Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:07 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are the Aussies fed up with Poms?

Originally Posted by tractor boy
Its the same in the building game, the sites are full of them, and uk tradesmen can't get work.

I TELL YOU A FUSE IS GOING TO BLOW SOON AS ANYONE LEFT IS HEADING FOR POVERTY!!!!!!
LOL at this end of the country there is a real shortage in tradesmen my other half and the builders, plumbers, electricians he often works with havent enough hours in the day to fit in all the work offers.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:11 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by Badge
In all honesty, they are all as bad as each other.

I find Australian polly's speech easier on the ear, not quite so arrogant, but that's the only difference. I quite like Howard's style (I don't care for anybody's politics), he basically gives an answer any manager/leader/supervisor would give being asked ''bone'' questions ie.

"I don't know, do you really expect me to answer that/believe that/know that/I can't answer that/ we're playing a game where we all pretend to go through all the motions - you know that, I know that, just bugger off and leave me to run the country. You can do better, come back with a decent question next time."

You can almost hear him saying "Jeeze FFS" but he maintains his composure quite well I think.

A Pommy polly would get all agitated and just get louder and more obtuse.

Badge
WTF Australian pollys not obtuse and loud!!!!!!!!! They are some of rudest most childish insulters I have ever heard. I remember Howard blowing his top at some of Germaine Greers descriptions of Australia. He is also declared himself regional sherrif so theres the arrogance. Hardly a way of handling diplomacy with the neighbours. Howard also blames everyone else for anything and takes no responsibility. Hardly a role model or someone in charge.

The tories can sound very aloof.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:52 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
So Australian politicians don't lie or use spin?
I must have missed something - where did anyone say that??
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I must have missed something - where did anyone say that??
Would you migrate to Australia to get away from lying spin doctors and politicians? There are legit reasons to come here but the lovely pollys aren't one of them.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 10:24 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Would you migrate to Australia to get away from lying spin doctors and politicians? There are legit reasons to come here but the lovely pollys aren't one of them.
Thats NOT what he said. He said he hated Blair.

If I said I hated Howard & the way he lies & cheats etc would you make a sarcastic comment & tell me how bad Blair is?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:16 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

His smile used to blair - whatever have you grumpy gits done to the poor lad?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:26 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
Ok I most countries have iffy politicians but no-one can be as bad as President Blair
So ..... are you too young to remember Maggie Thatcher?

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:30 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DagBoy

Cheers,

DagBoy
Now she knew how to handle a hand-bag.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

You can can get money for nothing here.

Giving it a go because you can is probably the best reason for coming. There is a lot to be experienced. A lot of people seem to make up excuses to justify their migration. A lot of these reasons strike me as jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Yes, I think it will be a wonderful experience for the whole family. If it doesn't work out, then so be it, but at least we would have tried.

People have pointed out in the past that those of us who are applying for migration to Aus all seem to think that the grass is always greener on the other side. But the thing is, unless you try it, you don't know. And what's right for one is not necessarily right for the other.

I have lived in South Africa twice. Went there, came back to UK, didn't like it and went back again and then came back again to UK . My mum couldn't settle. Now she is back in the UK (and unhappy). From experience I know that everywhere is different. I am glad that I have had the opportunity to live there in the past but it is certainly not somewhere that I would like to be now.

Theresa
Old Apr 19th 2005, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

sackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant futuresackofspuds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hooperhome
I have lived in South Africa twice ... I am glad that I have had the opportunity to live there in the past but it is certainly not somewhere that I would like to be now.
Yup, it went to the dogs after they let out that Nelson Mandela chap, eh? Let's hear it for the good old days with dear old FW de Klerk Pity his National Party just disbanded - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4429307.stm
Old Apr 19th 2005, 6:24 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DagBoy

Cheers,

DagBoy
Totally agree.

G
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:07 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sackofspuds
Yup, it went to the dogs after they let out that Nelson Mandela chap, eh? Let's hear it for the good old days with dear old FW de Klerk Pity his National Party just disbanded - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4429307.stm
eh? I don`t think they mentioned anything remotely racist in the post. I think you`re way off with a comment like that.

You really have to live somewhere to get an idea of what it`s like, is what the point is.

I lived in S.A. for 6 years, pre letting Mandela (terrorist) out. I also wouldn`t like to live there again, apartheid or no apartheid.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Thats NOT what he said. He said he hated Blair.

If I said I hated Howard & the way he lies & cheats etc would you make a sarcastic comment & tell me how bad Blair is?
Look at post 170. Bay said he hated the Blair spin and lies. The spin and lies in politics happens everywhere and is a silly reason to be upping sticks. Frying pan to fire stuff.

People seem to think that because Blair is bad it will be roses with Australian politics. Same shit each side of the world.
Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:10 am
Badge

WTF Australian pollys not obtuse and loud!!!!!!!!! They are some of rudest most childish insulters I have ever heard. I remember Howard blowing his top at some of Germaine Greers descriptions of Australia. He is also declared himself regional sherrif so theres the arrogance. Hardly a way of handling diplomacy with the neighbours. Howard also blames everyone else for anything and takes no responsibility. Hardly a role model or someone in charge.

The tories can sound very aloof.
calm donwn mate. They insult but at least they are funny, they don't sound pompous.

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Badge
calm donwn mate. They insult but at least they are funny, they don't sound pompous.
They certainly don't sound pompous when compared to UK politicians. Some can be funny but most are petty and childish and can be very obtuse. At worst they are drunk and lecherous. NSW parliament recently refused to pass a motion asking for sobriety in parliament after a female MP had been groped by a pissed colleague.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.