Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:12 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bothered Australian

Cool. Just don't spend too long in there! That'll be the third visit!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Okey doke, I'll go via the pub, seems to be the logical place to start
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by heraldic
The whole point being that Pomms wanting to come to Oz should try to leave England behind.
I have tried to leave Oz behind in the UK, in order to be succesful- I avoid ranting on about how we do everything better in Oz- or whenever something bugs me saying-it wouldnt have been like this in Oz. I try to do things in an english manner-not thrusting my background on other people.
but many English think it is their god-given right to simply ship england over to an ex-colony like Oz.
I agree with all of that Integration has to be heathier than trying to hold on to things that will inevitably alienate you from the "native" population.

Nothing wrong with holding onto your "Englishness" but don't complain when things are different to "home".

I saw a documentary on Sky Travel about a group of ex-pats doing Morris Dancing in an Australian town ...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:15 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Threads evolve ... It's the way things go. Have a on me and chill. Go with the flow.

GG

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
Glad to see that this thread has moved on but please let's talk about the original topic!
If it doesn't move on soon then I may be forced to hijack this thread to discuss how important charity is at Christmas!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Glad to see that this thread has moved on but please let's talk about the original topic!
If it doesn't move on soon then I may be forced to hijack this thread to discuss how important charity is at Christmas!
You can only hijack a thread if people give a toss about what you are saying ...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:16 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Ok, let's talk about Meals on Wheels? I'll be taking some of those lonely, old, whingeing ex-poms a traditional Christmas dinner on Christmas Day and enjoying a good ol' yarn with 'em. What'll you be doing?
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:19 am
Cup of tea, Father?

An' everywun knoooows that if it's on t' telly, then it must be true.

Is it obvious that I'm just hijacking this thread to get to a hundred posts? Just to see whether anything happens (new star?!)?

I agree with all of that Integration has to be heathier than trying to hold on to things that will inevitably alienate you from the "native" population.

Nothing wrong with holding onto your "Englishness" but don't complain when things are different to "home".

I saw a documentary on Sky Travel about a group of ex-pats doing Morris Dancing in an Australian town ...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:22 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Is it obvious that I'm just hijacking this thread to get to a hundred posts? Just to see whether anything happens (new star?!)?

Oooooo, I just noticed that 200 slipped by quite painlessly!
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Geordie George
An' everywun knoooows that if it's on t' telly, then it must be true.

Indeed, I've totally bought into the Neighbours lifestyle

I'll bet one new star.
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Oooooo, I just noticed that 200 slipped by quite painlessly!
For YOU maybe
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:25 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Here goes, post 100!!

Completely pointless.

GG
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:25 am
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough

Any intelligent progress been made?
Seems to me that there are a lot of people on this site that say nothing...

p.s. Don't forget to do what I do and give generously to the kids this Christmas.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:26 am
Dismembered Bat

For YOU maybe

Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:27 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ProofReader

Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:29 am
heraldic

.....and people wanting to go to Oz to reclaim some imagined fantasy about "how England once was"-and when they slowly realise this isnt exactly the case- go back to blaming foreigners, welfare-recipients, asylum-seekers, Muslims, Jews, travellers (of all the groups the English "blame" this one is the funniest- as if a bunch of gypsies trashing a vacant lot really ruins their lives),the EU, America, the Irish, China(cheap factories-no jobs in the UK) fuel-pipes, for thier problems.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 12:29 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Never let it be said that I say anything of any worth.

Will this make page nine? How many pages do you think this one's going to make? Place your bets ... now!

Any intelligent progress been made?
Seems to me that there are a lot of people on this site that say nothing...

p.s. Don't forget to do what I do and give generously to the kids this Christmas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.