Reload this Page >

Bothered Australian

Bothered Australian

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:31 am
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Bothered Australian

Is anyone going to be on topic tonight?
What is the point of someone writing a post if no-one bothers to reply in a relevant, intelligent manner?
Fed up saying the same thing again and again...
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quinkana
Sir, you are full of shit. Suggest keeping off the Pommie Tucker and Horse Widdle until deamed coherent by a competent authority.
Quinkana, please make a note of this : just this once, I agree with you - heraldic is so full of it, he/she/it needs an enema.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:32 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by possoms
Yes i am sorry i have amended my reply
No probs, I'm sure you'll pick me up later on something
Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:39 am
heraldic

It isnt racist or stereotyping to suggest that a certain type of English are attracted to Australia. I am not suggesting all English are of this type.
These people are attracted to Oz to re-discover something old not find something new.
i dont dislike these people-but i do feel a tad sorry for them-trying to run away from change.
Anyone that has met English ex-pats in perth or adelaide would agree that many of them fit into this mold.
witness the large number of expat english active in the preserve-the-monarchy movement or One nation or the league of rights etc.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:50 am
heraldic

the more original point that I might make is that these people in their huge numbers do affect Australian culture- particularly in adelaide and perth, and it is obvious to any visitor to these cities.
Sydneysiders are more likely to be from old convict and settler families- adelaide is entirely made up of dullard children and grandchildren of this type of english immigrant-and it shows.
having grown up in Sydney,Australia that was a second rate version of England and watched it become a very exciting colourful place -i think it should continue on this path. I actually believe that as long as this type of English floods Australia in large numbers -Australia is being held back.
I certainly am not against English immigration to Australia- just those coming for lousy reasons.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:56 am
heraldic

....and Aussies that come to England and spend the whole time in an "Australian" bar- talking with embelished half-fake Aussie accents-pretending to be the boy from the bush- and bagging england the whole time piss me off in much the same way.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heraldic
...adelaide is entirely made up of dullard children and grandchildren of this type of english immigrant-and it shows.
Wombat42 - this explains everything. Who got the brains in your family; was it koala00001?
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:00 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
Mmmm, I like that stuff too

No comment on the pant issue, not a clue what you are on about.
Its what Paul Calf says at the start of 3 fights, 2 weddings & a funeral!!
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:03 am
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough

the more original point that I might make is that these people in their huge numbers do affect Australian culture- particularly in adelaide and perth, and it is obvious to any visitor to these cities.
Sydneysiders are more likely to be from old convict and settler families- adelaide is entirely made up of dullard children and grandchildren of this type of english immigrant-and it shows.
having grown up in Sydney,Australia that was a second rate version of England and watched it become a very exciting colourful place -i think it should continue on this path. I actually believe that as long as this type of English floods Australia in large numbers -Australia is being held back.
I certainly am not against English immigration to Australia- just those coming for lousy reasons.
Look mate, with respect, it's time you zipped it. I agreed with alot of your original post but you're becoming very racist now.
What were your reasons for going to England?

Listen, I accept you have some valid points but you're quickly becoming one of the " I'm not racist.....but!" crowd. By the way, that makes you racist!

We could debate this point for hours, but it makes you a racist. And who in their right mind wants to be one of them eh?

Anyway, we can't conquer the world or get rid of mindless terrorism and racism but off to bed to dream - getting late
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

....and Aussies that come to England and spend the whole time in an "Australian" bar- talking with embelished half-fake Aussie accents-pretending to be the boy from the bush- and bagging england the whole time piss me off in much the same way.
You're confusing country with attitude. I agree that, in general, Oz is a magnet for people that hark back to some "much better time; when people knew their place. Crime was low, blah, blah...". But these people don't just arrive from England - they are from everywhere.

You should be less concerned with those arriving from England and far more concerned with the question "Why do immigrants - and other countries - still regard Oz like this?"

Blaming One Nation on the daughter of English immigrants is a bit like the Germans blaming the uprise of Nazism on one individual from Austria. I was in Oz at the time One Nation grew rapidly and there was talk about it being a serious political force.

One thing Aussies do better than anyone else and that is blame everybody else but themselves. But, then it does have a world-class chip on its shoulders.

Oz needs to grow-up and take responsibility.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:08 am
heraldic

lets not trivialise the term 'racist'- I for instance am of Anglo-Saxon origin. My wife is English- I reserve the right to be racist against my own ethnic group-that isnt really racism.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:08 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SherKhan66
Too many...

Heraldic - I think the best thing to do is start this thread again and get some sensible ON TOPIC replies. More often than not on this site the level of answers depends on when you post...

ALERT ALERT!! Sense of Humour Bypass!! jesus wept man chill out.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:21 am
heraldic

Look mate, with respect, it's time you zipped it. I agreed with alot of your original post but you're becoming very racist now.
I agree that the last point was perhaps in bad taste - but there is nothing new with suggesting a country try to tailor its immigration to suit the needs of that country- and i,m suggesting that Australia would do well taking a closer look at many of the English that arrive, and the long term affects of their immigrating.

Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by madsad
Its what Paul Calf says at the start of 3 fights, 2 weddings & a funeral!!
I've not seen that actually. I'll look out for it over the chrimbo TV-athon.
Old Dec 18th 2004, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
I've not seen that actually. I'll look out for it over the chrimbo TV-athon.

A total must see mate!! you will love it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.