Reload this Page >

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Old Nov 24th 2008, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

georginabutcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Originally Posted by Idlewood
Hi there, great to read all these comments some of which are a bit on the negative side but then i guess we compare north and south in the UK scotland to england etc so not really surprising there is an east verses west divide! We heading to Perth aug/sep 2009. I am dual citizen as my folks emigrated in the 80s. headed back to UK on backpacking trip in 90s and got married kids etc. Now heading back to be with my family in Perth. Its harder in some respects as i remember lots of Perth but of course its very different now. We hoping to move to vic park way as my bro lives there also my husband is an architect so hopefully will work in city. Right bfore you all drop off to sleep with my short novel here we are tryn and terry josh(8) frasr(7). ps if anyone has any comments on vic park area particularly schools that be great my bro kids grown up so he doesnt know cheers ps my hubby going for spouse visa anyone know how long that takes?
Hi
Just replying to spouse visa question.We applied for my hubby's in first week in august 2008 and had it in hand by 27 oct 2008.Pretty quick I think.But we were told by Australia house that it can take 6 months.
Good Luck
George
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paula_lou
Hiya

We're hoping to be in Perth by the summer of 2009, possibly earlier as hubby as just been offered a job over there

We're gonna be in the Butler area

Paula(moi) 27, Lee 32, Chloe 7 and Bailey 4.
hi paula when in summer are you thinkin of going just we are hoping to be going to butler about june/july next year and my kids are the same age well dylan will be 9 and kyle will 4 so it will be nice to meet up with you some time and keep intouch

carlz
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of

Hey guys,

For anyone moving to Perth in Jan/Feb 09 who is keen to secure a long-term rental in the northern suburbs - specifically Tapping (near Joondalup) then we are breaking our rental agreement at the end of Jan, and we are keen to find someone to take over the house so we don't have to keep paying rent until September.

If this is useful to anyone then give me a shout.

Take it easy,
Dazster
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:05 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Just come back from our validation trip & have decided on Ellenbrook!!!
Can't wait to get there now
Stayed in Kinross which was lovely too but its definatley Ellenbrook for us!
Old Dec 21st 2008, 11:07 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dazster
Hey guys,

For anyone moving to Perth in Jan/Feb 09 who is keen to secure a long-term rental in the northern suburbs - specifically Tapping (near Joondalup) then we are breaking our rental agreement at the end of Jan, and we are keen to find someone to take over the house so we don't have to keep paying rent until September.

If this is useful to anyone then give me a shout.

Take it easy,
Dazster
If we are lucky enough to have sold our house any time soon i'll contact you. Tapping isn't too far from Ellenbrook so we will be renting till our house is built.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Kelzomac05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all!!
Myself (Kelly, 29) and the hubby (Graham, 28) are hoping to be out there in Perth by September 09! We have finally got our house sold, so now we are just waiting on the visas!! We have two boys Graham 9, and Saul 3 who are both extremely excited about moving to Oz. We are looking at Joondalup, Clarkson areas, my husband is an electrician so hopefully he will be able to get some work north of the city. We both drive, but he doesn't fancy commuting for long hours each day. Hope to catch up with everyone when we come out for a good old barbie!!! xxx
Old Dec 21st 2008, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

cliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone, we are moving Feb 09.... we will be ona 457 visa (when it is processed). We will be in Perth, Canning Vale, success, Freemantle.. the office is in Canning Vale ( Baker Oil Tools)..
Daughter 16 does not want to go (left school and is training as a hairderesser) daughter 14 can't wait..
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cliffandhelena
Hi everyone, we are moving Feb 09.... we will be ona 457 visa (when it is processed). We will be in Perth, Canning Vale, success, Freemantle.. the office is in Canning Vale ( Baker Oil Tools)..
Daughter 16 does not want to go (left school and is training as a hairderesser) daughter 14 can't wait..
Hi Cliffandhelena,

Just thought I would say hi as me and the hubby are moving in Feb 09, what date do you fly ?

We fly 7th February from Manchester

Donna & Pete.
Old Dec 21st 2008, 6:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Hi

We are Clem, Di and Jack (15.5), moving over in August 2009 when son has finished his GCSE exams. We are ping pongers of a couple of times now, but would still be nice to keep in contact with others moving over

Have lived in Butler and Ellenbrook but my grown up daughter is living in Willetton so might give that area a try this time.

Di
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 7:17 am
Just Joined

cliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Hi Cliffandhelena,

Just thought I would say hi as me and the hubby are moving in Feb 09, what date do you fly ?

We fly 7th February from Manchester

Donna & Pete.
We are hoping for the same date as yourself and also looking at Manchester, We are waiting on confirmation as the company are arranging air tickets etc.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 11:00 am
Living the dream

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Hi

We are Clem, Di and Jack (15.5), moving over in August 2009 when son has finished his GCSE exams. We are ping pongers of a couple of times now, but would still be nice to keep in contact with others moving over

Have lived in Butler and Ellenbrook but my grown up daughter is living in Willetton so might give that area a try this time.

Di
Do you have any views on the state High & Primary schools in Ellenbrook? We have just been over & love Ellenbrook so it looks like we're going there
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

PLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to beholdPLANTS is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Do you have any views on the state High & Primary schools in Ellenbrook? We have just been over & love Ellenbrook so it looks like we're going there
Hi, have lived in Ellenbrook for just over a year and loved it there but my son was High School age and went to Ellenbrook Christian College which takes from Year 1 through to Year 11 which was a private school, very good too. I do have some friends whose children went to Ellenbrook Primary School, can't think of the name of it now, sorry, but they said that it was a great little school and didnt have any problems.

There is another primary school in Ellenbrook on Charlottes Vineyard which opened about 1.5 years ago now I think, and then another that I know was being built in Coolamon Village which only opened this year sometime but no idea what these are like. I can find out the addresses if anyone is interested

The state High School had just opened when I moved there and after Jack had started ECC (typical ah!) so didn't want to moe him but have been told its a nice school also, its in the heart of Ellenbrook High Street where the shops are so easy to get to by bus for children.

Jack has also attended Joondalup Primary, Mindarie Primary and Butler Primary and loved them , did have a bit of bullying in Mindarie but they soon picked up on it and stopped it. His favourite was Butler and had lots of fun there.

Regards Di

Last edited by PLANTS; Dec 22nd 2008 at 1:34 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2008, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
hi paula when in summer are you thinkin of going just we are hoping to be going to butler about june/july next year and my kids are the same age well dylan will be 9 and kyle will 4 so it will be nice to meet up with you some time and keep intouch

carlz
Hiya Carlz! We're hoping to go by the end of August providing the house sells!

It would be lovely to keep in touch and then meet up when we're out there!!!
Paula xxx
Old Jan 9th 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Paula_lou
Hiya Carlz! We're hoping to go by the end of August providing the house sells!

It would be lovely to keep in touch and then meet up when we're out there!!!
Paula xxx
hi hun how are things going any news ?

we have the visa but cant sell the house:curse: hope things are movin for you.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:35 am
Just Joined

Roombiegirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Hiya, we are kiwi family moving to Perth very soon, does anyone have info on short term accommodation options? We just want a furnished 2 - 3 bed flat/house to get started. I don't think area is going to matter as we don't know where we will be working etc. so long as clean and safe, for us and baby! Cheers George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.