK. Labour in Australia is more like the Conservatives in the UK ? This is what I heard on the telly last week. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
LIBERAL PARTY = CONSERVATIVES HERE

That said, ALP(Australian Labor Party: No "U" in it) isn't that much better.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Every State Government in Australia is currently a Labor Government !
state govt only affects those in that state and premiers from same party still don't all follow same line. Federal gov is where the real issues lie and that's the bloody liberals. Wait till they get the senate in July, all the lower income in OZ will be screwed. Gimme Blair anyday.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:49 am
Banned

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
I am an Aussie living in Scotland, I'm always getting the piss taken out of me here. I don't really care, I give it back to the buggers. I just take it as a bit of fun, helps the day go quicker. I also worked with a lot of Kiwi's when I was working in Oz, they were always taking the piss out of us Aussies. We just gave it back. But I'm an AUSTRALIAN IMMATURE ASSHOLE, I can't help it.
LOL... Good Post Have some karma

BTW I don't object to a bit of piss taking but my experience has been aussies in general don't know when to stop, yet seem to get really offended when it's them on the receiving end. Maybe you are the exception...maybe I've just run into guys with the mentality of 10 yr olds...Typical
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Bordy
Well ok then but apart from Mugabe Hussain Ghadaffi Milosevic.
GEORGE WALKER BUSH
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kiwichild
state govt only affects those in that state and premiers from same party still don't all follow same line. Federal gov is where the real issues lie and that's the bloody liberals. Wait till they get the senate in July, all the lower income in OZ will be screwed. Gimme Blair anyday.
It depends on what you call the REAL issues.

A list of things run by the States would be good to see.

Stamp Duty and Hospitals can start the list of things that are State Controlled.

Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:05 am
Banned

It depends on what you call the REAL issues.

A list of things run by the States would be good to see.

Stamp Duty and Hospitals can start the list of things that are State Controlled.
Medicare is federal, I can't understand why health and education aren't also.
Infact I'd be in favour of getting rid of state govts altogether, but leaving the senate in place. Either that or leaving them just with what should be state matters and having core issues handled by feds, but with some safeguards set in place so that standard of living for middle and lower income people can't be eroded any further.

Proportional representation could also be a better model to work with than the current preferrential voting system.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:22 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Medicare is federal, I can't understand why health and education aren't also.
Infact I'd be in favour of getting rid of state govts altogether, but leaving the senate in place. Either that or leaving them just with what should be state matters and having core issues handled by feds, but with some safeguards set in place so that standard of living for middle and lower income people can't be eroded any further.

Proportional representation could also be a better model to work with than the current preferrential voting system.
Not ALL Health is State controlled.
Hospitals are State
GP's are Federal

I feel that if it was just one government then things would get done better, and faster, as less time and effort would be spent by the pollies fighting each other, just for the sake of objecting.

And again with Education: Federal government is more involved with Private Education, whereas the States control "State" schools.
So that's another for my list:
Stamp Duty, State School Education and Hospitals are State Controlled.

Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:29 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Look at post 170. Bay said he hated the Blair spin and lies. The spin and lies in politics happens everywhere and is a silly reason to be upping sticks. Frying pan to fire stuff.

People seem to think that because Blair is bad it will be roses with Australian politics. Same shit each side of the world.
Must have missed that bit too, never saw where he said that was the reason that he was emigrating or that he thought it would be roses with aussie politics .

Originally Posted by BAY
For those who say 'same shit, different country' I totally agree.
Seems you 2 agree after all .
Old Apr 19th 2005, 11:35 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

I feel that if it was just one government then things would get done better, and faster, as less time and effort would be spent by the pollies fighting each other, just for the sake of objecting.
Centralisation didn't work in the UK and did not make things more harmonious or work any faster. Although the decentralisation (devolution) started in '97 has its problems, personally, it did seem to be working better.

Regards
Alistair

Last edited by kirsty&al; Apr 19th 2005 at 11:37 am.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:04 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Centralisation didn't work in the UK and did not make things more harmonious or work any faster. Although the decentralisation (devolution) started in '97 has its problems, personally, it did seem to be working better.

Regards
Alistair
Unfortunately that's the problem with politics, there is no answer!

Everyone wants as much as possible, but wants to pay as least as possible for it, and then complain that the people in charge can't give them the impossible.

I saw Peter Costello on TV last night. He answered loads of questions extremely well, and all very calmly, without actually giving an answer on anything

Anyway, back to the original point As BAY said; "all politicians are iffy"

Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:08 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Bring back Bob Hawke!
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hospitals are State
GP's are Federal

And again with Education: Federal government is more involved with Private Education, whereas the States control "State" schools.
So that's another for my list:
Stamp Duty, State School Education and Hospitals are State Controlled.
And to confuse matters the states have to negotiate money off the federal government. The federal government will try to impose its own will on the states via this.

Industrial relations is one of the current state federal battles going on. There are laws that are both state and federal. It will be interesting seeing how the labour union backed states handle this with the proposed liberal legislation. Beattie (QLD) and Carr(NSW) have both said no way.

What is infuriating is that when anything goes wrong state and federal governments blame each and neither seem to want to fix the situation.

I feel sorry for small business that operates across states and has to deal with even more state level red tape.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.