Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:36 pm
heraldic

Default Re: Bothered Australian

well said ansy

Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:50 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Ansy
I'm American and I have to agree with you on one point, Heraldic, I have noticed from my experiences here in Oz, that a lot of English individuals like complaining a lot about Oz and making comparisons. Sometimes, I wonder,"Why stay in Oz if you don't enjoy it?"

I, personally, love Oz. You have to take the good with the bad. I think there are very many good things and I love Oz as much as my homeland!
l agree, whinging Poms should be deported. l don't understand why whinging Poms like Heraldick and Stanton still whinge about OZ even though they no longer live here. Your no longer in OZ your back in your green and pleasant
land or paradise called the Uk so why are you spending so much time slagging off OZ, should'nt you be too busy, living in what you called an exciting country compared to boring OZ. If the UK is so fantastic why did you leave it in the first place to come to OZ.

Last edited by wombat42; Dec 20th 2004 at 9:55 pm.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:53 pm
heraldic

I'm australian and one of a million who nhave chosen not to live there(although i am coming back)

Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:57 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by heraldic
I'm australian and one of a million who nhave chosen not to live there(although i am coming back)
Heraldick, did you realise that 50% of Britains want to immigrate from Britain and the most popular destination is OZ, while only 12% of Australians want to leave their country.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:04 pm
heraldic

Wombat -your obviously not much smarter than the marsupial that shares your name. (i hope your bathroom habits are more refined and your front doorstep isnt graced with a pile of sh-t).
You called them WHINGEING. That means that if you do any survey their answer will be the one with the most whinge effect. For instance....
1. In your eyes is the UK going down the drain
2. Arer criminals taking over the UK
3. Are family values becoming less important to society
4.Do the young face a more uncertain future than you did
These are false surveys where the question is rigged to get an answer that suits a newspaper article.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

It isnt racist or stereotyping to suggest that a certain type of English are attracted to Australia. I am not suggesting all English are of this type.
These people are attracted to Oz to re-discover something old not find something new.
i dont dislike these people-but i do feel a tad sorry for them-trying to run away from change.
Anyone that has met English ex-pats in perth or adelaide would agree that many of them fit into this mold.
witness the large number of expat english active in the preserve-the-monarchy movement or One nation or the league of rights etc.
I agree there people out here who have a racist attitude, but let me say many of the 20-something expats i know out here are very well travelled and not racist...in fact travelling so much has taught them respect for other cultures. I listen to my australian mother-in-law being racist about the asian immigrants everyday.

heraldic you can point the finger at the racist english coming over here (they are tossers for sure) but dont forget the racism that exists in white australians against the chinese etc and middle eastern races.

I'd like to make a point though....i think this country is changing due to varied culture immigration and very quickly....anyone coming here expecting it not to be a melting pot of cultures is an idiot.

I reckon China is going to be the next world leader in business and commerce so that Australia will become even more asian...bring it on and watch those racists suffer!!!!!

Last edited by wombatboy; Dec 20th 2004 at 10:40 pm.
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:40 pm
heraldic

bring it on and watch those racists suffer
We sure agree on that

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:41 pm
heraldic

the Chinese sure made parramata a livlier place huh

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:43 pm
heraldic

You hear people saying Syd is lousy or a wasteland beyond the harbour...I reckon the west is a lot of fun. Have you been to lakemba?

Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

We sure agree on that
about Pauline Hanson though....she might have UK parents but she was also supported by the racist Australians who were against asian immigration.

Also heraldic does this means you are against all english being in Oz?? If you are in Oz and you hear an english accent do you take a dislike? I am guessing you are a reasonable person and give someone the benefit of the doubt.....
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

You hear people saying Syd is lousy or a wasteland beyond the harbour...I reckon the west is a lot of fun. Have you been to lakemba?
No - I havent been to lakemba. Is it lively?
Yeah - there are loads of chinese in Parra and lebanese and indians. It actually is a really vibrant place. I am sick of English friends of mine turning their noses up at me living there...they mostly havent even been there and are listening to what other people say!!!!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:51 pm
heraldic

Theres this Chicken place on the main drag- its called Lakemba Halal chickens-its the best BBQ chicken in sydney

Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Theres this Chicken place on the main drag- its called Lakemba Halal chickens-its the best BBQ chicken in sydney
I'll check it out dude
Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:09 pm
heraldic

Also heraldic does this means you are against all english being in Oz?? If you are in Oz and you hear an english accent do you take a dislike
Absolutley not- much of what I what i have said is half jest-and my new wife is English. Look I have lived in the UK for a while and its fun to rib the English-and theres a slight dislike of australians in london. Mike stanton isnt alonel- although I sort of agree with his perception in that it is kind of mine-but unlike him i realise it is highly subjective and it comes from percieving little things and cottoning on to undercurrents and them making them the overwhelming reality. Like I always thought Sydney was boring and dull-when superficially it is nothing of the sort, But to actually think it is anything like milton keynes means your inner reality has overwhelmed outer reality-and to actually argue oz is anything less than a first rate country is rather hard-though i sure know where Stanton is coming from.

Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Absolutley not- much of what I what i have said is half jest-and my new wife is English. Look I have lived in the UK for a while and its fun to rib the English-and theres a slight dislike of australians in london. Mike stanton isnt alonel- although I sort of agree with his perception in that it is kind of mine-but unlike him i realise it is highly subjective and it comes from percieving little things and cottoning on to undercurrents and them making them the overwhelming reality. Like I always thought Sydney was boring and dull-when superficially it is nothing of the sort, But to actually think it is anything like milton keynes means your inner reality has overwhelmed outer reality-and to actually argue oz is anything less than a first rate country is rather hard-though i sure know where Stanton is coming from.
nice one .... in that case i think your post has been an excellent shake up to the forum it's good to make people think about their motivations for coming to Oz. Yeah a mate of mine who's aussie said some the english were snobby to her in London.
Sydney has culture that you have to go look for. It's just not so obvious ...but it's in the art galleries, customs house, pubs and in talking to people.
cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.