Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Old Jan 13th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all
Default Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

yes absolutely agree I'll be lucky if some can get over for a visit never mind anything else....
Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

majohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to all

Originally Posted by silverski
Hi all,

we are heading to Dunsborough as soon as the visa comes thru.

Good luck to everyone.

Regards
Silverski
Hi All.
Longish story..Went to Bay of Plenty New Zealand in 2003 with wife Debbie (46 now) Chloe, daughter aged 15 (then!).
she met Maori boy in NZ (like they do!) and moved over to Joondalup, Perth, when she got kiwi citizenship in August 2007, to join him as he moved there with his folks in Feb 2007.
October 2008. We decided to come back to Lincolnshire to satisfy our curiosity about possibly settling back in UK.
Now: Bought house October 2008, all our stuff arrived yesterday.reality hit us like a sledgehammer..what have we done syndrome!..feeling misplaced and realise we dont really belong here anymore and want to join our daughter,
House going on the market ,but good news is we have kiwi passports so have reciprocal citizenship.
So its here we go again...Looks like WE'RE going to Perth! and dont think we'll be looking through the crack in the door again with a view to coming back here.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 11:47 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TheHarrisFamily
Hi Everyone,
we are Tina, Steve and Hannah(4) and we are going to perth april 09 ish. my husband has a job and are going on a 457 visa. we have been to Oz a few times as I have family in Mindarie. We will prob be moving to Ellenbrook. Havent sold our house yet but will rent it out if necc. We also have a dog and very undecided about what to do with her. We have chance of a 5* home with friends but will miss her so much if we leave her. She is 12 and a Husky so prob best to stay here. Dont know what to do! We are ready for some sun now. Any one know about any horse riding for 4yr old in Swan Valley?
Tina
Hi Ya
We too will be moving to Ellenbrook. We validated our visa's last month & decided Ellenbrook was definatley the right place for us.
We got our visa's Feb'08 & our house has been on the market now for almost a year We have interest but they havent sold their house. Wish we could rent it but we dont want any ties back in the UK.
Goodluck with your move
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

shirl62 will become famous soon enoughshirl62 will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

My family and I are waiting and hoping for our visa,we did meds and pcc's in November and this morning received an email asking us to fill in Australian values Statement so hopefully visa won't be to long after that,We have never been to Australia,my Brother has lived with his Australian wife in Melbourne for 15 years and our best friends live in Perth,which is where we plan on settling,they live in Somerely ??any thoughts on this,we plan to go on validation trip in October for 3 weeks.

Myself 46, Hubby 44, Three daughters 23,22,19 one son 17.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

We'll be moving this year - just got visa approval and numbers this morning!

Finally!!!!

Quite a long hard slog this one!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

richgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura aboutrichgina has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by majohnno
Hi All.
Longish story..Went to Bay of Plenty New Zealand in 2003 with wife Debbie (46 now) Chloe, daughter aged 15 (then!).
she met Maori boy in NZ (like they do!) and moved over to Joondalup, Perth, when she got kiwi citizenship in August 2007, to join him as he moved there with his folks in Feb 2007.
October 2008. We decided to come back to Lincolnshire to satisfy our curiosity about possibly settling back in UK.
Now: Bought house October 2008, all our stuff arrived yesterday.reality hit us like a sledgehammer..what have we done syndrome!..feeling misplaced and realise we dont really belong here anymore and want to join our daughter,
House going on the market ,but good news is we have kiwi passports so have reciprocal citizenship.
So its here we go again...Looks like WE'RE going to Perth! and dont think we'll be looking through the crack in the door again with a view to coming back here.
Oh thank god someone else about to ping pong.
Myself, hubby and 2 kids 8 and 6 returned to the UK in Apr 08 after having lived in Perth for 4 years, came back for family, blah,blah. I cried all the way from Singapore to Manchester, still crying now.
Guess what I didn't want to come back and we are hopefully headed back by the end of the year. We still have our house in Glen Forrest which is in the hills but still only 35 min to CBD and can't wait to get back to the trees, the black cockatoos, the Roos, our Friends, the kids old school. I miss the daylight, the sunshine, I would rather have 2 months of heat than 8 months of grey days. I have never felt so relaxed or happy in my whole life as I did in Perth, I hope you all love it as much as I did and do.
Gina
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saxtonj
We'll be moving this year - just got visa approval and numbers this morning!

Finally!!!!

Quite a long hard slog this one!
How long do u get to send off ur passport for visa,mine due for renewal in June ??
Old Jan 16th 2009, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirl62
How long do u get to send off ur passport for visa,mine due for renewal in June ??
I really couldn;t answer that. According to the letter I got - i need to validate before 19th november. So i guess it's before the validation of visa date. But it has to be the same passport you applied fo rvisa with accordign to the letter?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

We're hopefully coming out on a student visa in October. I really want to live in Joondalup as there is a good expat community there plus we've been there before and really liked it. It is not that far from family either.

However, hubby's course is in Cannington which will make commuting a nightmare so I think we need to go South of the river for the first couple of years. Queens Park seems nice but may be Manning or Bull Creek.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saxtonj
I really couldn;t answer that. According to the letter I got - i need to validate before 19th november. So i guess it's before the validation of visa date. But it has to be the same passport you applied fo rvisa with accordign to the letter?
I am hoping to give them change of passport details before we have to send them to London,problem is I'm traveling to Tenerife 6th Feb.so afraid to send it off for renewal now,maybe I should ring the Passport office here and see what they can do.
May I ask when you did your medicals?Is your validation date a year from that date?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shirl62
May I ask when you did your medicals?Is your validation date a year from that date?
Thats exactly when it is from. The 19th is the date my medical was written up i assume as my medical was actually a week earlier than that.

Regards
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Saxtonj for the info,I think I,ll ring passport office tomorrow a see if I can get new ones before Feb 6th,that way I can send back the Values statements and change of Passport forms together in one envelope.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Hi,

My wife and I are headed to Perth soon, Helen 28 and Wayne 28. I have been offered a sponsorship via my work, I am just waiting on the final package arriving here in Scotland before I can start the process of sorting everything out. Its very frustrating waiting as we are both very excited. Does anyone have any advise on where to start in regards to leaving the UK (organising wise)? As soon as I sign the package its down to us when we get there. Any ideas how long the whole process take (roughly)?

AAAAAAAHHHHH

Im so excited I could wee!!!
Old Jan 17th 2009, 8:14 am
Just Joined

cliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Originally Posted by Waynus
Hi,

My wife and I are headed to Perth soon, Helen 28 and Wayne 28. I have been offered a sponsorship via my work, I am just waiting on the final package arriving here in Scotland before I can start the process of sorting everything out. Its very frustrating waiting as we are both very excited. Does anyone have any advise on where to start in regards to leaving the UK (organising wise)? As soon as I sign the package its down to us when we get there. Any ideas how long the whole process take (roughly)?

AAAAAAAHHHHH

Im so excited I could wee!!!
Hi guys,

We are also moving to Perth through work, I will be on a 457 long stay visa. As a guide to timings, I signed a contract with my work on the 20th November 08 and they lodged the visa application on the 25th November, We got our visa through yesterday !!!! woooohooooo !!.
The process is very quick for sponsored Visa's and they said ours would take longer because of xmas etc. !!!
As for where to start, it is not easy but we started with the house and cars. I am renting our house and selling the cars. then it was financial (insurance, pension, banking etc) then we got quotes for removals, The company is paying for all the removal etc but we wanted to get ahead of the game...
I am flying out on the 1st Feb with my daughter 14 and then my wife and eldest daughter ( 16 ) are coming out on March 15th. Where are you guys from in Scotland? we are Aberdeen...
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cliffandhelena
Hi guys,

We are also moving to Perth through work, I will be on a 457 long stay visa. As a guide to timings, I signed a contract with my work on the 20th November 08 and they lodged the visa application on the 25th November, We got our visa through yesterday !!!! woooohooooo !!.
The process is very quick for sponsored Visa's and they said ours would take longer because of xmas etc. !!!
As for where to start, it is not easy but we started with the house and cars. I am renting our house and selling the cars. then it was financial (insurance, pension, banking etc) then we got quotes for removals, The company is paying for all the removal etc but we wanted to get ahead of the game...
I am flying out on the 1st Feb with my daughter 14 and then my wife and eldest daughter ( 16 ) are coming out on March 15th. Where are you guys from in Scotland? we are Aberdeen...
Hi,

That sounds just like our circumstances, also on a 457 visa (when i accept!). Nice one on getting the visas through! I think we will be doing roughly the same in regards to house etc. There just seems like so much to sort out. Im not sure how easy it will be in regards to selling the cars as we have finance on both of them! i think it will end up costing us cash but it will be worth taking the hit just to get there, my work might even sort out the difference if i ask them. We are in Fife. My work has a base in Aberdeen. Ive worked up in Echt a few times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.