Reload this Page >

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Old Jan 17th 2009, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

twins-mum 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ***Moving to Perth 2009?***

Hi,

We are another family (Steph, Gav, Jack (6) and Lucas (6) hoping to make the move to WA. We have got through the first stages of sponsorship for teaching but have requested a Jan 2010 start and are looking to arrive late 2009 ready for a 2010 start who knows where. Gav and I are heading out over the Easter break for a quick reccie and to get our bearings before making the move in Dec. New to this website so any advice, support or just general conversation would be good. Would love to hear from anyone with thoughts on our kind of sponsorship or just for a quick meet in April for a beer and chat on our arrival. Now just feeling excited and still wary.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:42 am
Just Joined

cliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Waynus
Hi,

That sounds just like our circumstances, also on a 457 visa (when i accept!). Nice one on getting the visas through! I think we will be doing roughly the same in regards to house etc. There just seems like so much to sort out. Im not sure how easy it will be in regards to selling the cars as we have finance on both of them! i think it will end up costing us cash but it will be worth taking the hit just to get there, my work might even sort out the difference if i ask them. We are in Fife. My work has a base in Aberdeen. Ive worked up in Echt a few times.
There is a lot to do that is for sure, it seems never ending but will be worth it in the end.
We just bought 2 new cars in August, managed to sell the corsa yesterday (phew!) and still have to sell the other. we never had finance but think it may have been better if we had! I would check to see if returning it to the finance company is cheaper, I know you can do that depending on how long you have had the cars.
We have 2 dogs that we are also taking at a massive cost, they are going to a company in Dunfermline in early March (pettravelservices) to be shipped.
Echt is only about 10 miles from where we live (Dyce-beside the Aberdeen Airport).
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cliffandhelena
There is a lot to do that is for sure, it seems never ending but will be worth it in the end.
We just bought 2 new cars in August, managed to sell the corsa yesterday (phew!) and still have to sell the other. we never had finance but think it may have been better if we had! I would check to see if returning it to the finance company is cheaper, I know you can do that depending on how long you have had the cars.
We have 2 dogs that we are also taking at a massive cost, they are going to a company in Dunfermline in early March (pettravelservices) to be shipped.
Echt is only about 10 miles from where we live (Dyce-beside the Aberdeen Airport).
Just wanted to say Hi as we are in Fife too - just outside Dunfermline. Will be looking at pettravelservices - thank you!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough

Will have to look into sending the car back. I work in Dunfermline! Small world!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

cliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the roughcliffandhelena is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Just wanted to say Hi as we are in Fife too - just outside Dunfermline. Will be looking at pettravelservices - thank you!
Hi to you too !! how are you getting on with Visa's etc? where are you guys looking at?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

majohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to allmajohnno is a name known to all

Originally Posted by richgina

Oh thank god someone else about to ping pong.
Myself, hubby and 2 kids 8 and 6 returned to the UK in Apr 08 after having lived in Perth for 4 years, came back for family, blah,blah. I cried all the way from Singapore to Manchester, still crying now.
Guess what I didn't want to come back and we are hopefully headed back by the end of the year. We still have our house in Glen Forrest which is in the hills but still only 35 min to CBD and can't wait to get back to the trees, the black cockatoos, the Roos, our Friends, the kids old school. I miss the daylight, the sunshine, I would rather have 2 months of heat than 8 months of grey days. I have never felt so relaxed or happy in my whole life as I did in Perth, I hope you all love it as much as I did and do.
Gina
Hi Gina

thankyou.
our daughter is looking at moving to Ellenbrook, but we're not sure where to live as my work will likely be in Subiaco- not too sure how far Ellenbrook is from there.
All the best with your plans

mark
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

JAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the rough

HEY ME AND 3 FRIENDS FROM LIVERPOOL WILL BE MOVING TO PERTH THE 2ND WEEK IN JULY. 4 FRIENDS ALREADY THERE. IVE DONE AS MUCH POSSIBLE RESEARCH AS POSSIBLE NEXT STAGE IS FINDING A PLACE TO LIVE. VISAS DONE AND FLIGHTS BOOKED. LOOKING TO MOVE TO THE MINDARIE, COTTESLOE AREAS.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Will have to look into sending the car back. I work in Dunfermline! Small world!

Well you can probably tell by my user name where I live!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi to you too !! how are you getting on with Visa's etc? where are you guys looking at?

Hello

We've got to go down the Student route unfortunately but it is our only way. Really worried about the working side of things in Perth but we're on holiday next month so can double check a few things when there. How are you guys getting on?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Waynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the roughWaynus is a jewel in the rough

Well you can probably tell by my user name where I live!
Hi!

We are in Kdy!

Im still waiting on the package coming through from my work with all the details.

What will you study?

Its the financial side that is starting to worry me as i have yet to see the figures offered from work and i hope that it is good enough as we are used to having two wages coming in but will only have 1 for the first few months.

Should find out in a week or two.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi!

We are in Kdy!

Im still waiting on the package coming through from my work with all the details.

What will you study?

Its the financial side that is starting to worry me as i have yet to see the figures offered from work and i hope that it is good enough as we are used to having two wages coming in but will only have 1 for the first few months.

Should find out in a week or two.
Good luck with everything.

My husband wants to try wall and floor tiling so we are relying on the building trade plus we will need to use quite a bit of our savings just to survive. We're only each allowed to work 20 hours which is not a lot!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Good luck with everything.

My husband wants to try wall and floor tiling so we are relying on the building trade plus we will need to use quite a bit of our savings just to survive. We're only each allowed to work 20 hours which is not a lot!
That sounds like tough times ahead! I hope all goes well. It will be worth it.

When are you heading there?

We have no savings so will be totally relying on the wages received!! Also got some bills that will need paying here when we get there! Just hope the relocation package is good enough to get us through the first couple of months.
Old Jan 31st 2009, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

just keeping this thread alive
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
just keeping this thread alive
think we must been the only one's left movin to perth

well wanted down under is in perth as well tomoz
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
think we must been the only one's left movin to perth

well wanted down under is in perth as well tomoz
We have not left yet mate, When you going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.