British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   ***Moving to Perth 2009?*** (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/%2A%2A%2Amoving-perth-2009-%2A%2A%2A-567943/)

the_nanny_uk2 Oct 18th 2008 4:04 pm

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

:thumbsup: Hi folks

As there seem to be quite a few in the chat room and on the forum that are moving to Perth next year I thought I'd start a thread so we can all keep in contact with each other. Maybe start a list of when you are going and where you hope to live. That way we can all help each other out and maybe hold a get together in Oz each time one of us makes it over there. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.:thumbup:

We've just got back from the Leeds Expo where we met up with Clanfraser and his wife and also Scarletsfan and his wife. So good to put faces to the names now. Armed with loads of info now (and toys for the kids off the stands) well worth going.

Ok so we are Jo(39), Gaz(39), Ben(9) and Daniel(4) going to SOR, poss Secret Harbour or Lakelands.

Spk to you soon

j xxx

bluekipper Oct 18th 2008 4:12 pm

Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Were hoping to go when eldest finished A levels (yr after nxt)fingers crossed,lived in OZ B4 so were ping pongers ;)

Bluekipper

sunflower7 Oct 18th 2008 4:24 pm

Hi there

I'm hoping to be in Perth by Feb 09, not sure of the area yet. Would love to meet up with others. Will need someone to share a bottle of wine/beer with :p

nikki75 Oct 18th 2008 4:38 pm

Hi,

I'm hoping to go to Perth sometime before March 09. Of course it all depends on the Visa... ;)

Haven't decided yet on where exactly I should live.

But it's really nice to know that I'm not the only one in that situation at the same time - thanks for starting the thread :thumbsup:

kathyheald Oct 18th 2008 5:28 pm

hi all, we to hoping to go to Perth Feb/Mar 09 depending on the visa and house sale (no interest yet). Me, hubby and 3 kids aged 15, 13 and 11. We've been looking north of Perth in and around Padbury area. Applied for 175 visa at the end of Mar 08 and still haven't heard anything. (only that there are back logs) :mad:

missa Oct 18th 2008 5:37 pm

Hi

I think this thread is a great idea! :) We are hopeing to move in summer 2010 when our son has finished his GCSE's. We are Bev, Phil, Craig (18), Dominic (14) and Melissa (8). We haven't decided whereabouts we will live yet. Just going through the visa process & keeping our fingers crossed we are accepted. Bev

bluekipper Oct 18th 2008 5:40 pm

Nice to know were not the only ones going with older kids, mine are 13 & 18yr old girls, 13yr old not wanting to go back, 18 yr old cant wait!!!!

bluekipper

the_nanny_uk2 Oct 18th 2008 5:44 pm

Wow! what a fantastic turn out on this thread!

Thank you to everyone that is joining, we need to stick together through our visa processes and keep updating the thread.

Pop into the Chat room on the site from time to time cos you will get to know people on there too.

Jo x

wanttobedownunder Oct 18th 2008 5:50 pm

Hi,

Good to hear lots in the same boat as us :rofl:.
We are planning a validation trip in June 09 ( if the 175 ever comes in :curse: )
Me36 OH 34 Jnr 3.
All planning to live in Halls head area depending on jobs I supose??
Hope to meet you all for a tinny one day.

Cheers.

Tony.

:thumbup:

Danny B Oct 18th 2008 5:59 pm

I'm curious why the majority of people decide on Perth? Is there more work in Perth or is it because houses are cheaper?

What's the attraction?

Perth is supposedly the most remotest city in the world with Adelaide being 2,000kms away. Is that the reason it's so popular?

missa Oct 18th 2008 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 6888199)
Nice to know were not the only ones going with older kids, mine are 13 & 18yr old girls, 13yr old not wanting to go back, 18 yr old cant wait!!!!

bluekipper

We have the same problem bluekipper

The 14yr old continues to tell me on a regular basis that he doesn't want to go & that it will be too hot for him!! & the 18yr old is jumping at the chance. Unfortunatly he is working, only an apprentice, so we are having to prove that he is dependant on us. He is determined to come with us even if he doesn't get on our visa!! Wish the 14yr old thought along them lines :)
Bev

dnex721 Oct 18th 2008 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by missa (Post 6888332)
We have the same problem bluekipper

The 14yr old continues to tell me on a regular basis that he doesn't want to go & that it will be too hot for him!! & the 18yr old is jumping at the chance. Unfortunatly he is working, only an apprentice, so we are having to prove that he is dependant on us. He is determined to come with us even if he doesn't get on our visa!! Wish the 14yr old thought along them lines :)
Bev

Hi Nanny following you around ,,, lol

HI all

i am off to Perth March 2009 [ house sale dependant ]

we looking at clarkson / minderie area

I'm Bev [40] Tony [37] and Rachel [17]

Speak soon

xx

lastone Oct 18th 2008 6:56 pm

Got visa, flying from Newcastle on 12th Jan, flying BA/Singapore, landing 14th Jan.

Just about got a top house sorted in Conolly (with help from Northernbird), with a pool, 6 month rental

Renting ours if we don't sell.

Let us know when you lot get there, we'd be happy to meet up.

John (32), Claire (will get wrong), Alexander (11), Elizabeth (4) and Anna (2).

daddyofthree Oct 18th 2008 9:10 pm

Hopefully we will be across by the end of 2009 . Alan (43), Louise (30), Kids 4,3,and 9 weeks. Still not certain where but Rockingham and Ocean Reef are good bets. Good site:thumbsup:

silverski Oct 18th 2008 10:07 pm

Hi all,

we are heading to Dunsborough as soon as the visa comes thru.

Good luck to everyone.

Regards
Silverski