Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fed up with uk

Life is life with all it's twists and turns and ups and downs wherever you may be. You can either spend your life worrying about whats better or worse here or there or get on with it and enjoy yourself!! Ups and downs happen everywhere - follow your heart and make the best of what you've got or make a choice to move and make the best of whats there!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:52 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Agreed, I must admit there would be some British people that are always complaining that I wouldn't fancy living next door to
That's why it's good to buy a big plot of land ,like ours I'm Ok I only have whinging Aussie from hell as my nearest neighbour to me, no Poms from hell thank gawd - ah but fair do's my nearest neighbour is good. puts up a lot from the Welsh people from hell ( landscaping mess which "bounders" her boundary) - then again I tolerate that she lets her cats run over our land.

Last edited by Ceri; Apr 18th 2005 at 4:57 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 4:56 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are the Aussies fed up with Poms?

Originally Posted by kiwichild
NEWSFLASH: TRY TAKING THE PISS OUT OF AUSSIES: YOU WILL SOOON SEE THE CHILDISH BRAT FEELING DEEPLY WOUNDED APPEAR. ALSO AUSSIES DON"T KNOW WHEN TO STOP, THEY JUST KEEP ON GOING, AND WONDER WHY PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE IMMATURE ASSHOLES, LACKING SENSITIVITY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS, AT TIMES.

TRY ASKING ANY KIWI IN THIS COUNTRY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF SHIT THEY GET BUT THEY AUSSIES CAN'T TAKE (AND THEY SAY WE CAN'T TAKE A JOKE!!!)
I remember there was a huge billboard ad for a courier company on the way to Auckland airport

It read

We take Australia Seriously

Well someone has to.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

tractor boy will become famous soon enoughtractor boy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Merlot
I ain't going to agree or disagree with what you are saying, seen too many "hot" potatoes on this Forum of late They usually end up with too many handbags getting tossed around

What I am wondering is how the average Aussie feels about the up turn in those from the UK coming over to their shores? Has anyone got any insight?

As it has been said before we are immigrants to Oz (though like me many are naturalised Australians).

Any thoughts on that one?

M
I leave thursday for Brisbane and I cant agree more with both of you, If you work in london, we have more than our fair share of Ozzies and kiwis over here keeping the balance right and we dont complain.
But in the last year we have been overrun with poles and other east europeans working for half the going rate for the job, Agency staff we use have had only half the work they did last year because of this, and they are not happy, Its the same in the building game, the sites are full of them, and uk tradesmen can't get work. They also get coarses paid by the goverment, as usual everything handed on a plate, us we get Jack **** and larger council tax bills to pay for assisted housing etc.
I TELL YOU A FUSE IS GOING TO BLOW SOON AS ANYONE LEFT IS HEADING FOR POVERTY!!!!!!
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Originally Posted by bondipom
They call the layabouts bludgers here. Plenty of them as well. I have never claimed benefits anywhere so can't compare the 2 countries generosity however Australians comlain about the same. Same crap here for the easy ride.

What do you intend on doing for a living that will make your life easier?
Do they have the same kind of system as over here in UK then?

Life will be easier in that hubby will work for someone else, life over here running our own business has been more stressful than expected and more time consuming. We are missing out on the children.

Yes, we could pack up over here and work for somebody else. But there are other attractions in Aus. Mostly the weather, fantastic beaches and a more laid back approach to life. An opportunity has arisen and we feel we would be mad not to grab it.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

pako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nicepako is just really nice

Originally Posted by kiwichild
NEWSFLASH: TRY TAKING THE PISS OUT OF AUSSIES: YOU WILL SOOON SEE THE CHILDISH BRAT FEELING DEEPLY WOUNDED APPEAR. ALSO AUSSIES DON"T KNOW WHEN TO STOP, THEY JUST KEEP ON GOING, AND WONDER WHY PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE IMMATURE ASSHOLES, LACKING SENSITIVITY AND RESPECT FOR OTHERS, AT TIMES.

TRY ASKING ANY KIWI IN THIS COUNTRY ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF SHIT THEY GET BUT THEY AUSSIES CAN'T TAKE (AND THEY SAY WE CAN'T TAKE A JOKE!!!)

New Zealand is that a little island to the east belonging to Australia?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by hooperhome
Do they have the same kind of system as over here in UK then?

Life will be easier in that hubby will work for someone else, life over here running our own business has been more stressful than expected and more time consuming. We are missing out on the children.

Yes, we could pack up over here and work for somebody else. But there are other attractions in Aus. Mostly the weather, fantastic beaches and a more laid back approach to life. An opportunity has arisen and we feel we would be mad not to grab it.
You can can get money for nothing here.

Giving it a go because you can is probably the best reason for coming. There is a lot to be experienced. A lot of people seem to make up excuses to justify their migration. A lot of these reasons strike me as jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by tractor boy
I leave thursday for Brisbane and I cant agree more with both of you, If you work in london, we have more than our fair share of Ozzies and kiwis over here keeping the balance right and we dont complain.
But in the last year we have been overrun with poles and other east europeans working for half the going rate for the job, Agency staff we use have had only half the work they did last year because of this, and they are not happy, Its the same in the building game, the sites are full of them, and uk tradesmen can't get work. They also get coarses paid by the goverment, as usual everything handed on a plate, us we get Jack **** and larger council tax bills to pay for assisted housing etc.
I TELL YOU A FUSE IS GOING TO BLOW SOON AS ANYONE LEFT IS HEADING FOR POVERTY!!!!!!
Is this the same housing market that has gone into decline so it is blame the immigrant again?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:45 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ceri
People are people they blame everyone except themselves for their lives.
Yep. It's just easier that way isn't it?

Use the time waiting for your visa to have a look at yourself. Maybe not all your problems are caused by Tony Blair or 'immigrants'.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:49 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Giving it a go because you can is probably the best reason for coming. There is a lot to be experienced. A lot of people seem to make up excuses to justify their migration. A lot of these reasons strike me as jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Agreed. I remember reading a quote on this board just after I signed up. I can't remember who wrote it but I liked it and have used it myself since.

When asked "Why do / did you want to pack it all up and move to Australia?", he / she replied "Because I can!".
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:54 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

For those who say 'same shit, different country' I totally agree.

HOWEVER, Australia doesn't have President Blair

Can you imagine what the UK will be like if Labour win the election. If you think the UK is bad now imagine what it will be like after another 4 years of Labour. I hate to think
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by BAY

Can you imagine what the UK will be like if Labour win the election. If you think the UK is bad now imagine what it will be like after another 4 years of Labour. I hate to think
We have a lying, corrupt knobhead instead.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Un-Co
Life is life with all it's twists and turns and ups and downs wherever you may be. You can either spend your life worrying about whats better or worse here or there or get on with it and enjoy yourself!! Ups and downs happen everywhere - follow your heart and make the best of what you've got or make a choice to move and make the best of whats there!
Have to say, most insightful remark on here. Well said, sending you karma.
Tracey.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:03 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by BAY

Every State Government in Australia is currently a Labor Government !

Old Apr 18th 2005, 8:07 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Every State Government in Australia is currently a Labor Government !
But Labour in Australia is not politically the same as Labour in the UK. Labour in Australia is more like the Conservatives in the UK ? This is what I heard on the telly last week. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.