Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:45 pm
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs down Re: Bothered Australian

Originally Posted by heraldic
But alas your English - that visa is yours by right!

dont worry i'm getting off (for good) soon.

This ignoramus obviously has a VERY large chip on the shoulder. His ignorance of people, culture and Australia generally is coming out by the bucket-load, as evidenced by the above comment and many others like it.

Good riddance, I say. Oh, and don't bother coming back to Australia; you won't fit in any more (unless you continue to hang around with the minority populus of similar ilk who all have their heads firmly stuck in the sand.)

Go and do some real research and get your facts straight.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:54 pm
heraldic

Default Re: Bothered Australian

Look i'm hardly anti-English, i left Oz because i felt it was the emptiest, most superficial, completely uninteresting place on earth, I didnt like Barbies or the beach(or at least not that much) or endless humid days.
I laugh when i read of people that have gone there and after the novelty wears off-the weather and beach-they start seeing the place for what it is-and then are reassured by others that they should give it more time.
If they think like that so early in the piece...they arent going to find some added dimension down the track-believe me.
Search under the superficial nature of oz and all you will find is more superficiality.
Australia is for some and not others. Australia will invariably appeal to the less intelligent in brittain.
only a philistine would not appreciate Europe and think the answer lies in perth the most isolated history-less atmosphere-less place on the planet.
...or brisbane.
dont you wonder when after a year or so in the place the only conversation you have had are
1.australia the best country on earth
2.football
3.property
Any attempt to have an intellectual conversation is treated almost with agression or a glazed look.
I grew up in an "establishment" background, private school in sydney-i know the place well-i didnt just spend a year in perth.
yet i must go back and i wonder what Australia might do about become a more interesting place- again we should look at the people attracted to this place and as mike stanton said ask why-and i do think Oz has potential-and economically its as good as any place in the world.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:05 pm
heraldic

This ignoramus obviously has a VERY large chip on the shoulder. His ignorance of people, culture and Australia generally is coming out by the bucket-load, as evidenced by the above comment and many others like it.
I was in fact a director of a very well known Australian listed company for 12 years- i lived in the best part of town (the east).
I moved here to take the same post in the UK office

My writing sucks as a I havent written anything without a dictaphone for 16 years. And i am a graduate (honours) of Sydney Uni.
i dont claim to be an expert on Oz , but i know it well enough. Throw at me any trivia re Sydney.
I'm not from the back of bourke.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:15 pm
heraldic

in fact some of the posters would be far better of listening to someone like me-who actually does know Australia-rather than someone who just bought a fibro in the back of brisbane -and thinks theyve worked it all out. i might not come off as very Aussie- I grew up in Mosman.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:25 pm
heraldic

I keep being told i have a chip on my shoulder.....i did title the thread "Bothered Australian"

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:26 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

in fact some of the posters would be far better of listening to someone like me-who actually does know Australia-rather than someone who just bought a fibro in the back of brisbane -and thinks theyve worked it all out. i might not come off as very Aussie- I grew up in Mosman.
Most here are trying to escape the hussle and bussle of the city and want a bigger house for less money. That rules out Sydney, especially Mosman, unless they do not mind a commute from out west.

Whether they find that more relaxed lifestyle is another matter.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:45 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

We are going to Brissy-regardless of what you or anyone else has to say,we will find out in time,
an if we dont like it we will move on,maybe even come back here,but end of day -our choice -regardless of what kak you produce.

Donna.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:46 pm
heraldic

My prediction for Australia.
At some point in the next twenty years the "populate or perish" advocates and big-business will get the upper hand politically.
the current obsession with keeping people out will wane. This tradition, according to my theory, influenced by the type of pomms wafting into the place over the last fifty years.
Austrlalians will continue cramming in to specific key areas.
One thing that disrupts many peoples dreams of a relaxed lifestyle is the fact that so many people come to Oz to chase the dollar.
The emerging "Brash" culture of places like Sydney will amplify- multiculturalism will amplify and sooner or later people will get the message that Australia isnt the place to come to for cheap housing and a relaxed lifestyle and no ethnics. Australia will be for serious immigrants.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:53 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Ok,am not gonna put ma life on hold for what "might"happen day 2 day.

Grab each day & enjoy what you have-simple as

End of

Donna.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:19 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

I was in fact a director of a very well known Australian listed company for 12 years- i lived in the best part of town (the east).
I moved here to take the same post in the UK office

My writing sucks as a I havent written anything without a dictaphone for 16 years. And i am a graduate (honours) of Sydney Uni.
i dont claim to be an expert on Oz , but i know it well enough. Throw at me any trivia re Sydney.
I'm not from the back of bourke.
So western civilization city slicker flotsum with head up bum.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:36 pm
heraldic

thanks

Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:48 pm
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough

thanks
No prob. Just part of my duty of care.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:48 pm
heraldic

..for your kind words

Old Dec 18th 2004, 8:40 pm
heraldic

and thoughts

Old Dec 18th 2004, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Ansy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm American and I have to agree with you on one point, Heraldic, I have noticed from my experiences here in Oz, that a lot of English individuals like complaining a lot about Oz and making comparisons. Sometimes, I wonder,"Why stay in Oz if you don't enjoy it?"

I, personally, love Oz. You have to take the good with the bad. I think there are very many good things and I love Oz as much as my homeland!

Last edited by Ansy; Dec 19th 2004 at 12:04 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.