Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Wikiposts

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:55 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Going a bit OT, has anyone noticed the new Customs and Border patrol ads on the TV?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:59 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Going a bit OT, has anyone noticed the new Customs and Border patrol ads on the TV?
Nope - any good ??
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:00 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Nope - any good ??
Not really, very gung ho, business must be good
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:01 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

True, but why if the UK has plenty of citizens capable of commiting serious crimes should it admit even more criminals. Defending law-breaking asylum seekers because some brits also break the law is hardly a great way to justify anything, is it ???
I really can't see how you can defend your stance on this matter, unless that is you disagree with many of the opinions expresssed on here simply because they would be perceived as being right wing, and not judging them on their own merits.

What is my stance, according to you?

Show me where I have defended anyone who breaks the law, wherever they come from.

What I said was that a) the "immigrant problem" is blown out of proportion for political purposes and b) that the causes and sources of illegal immigration are not always honestly or correctly described, let alone tackled. If you have evidence to refute that argument, I would be genuinely interested to see it.

Here, for example, is a complicating example of how illegal immigration and economic matters play together.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/crime/arti...143543,00.html
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:01 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

They have to advertise for smugglers now?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:05 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

very gung ho
Hmm gruff, that surprizes me
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:06 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

Show me where I have defended anyone who breaks the law, wherever they come from.

What I said was that a) the "immigrant problem" is blown out of proportion for political purposes and b) that the causes and sources of illegal immigration are not always honestly or correctly described, let alone tackled. If you have evidence to refute that argument, I would be genuinely interested to see it.

Here, for example, is a complicating example of how illegal immigration and economic matters play together.

I have to ask, do you really believe everything as written in the Gaurdian?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I have to ask, do you really believe everything as written in the Gaurdian?
Do you believe everything written in the Telegraph?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:07 am

Hmm gruff, that surprizes me
It's a generic Marines/army/airforce/coastguard/CBP commercial, standing on a mountain backdropped by a sunset......you get the idea?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:09 am
Thinking about it

You have attempted to excuse law-breaking asylum seekers by stating that UK residents also comit crime. If you weren't attempting to excuse law-breaking asylum seekers by making this statement then I'd love to know why you mde it in the first place - seems irrelevent to the discussion.

You are attempting to put forward the argument that things are being blown out of all proportion, you produce the evidence. Oh, and just because something is blown out of proportion doesn't mean that it isn't an issue in the first place.

Err, the Guardian - hardly a neutral publication
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:09 am
Thinking about it

Do you believe everything written in the Telegraph?
I can't speak for AWP, but i don't read the telegraph or the mail, I like to form my own opinions.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:10 am
Thinking about it

It's a generic Marines/army/airforce/coastguard/CBP commercial, standing on a mountain backdropped by a sunset......you get the idea?
Don't disappoint me now Gruff - was there a stars and stripes or an eagle to be seen ??
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:12 am

Don't disappoint me now Gruff - was there a stars and stripes or an eagle to be seen ??
But of course...
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:14 am

[QUOTE]
You have attempted to excuse law-breaking asylum seekers by stating that UK residents also comit crime.
Show me where please.

If you weren't attempting to excuse law-breaking asylum seekers by making this statement
What statement? Show me.

You are attempting to put forward the argument that things are being blown out of all proportion, you produce the evidence.
I'm the only one who had to support my position? I didn't realise that differing positions were exempt, I'm sorry. When I've had my shower I will wallow in Google for you.

Oh, and just because something is blown out of proportion doesn't mean that it isn't an issue in the first place.
Er, no. It means it's blown out of all proportion, which is what I said. We seem to be in agreement here then.

Err, the Guardian - hardly a neutral publication
Of course it isn't. No more are The Sun, The Daily Mirror, The Daily Telegraph, The Times, etc. etc. etc. The trick is to gather all the information one can and then analyse it.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:16 am

I can't speak for AWP, but i don't read the telegraph or the mail, I like to form my own opinions.

Excellent. How do you gather the information that informs your opinions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.