Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:39 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bothered Australian

This thread still going? Crikey. Mr GG has been inspired to watch Lord of the Rings and is taking great delight in shouting 'Kill the trolls!' back at the telly every so often. This amuses me on soooooooooo many levels.

GG
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:44 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geordie George
This thread still going? Crikey. Mr GG has been inspired to watch Lord of the Rings and is taking great delight in shouting 'Kill the trolls!' back at the telly every so often. This amuses me on soooooooooo many levels.

GG
Now he wouldn't be buying you a tea-maker this Christmas would he?

Sorry, I was watching the Father Ted Xmas Special on vid last night ... the lingerie department bit cracks me up every time
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:46 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

That was on the box last night, I remember now. Vaguely. Very, very funny. If he's planning on getting me a tea-maker, there will be fireworks in the GG household!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat

Sorry, I was watching the Father Ted Xmas Special on vid last night ... the lingerie department bit cracks me up every time
Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:59 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

You must be bored there in terminal 3. Did you not think about a book? And where's my Baileys?!

GG

Old Dec 18th 2004, 3:59 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heraldic
.....and people wanting to go to Oz to reclaim some imagined fantasy about "how England once was"-and when they slowly realise this isnt exactly the case- go back to blaming foreigners, welfare-recipients, asylum-seekers, Muslims, Jews, travellers (of all the groups the English "blame" this one is the funniest- as if a bunch of gypsies trashing a vacant lot really ruins their lives),the EU, America, the Irish, China(cheap factories-no jobs in the UK) fuel-pipes, for thier problems.
With this sort of attitude to fellow man you want to be careful that people don't mistake you you for a short, moustached dictator for the 1940's in Germany!!!!!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 4:09 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

You must be bored there in terminal 3. Did you not think about a book? And where's my Baileys?!

GG
I've passed passport control now, can't go back!

I've got books, I can drink and read! Ah yeh ... drinking ... Baileys ... well it's like this ...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 4:15 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Tut!

I've passed passport control now, can't go back!

I've got books, I can drink and read! Ah yeh ... drinking ... Baileys ... well it's like this ...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:11 pm
heraldic

Ditto odaat and Jad n rich. If all you want from life is the sun, beaches and endless BBQs, Oz is the place to go. But, if you want more - depth, variety - Oz doesn't get a look-in.
Noticed this post by by mike stanton on another thread-back to UK -my feelings more or less-along with the rest of the post.

although i refered to oz as vibrant-I should qualify that-I meant-it has the potential to be vibrant.
Which is the point of the post- the last thing Oz needs is the type of english immigrant i am attacking here.
Not a racist veiwpoint- A very valid veiwpoint.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:17 pm
heraldic

The london in-crowd dont give Oz a second thought- Australia will remain rather boring as long as it a magnet for the worlds most boring people.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:33 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Australia is a magnet for the world's most boring people. So that'd be everyone in this particular forum then. So why, pray tell, do you want to talk to us if we're so dull?

GG

Originally Posted by heraldic
The london in-crowd dont give Oz a second thought- Australia will remain rather boring as long as it a magnet for the worlds most boring people.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:34 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

heraldic,

I've triied reading this thread but am starting to lose the will to live. After all you posts can you summarise what the f**k you're actually trying to say?

Ta,

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:38 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Hi Paul,

I think it goes along the lines of:

1. Say something you think is contraversial.
2. Bump the thread up every so often when you're feeling ignored.
3. Throw tantrum if step two doesn't work.

But, as it's well known I speak rubbish, I might be wrong.

GG

Originally Posted by diddy
heraldic,

I've triied reading this thread but am starting to lose the will to live. After all you posts can you summarise what the f**k you're actually trying to say?

Ta,

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:44 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

I think it goes along the lines of:

1. Say something you think is contraversial.
2. Bump the thread up every so often when you're feeling ignored.
3. Throw tantrum if step two doesn't work.

But, as it's well known I speak rubbish, I might be wrong.

GG
Thanks.

That's the annoying thing about these arguments - you never know when someone if just trying to wind you up. Having read some of this, I can't beieve heraldic is being genuine.

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:47 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

The thing I like most about our 'new' poster is that they post lots of comments one after the other, just to bump up the thread and their own post tally! Sad, init?!

Originally Posted by diddy
Thanks.

That's the annoying thing about these arguments - you never know when someone if just trying to wind you up. Having read some of this, I can't beieve heraldic is being genuine.

Paul.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 7:52 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

C'mon heraldic, let's have it.

Paul.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.