Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:25 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by bondipom
For that you have to have Howard and Tony Abbot as well.
So long as we get some sunny days........
Old Apr 19th 2005, 9:34 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
That's what I love about you Aussies - "pollies" ?? I've been reading this, and Pollies has been going right over my head, now the pennies dropped and I'm laughing my head off.
Does this mean I am an Aussie now ? (But I still won't say "vegies")

Old Apr 19th 2005, 10:09 pm
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Medicare is federal, I can't understand why health and education aren't also.
Infact I'd be in favour of getting rid of state govts altogether, but leaving the senate in place.
Agreed - two levels of goverment - local and federal. Having said that, I cringe at the thought of my local councillors having more power....
:scared:
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:23 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Re: Are the Aussies fed up with Poms?

Originally Posted by Badge

Your last statement is extremely sweeping Janeyray. :scared: I don't know what to say(!)

Badge you ALWAYS have something to say It was only a jokey sort of reply really.

No one can say that a certain nationality hates another, that would be silly. I have friends all over in different parts of the world and we all get on. It all boils down to the person, not where there from.

One thing I will say though is that the Scottish bloke we met whilst in OZ, hated everything about the Brits when it came to the football !!!! lol
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:28 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
This quote made me think a bit, especially as I never did own any running trainers, but now do, and even a bike

I must be one of the really lucky ones
Good on yeh, we bought bikes whilst we were there so that was new for us too. Although tucked up in the garage now waiting for the Brisith summer.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 6:37 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
Good on yeh, we bought bikes whilst we were there so that was new for us too. Although tucked up in the garage now waiting for the Brisith summer.
what all 3 and a half days of it ?
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:07 am
home again, home again

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
what all 3 and a half days of it ?

The British weather suits me really. After living and working (with 20 billion flies) in Perth during their summer give me a British summer (3 days actually! lol) anyday with a holiday abroad thrown in.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 9:25 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
So long as we get some sunny days........
The other day was beautiful and if it was still like that I would have to have given you Mark Latham and Kim Beazley as well. A bit rainy now though.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

The British weather suits me really. After living and working (with 20 billion flies) in Perth during their summer give me a British summer (3 days actually! lol) anyday with a holiday abroad thrown in.
Yup you picked the wrong State to live in. I've lived in most states in Australia and Perth really stands out to me that it was the only one that I think of Flies, I even swallowed a couple there LOL. You probably would have been better in NSW or Victoria.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:21 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Are the Aussies fed up with Poms?

One thing I will say though is that the Scottish bloke we met whilst in OZ, hated everything about the Brits when it came to the football !!!! lol
Was this some sort of self loathing thing

A.

Last edited by kirsty&al; Apr 20th 2005 at 10:39 am.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:16 am
aussie73

Originally Posted by Mercedes
Yup you picked the wrong State to live in. I've lived in most states in Australia and Perth really stands out to me that it was the only one that I think of Flies, I even swallowed a couple there LOL. You probably would have been better in NSW or Victoria.
l agree if you prefer a cooler climate try NSW or VIC, TAS not Perth. Regarding flies if you are working outdoors during summer in a fly infested area, in my experience the thing that works best is one of these fly net hats which you can get at camping/ outdoors shops.
Attached Thumbnails fed up with uk-hatnetnosun.gif  

Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:40 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, Janeyray chose the wrong suburb mostly, imo. Ellenbrook is inland. It is hotter than the coast(a bit), and there are more flys. We have only had a few days we were bothered by flys this summer, and never really around our house. (when we went to Whiteman Park we noticed them all of a sudden, and that is sort of near Ellenbrook).
Also, other things Janeyray had trouble with, like jobs, I would also associate with living so far out. I'm not sure if Janeyray applied for jobs in the city(which is where a large % of the jobs are), and is quite far away from Ellenbrook to commute. Also, there's less to do out there, which I guess can make it more isolated...
Anyway, just thinking out loud here.
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:52 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Simone
Ellenbrook is inland. It is hotter than the coast(a bit), and there are more flys. We have only had a few days we were bothered by flys this summer, and never really around our house.
I've been wondering about the comments about flies, especially as we get so few ourselves, in SE QLD, (but I saw one last week). Is it an inland thing, rather than near the coast ?

I suppose we do get them, but not in the way that I hear people saying that they fly around the face etc. I suppose that must be in the hot dry conditions, where they are after the only water around, which would be the sweat from the body.

Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:34 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes

I live in rural VIC and there are many many flies about, year round but it is a lot worse in warmer weather. If you are in the bigger cities e.g. melbourne or geelong the fly situation may be less but definitely not out here in the country. we also have year round mozzies too. V. annoying, especially out on the golf course or race track.

NJJ
Old Apr 20th 2005, 1:43 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I've been wondering about the comments about flies, especially as we get so few ourselves, in SE QLD, (but I saw one last week). Is it an inland thing, rather than near the coast ?

I suppose we do get them, but not in the way that I hear people saying that they fly around the face etc. I suppose that must be in the hot dry conditions, where they are after the only water around, which would be the sweat from the body.
I don't think it is just an inland thing. When I used to live in Newcastle, anyone down there will know "Blacksmiths breakwall" next to Swansea . Certain times of the year , you could walk along there and be covered in flies - on your back , around your face, in your ears, in your mouth, millions of the things - didn't happen very often, but it happened now and again. maybe it was the direction of the wind - hot winds coming from inland farming maybe.

One of my friends has an acerage up in Morayfield/caboolture way ( a bit of a farming, and "horsey" place), and lives next to a body of water ( a creek) - in the summer he's inundated with flies.

Could be down to farming one of the reasons - don't know.

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 20th 2005 at 1:48 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.