Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:24 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bothered Australian

Originally Posted by tonyk38
I despise racism too, but it is simply not fair to give preference to one country or region for immigrants in the vain hope that that will avoid racists coming to Aus. There are 60 million people in the UK and if you were prepared to be more open-minded then you would know that we are not all the same. Your views hint at xenophobia towards the English or the British. I love this country and I am certain that it is no more racist than Aus or anywhere else.

You simply can't make meaningful comparisons between different Asian countries. They are culturally extremely heterogeneous and utterly different from one another.
Hi Tony,

Hows Cas doing?

Donna.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Hi Tony,

Hows Cas doing?

Donna.
Hi Donna,

I've been on nights all this week so I'm a bit out of the loop, but I spoke to Cas yesterday and as you might know she has had to do her meds for the third time! Unbelievable.....

She will get the visa before we go, I'm certain of that, but she's been very low this week and with good reason. DIMIA have messed her around no end. I sometimes wonder if Aus actually wants nurses if they are forced to go through this......
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:34 pm
heraldic

Your views hint at xenophobia towards the English or the British
You miss the point-firstly as one of english extraction married to an english wife-saying I am xenophobic is trivialising the concept of xenophobia.

Again i say-i never said all English are racist ON THE WHOLE I THINK THE ENGLISH ARE A LITTLE LESS RACIST THAN AUSTRALIANS.

I SAID A CERTAIN TYPE OF RACIST ENGLISH ARE ATTRACTED TO OZ-they think its the last white-mans paradise.

It was a white-mans paradise, thankfully it is in the process of change in this respect- i would like to see this change continue. every English immigrant that comes searching for the BNP dream, in a little way contributes to dragging Australia back to its past.

there are many good reasons for coming to Oz-its big, fresh and on the up and up-my attack is on ONLY those that come for SHIT reasons.

reading this website confirms what i already suspected- there are many of them-i would rather they stay home! Not all english immigrants.

i am aware different Asians exist- been there many times.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:42 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heraldic
You miss the point-firstly as one of english extraction married to an english wife-saying I am xenophobic is trivialising the concept of xenophobia.

Again i say-i never said all English are racist ON THE WHOLE I THINK THE ENGLISH ARE A LITTLE LESS RACIST THAN AUSTRALIANS.

I SAID A CERTAIN TYPE OF RACIST ENGLISH ARE ATTRACTED TO OZ-they think its the last white-mans paradise.

It was a white-mans paradise, thankfully it is in the process of change in this respect- i would like to see this change continue. every English immigrant that comes searching for the BNP dream, in a little way contributes to dragging Australia back to its past.

there are many good reasons for coming to Oz-its big, fresh and on the up and up-my attack is on ONLY those that come for SHIT reasons.

reading this website confirms what i already suspected- there are many of them-i would rather they stay home! Not all english immigrants.

i am aware different Asians exist- been there many times.
Then why didn't you make this clear at the beginning? You have been asked to clarify your point and it has taken a number of pages for you to do so. You cannot reasonably expect those of us going for other reasons not to be offended by your original points, because you were coming across as ranting instead of making a clear and valid point!

And you still haven't answered my question as to what makes me boring!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:53 pm
heraldic

I order to argue a point one must make some generalisations-its a sign of stupidity to argue my merely continuously forcing a person to qualify these comments.
Again-i never said the English are boring- I said many (but not all) that express a desire to move to Oz are.
these people are attracted to the boring culturally dead side of Oz-i like many Australians that remember the 50's would rather this side diminish-and would rather those that contribute to this side not come.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:57 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

....I've gotta point this out. Why are there no black people in Australia (and yes I'm not referring to Aborigines)?

Australia may have imported immigrants from various nations but Australia's view of multiculturalism is totally different to mine. There are so few people of African/ Caribean origin.

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 9:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Heraldic

Whoever you are.

If you are a Troll then at least you are persistant

I can agree with some things you say and, to be honest, some of your points have cropped up in various guises for a long while.

However these are sensitive issues and will never be discussed rationally if you start off by winding people up and giving them a reason to dismiss you out of hand.

Not all people on this site are the same and generalising does not help.

Alas I fear that the main points you are alluding to will never find favour here.

C'est la vie

G
Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:03 pm
Account Closed

I order to argue a point one must make some generalisations-its a sign of stupidity to argue my merely continuously forcing a person to qualify these comments.
Again-i never said the English are boring- I said many (but not all) that express a desire to move to Oz are.
these people are attracted to the boring culturally dead side of Oz-i like many Australians that remember the 50's would rather this side diminish-and would rather those that contribute to this side not come.
You are using English and British interchangeably. Not a good idea....

Btw, I've just come back from a chrimbo gathering in my little English village where I was able to have a good chat with two good Aussie mates who live in the village. They don't have hang ups about the UK or Aus and have a realistic outlook of both countries. What a shame you can't just take the good with the bad and accept that there are bad apples in every cart.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:07 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Hi Donna,

I've been on nights all this week so I'm a bit out of the loop, but I spoke to Cas yesterday and as you might know she has had to do her meds for the third time! Unbelievable.....

She will get the visa before we go, I'm certain of that, but she's been very low this week and with good reason. DIMIA have messed her around no end. I sometimes wonder if Aus actually wants nurses if they are forced to go through this......

Ive never seen anything like it Tony, an ive been on this forum for a year just about,Cas has been put through the mill a bit & its very hard to keep going-but she will get her visa, im sure of that,
Next week will bring some good news & you,ll appreciate it so much more(honestly)we had such a tough year & it was so cruel at the last minute when the visa was in our reach,they dangled it all weekend & on the Sunday night "we got it"!
Its so horrible when your future is in someone elses hands,you feel so helpless.
Theres no reason Cas "WONT" get her visa, & it will be soon,chin up Cas,thinking of you & know how your feelin,hunny x keep it together just a wee while longer x x

Donna. x
Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:12 pm
heraldic

the problem with this point i am making is made apparent by the comment by a poster regarding Australia giving people a dullness test- obviously there is no reasonable way of actually doing this.
my point comes from years of working in Australian companies with mixed australian and english employees and seeing the way the english employees would kind of exclude ethnic australians and include anglo-Australians and constantly make comments binding the two groups -like talk about surnames and clans, crests. Aussies , being Aussies didnt really care -thinking about their next root and beer -would go with the flow-basically couldnt give a rats about their family-crest. The English however had agendas- they would make the ethnics feel outsiders in this world of Anglo-saxon solidarity, while displaying their warm affections for any anglo-aussie around-they would cold-shoulder ethnics. when i came to the UK i realised these people were kind of conning us Aussies-i saw the council estates they crawled out of etc.-i saw England didnt really love them too much. I realised like many its time for Australia to move beyond this.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:21 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by diddy
....I've gotta point this out. Why are there no black people in Australia (and yes I'm not referring to Aborigines)?

Australia may have imported immigrants from various nations but Australia's view of multiculturalism is totally different to mine. There are so few people of African/ Caribean origin.

Paul.
Perhaps they don't like non-Africans? Perhaps they can not make the cut?

Speaking to a lady from Sudan just the other day and that from my hide-out.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:30 pm
Account Closed

the problem with this point i am making is made apparent by the comment by a poster regarding Australia giving people a dullness test- obviously there is no reasonable way of actually doing this.
my point comes from years of working in Australian companies with mixed australian and english employees and seeing the way the english employees would kind of exclude ethnic australians and include anglo-Australians and constantly make comments binding the two groups -like talk about surnames and clans, crests. Aussies , being Aussies didnt really care -thinking about their next root and beer -would go with the flow-basically couldnt give a rats about their family-crest. The English however had agendas- they would make the ethnics feel outsiders in this world of Anglo-saxon solidarity, while displaying their warm affections for any anglo-aussie around-they would cold-shoulder ethnics. when i came to the UK i realised these people were kind of conning us Aussies-i saw the council estates they crawled out of etc.-i saw England didnt really love them too much. I realised like many its time for Australia to move beyond this.
In the time I was in Aus I met many pommie expats, and saw what a mixed bunch they were. Some were old bigots and some were chilled and easy-going. Either way, I never saw any mention of family crests...

In other words, they were as varied as born and bred Aussies or any other group for that matter.

I honesty belief that 'the English' are seen as a legitimate target by some, because of Empire or whatever. Well, fwiw, both my grandfathers were members of the IRA during the war for independence. As soon as Ireland became a Free State, they disbanded, job done, and got on with their lives. The vast majority of Irish people bear no grudge towards the English because of this because they've 'moved on'. You expect Aus to move on with regards to immigration, and yet you haven't moved on yourself. There is nothing especialy racist about English or British expats compared to any other group or nation. Giving preferential immigration to Asians won't change this.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:30 pm

Your not being fair! these are your views "only" Im not English Or Ozzie but still dont like what your posting,yeh..different view but each to there own.

Donna.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:35 pm
heraldic

Why no africans in Oz

a-No Australian colonies in Africa
b-Racism. Deliberately excluding them- this is in fact changing now.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 10:38 pm

Why no africans in Oz

a-No Australian colonies in Africa
b-Racism. Deliberately excluding them- this is in fact changing now.

Nonsense !! as i said your view only.

Donna.
Ps..goodluck to ya !!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.