Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Old Jan 10th 2009, 9:22 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Originally Posted by PLANTS
Hi, have lived in Ellenbrook for just over a year and loved it there but my son was High School age and went to Ellenbrook Christian College which takes from Year 1 through to Year 11 which was a private school, very good too. I do have some friends whose children went to Ellenbrook Primary School, can't think of the name of it now, sorry, but they said that it was a great little school and didnt have any problems.

There is another primary school in Ellenbrook on Charlottes Vineyard which opened about 1.5 years ago now I think, and then another that I know was being built in Coolamon Village which only opened this year sometime but no idea what these are like. I can find out the addresses if anyone is interested

The state High School had just opened when I moved there and after Jack had started ECC (typical ah!) so didn't want to moe him but have been told its a nice school also, its in the heart of Ellenbrook High Street where the shops are so easy to get to by bus for children.

Jack has also attended Joondalup Primary, Mindarie Primary and Butler Primary and loved them , did have a bit of bullying in Mindarie but they soon picked up on it and stopped it. His favourite was Butler and had lots of fun there.

Regards Di
Thank you so much for this info its really helped. Thanks
Old Jan 10th 2009, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone

We are Claire 37 a nurse, John 39, Will 12, Charlotte 10 and little Gracie 6.

We have just returned from our reccie trip, and really loved Perth. Also visited Melbourne, but decided Perth would suit the family better.

We are looking at possibility Rockingham, Secret Harbour areas at the mo, but that could all change!!

Will the 12 year old is adamant he is not going, even though he loved his time there!, whereas the girls can't wait!

Hopefully should be there summer time 'ish'- fingers crossed!

Anyway, thanks for a great thread,

Claire x
Old Jan 11th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by clairey b
Hi everyone

We have just returned from our reccie trip, and really loved Perth. Also visited Melbourne, but decided Perth would suit the family better.

We are looking at possibility Rockingham, Secret Harbour areas at the mo, but that could all change!!

Will the 12 year old is adamant he is not going, even though he loved his time there!, whereas the girls can't wait!

Claire x
hi claire

Did you go north perth(butler, clarkson) to have a look ?
we are movin july but have never been over to oz before so just tryin to see if anyone with kids been to see that end to see wot its like for thing for the kids like schools,parks ect...

i have a 9 year old that does'nt wont to go aswell just does'nt wont to leave his friend and family so hope theirs alot to keep is mind off back home

carlz
Old Jan 11th 2009, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Jan Perth is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Hi all,

I am new to this forum so not really sure how it works.

Me Jan (35), hubby Scott (36) kids Luke 6, Sam 3 aned Evan 1yrs are all
heading to Perth, have visa's and have done a rekki, loved the Northern suburbs. Plan to live near or in Joondalup, Kinross or Currumbine.
We plan to be in by JUne 09.
We live in Northumberland and haven't sold our house, so we are renting, which is a worry but the way the market is we have no choice.
Would love to meet up once we get over there with people as it's good to share advice and experience. Don't know if I am using this site correctly? Please advise if I am not, cheers.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jan Perth
Hi all,

I am new to this forum so not really sure how it works.

Me Jan (35), hubby Scott (36) kids Luke 6, Sam 3 aned Evan 1yrs are all
heading to Perth, have visa's and have done a rekki, loved the Northern suburbs. Plan to live near or in Joondalup, Kinross or Currumbine.
We plan to be in by JUne 09.
We live in Northumberland and haven't sold our house, so we are renting, which is a worry but the way the market is we have no choice.
Would love to meet up once we get over there with people as it's good to share advice and experience. Don't know if I am using this site correctly? Please advise if I am not, cheers.
hi jan and welcome aboard
Old Jan 11th 2009, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

clairey b will become famous soon enoughclairey b will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
hi claire

we are movin july but have never been over to oz before so just tryin to see if anyone with kids been to see that end to see wot its like for thing for the kids like schools,parks ect...

i have a 9 year old that does'nt wont to go aswell just does'nt wont to leave his friend and family so hope theirs alot to keep is mind off back home

carlz
Hi Carlz

We spent some time in the north-mainly around Sorrento area, which was lovely, but didn't get to Butler. Spent more time south of the river in Rockingham etc. We are trying to decide at the moment which area would be best to concentrate on regarding schools-especially for the grumpy 12 year old!!

There will be loads to do for your 9 year old-i'm sure he will love it once you are actually there! Kids eh-don't they just drive you mad!!!

Claire
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

colchester is an unknown quantity at this point

hi claire

carlz

I have lived in Perth for almost 20 years.

The most popular areas for British people to move to in Western Australia are the northern suburbs (Joondalup, Currumbine, Kingsley, Duncraig etc) and the Rockingham area in the south.

I have to say I would not recommend going as far north as Clarkson, it (including the senior school) has a not so good reputation hence the cheaper houses around that area (except for Mindarie: coast).

Around Joondalup I have been told that St Stephens and Lake Joondalup Baptist College are good schools.

If you are going to work in the City of Perth then I suggest that you live not too far from a train station (easier and cheaper than parking in the city of Perth).

There are plenty of jobs around Perth available for nurses and teachers.

Good luck
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

smith1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
We (Pete 36, marie-Claire 37, Jacob 5, Joshua 4) have just had the definite job confirmation (meaning current manager gave me a good reference to get rid of me). I will be working at the Princess Margaret Hospital. We just starting the application process now so hoping to get out to Perth later in year, don't know where yet, poss Joondalup. Will be good to keep in touch with all those going out this year as well as those already there. Very daunting but exciting, my wife foresees lots of headaches (nothing new there ). Looking forward to meeting up with others in the same boat, having a few beers, wine, etc.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by smith1972
Hi All
We (Pete 36, marie-Claire 37, Jacob 5, Joshua 4) have just had the definite job confirmation (meaning current manager gave me a good reference to get rid of me). I will be working at the Princess Margaret Hospital. We just starting the application process now so hoping to get out to Perth later in year, don't know where yet, poss Joondalup. Will be good to keep in touch with all those going out this year as well as those already there. Very daunting but exciting, my wife foresees lots of headaches (nothing new there ). Looking forward to meeting up with others in the same boat, having a few beers, wine, etc.
Well done! If you do end up in Joondalup your local pub is called the Old Bailey.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

smith1972 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Colchester
Is the Old Bailey any good? Also can you tell me if there are any kid friendly bars where parents can have a drink and a bite to eat with the kids or are they strictly off limits. Not that i would be desperate to have a drink mind , just nice to know if we have the option, for the sake of sanity and all that.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by smith1972
Hi Colchester
Is the Old Bailey any good? Also can you tell me if there are any kid friendly bars where parents can have a drink and a bite to eat with the kids or are they strictly off limits. Not that i would be desperate to have a drink mind , just nice to know if we have the option, for the sake of sanity and all that.
Most pubs also sell food so they let kids in - some also have beer gardens to sit in. I am not a regular at pubs but some like 'The Old Bailey' have TV's with fox sports so you can watch the English premier league.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by clairey b
Hi everyone

Claire x
Hi Claire
Welcome
I'm a nurse too. What sort of nursing do you do? I'm heading out on 22nd Feb, keep me posted how you get on. Good luck
Old Jan 12th 2009, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by colchester

The most popular areas for British people to move to in Western Australia are the northern suburbs (Joondalup, Currumbine, Kingsley, Duncraig etc) and the Rockingham area in the south.

I have to say I would not recommend going as far north as Clarkson, it (including the senior school) has a not so good reputation hence the cheaper houses around that area (except for Mindarie: coast).

Around Joondalup I have been told that St Stephens and Lake Joondalup Baptist College are good schools.

If you are going to work in the City of Perth then I suggest that you live not too far from a train station (easier and cheaper than parking in the city of Perth).

Good luck
well the house prices wont go down up in north of Perth in 2009
Old Jan 12th 2009, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by colchester

Good luck
hi
we were just thinking of heading to clarkson because we have friends there but think they are moving to mindarie soon will prob start of there then make our mind up once we are over. what are the house prices (to rent) like in joondalup is it much diff from mindarie?
Old Jan 12th 2009, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

jsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant futurejsvk has a brilliant future

hi
we were just thinking of heading to clarkson because we have friends there but think they are moving to mindarie soon will prob start of there then make our mind up once we are over. what are the house prices (to rent) like in joondalup is it much diff from mindarie?
Hello you might like to try www.reiwa.com.au for rentals it has pics as well..also gives agents contact details..the other one is www.realestate.com.au prices depend on what you are looking for bedrooms etc mindarie is very nice and so is joondalup kinross and ocean reef also nice hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.