Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Wikiposts

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:41 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Originally Posted by rushman
Please take note of the first 4 words of that remark.
A lot of Brits use "a little bit ...." to downplay what they are saying while meaning it the whole time.

"I'm okay, just had a bit of a heart attack...."

"Bit of a car crash, I'm in hospital with a bit of traction on my broken legs, but no worries."

Depends on the context. If he said they ought to be exterminated like cockroaches, that's as bad as Muslim imams saying that the infidels ought to be exterminated. If he said they were everywhere, spreading, dirty, but inevitable because they're survivors.... that's his right.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
A new candidate for the list.
Can you put the words "bankwagon, c*cksucker, jump, on, don't, why and you" into a sentance...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676524.stm
here we go again. You can see loads of cartoons about Jesus on the cross "Hey Joseph, I can see your house from up here". Cartoons with monks, vicars infact anything Christian and nobody turns a blind eye to them BUT god forbid you make a joke about Islam. FFS

No sense of humour those Muslims.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:48 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

A new candidate for the list.
Can you put the words "bankwagon, c*cksucker, jump, on, don't, why and you" into a sentance...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4676524.stm
Ah that'd be a leftwing cockroach.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:52 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

PS Bandwagon
Its my keyboard again
I typed ass-kissin' instead of ass-kickin' yesterday as well as gum club instead of gun club
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by snowbunny
A lot of Brits use "a little bit ...." to downplay what they are saying while meaning it the whole time.

"I'm okay, just had a bit of a heart attack...."

"Bit of a car crash, I'm in hospital with a bit of traction on my broken legs, but no worries."

Depends on the context. If he said they ought to be exterminated like cockroaches, that's as bad as Muslim imams saying that the infidels ought to be exterminated. If he said they were everywhere, spreading, dirty, but inevitable because they're survivors.... that's his right.
I cant even remember what you are quoting me from. That was sooooooo last night.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 2:57 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Ah that'd be a leftwing cockroach.
Bloody hell!! Can they even play football now?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:04 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I cant even remember what you are quoting me from. That was sooooooo last night.
You had said to take note of the first four words of "a little bit like cockroaches."

As to leaving the women and children behind, ffs most of these folk are economic refugees and not political refugees. Does it matter whether staying at home means a brutal death by a junta, or a slow death by starvation?

Many of these folk are like the Mexicans and other Central/South Americans who pour over the border into the US. They mostly DO leave their families behind and send money home.

I seriously doubt you would sit at home and watch your wife and kids starve rather than do whatever it took to feed them.

Take away all the social bennies and you'll only get those willing to work for poor wages. Take away the political asylum system -- the reason people head for Britain is that it's one of the last countries in the world to offer such a programme. Make everyone who's a legitimate death target earn their entry by writing a book, having a movie made, or best yet, having a fatwa with their name on it.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:07 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Does it matter whether staying at home means a brutal death by a junta, or a slow death by starvation?

Many of these folk are like the Mexicans and other Central/South Americans who pour over the border into the US. They mostly DO leave their families behind and send money home.
Not much starvation in Albania or Romania the last time i checked.
Oh, and mexicans generally don't come to the US just to claim welfare - the comparison is not a valid one - not even close.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:14 am
Account Closed

You had said to take note of the first four words of "a little bit like cockroaches."

As to leaving the women and children behind, ffs most of these folk are economic refugees and not political refugees. Does it matter whether staying at home means a brutal death by a junta, or a slow death by starvation?

I seriously doubt you would sit at home and watch your wife and kids starve rather than do whatever it took to feed them.

Take away all the social bennies and you'll only get those willing to work for poor wages. Take away the political asylum system -- the reason people head for Britain is that it's one of the last countries in the world to offer such a programme. Make everyone who's a legitimate death target earn their entry by writing a book, having a movie made, or best yet, having a fatwa with their name on it.
Morelike one of the FIRST. Or are you suggesting everyone else had it first and just did away with it.

BTW Its hard to understand your point. What are you saying? That they are economic migrants and should still be allowed into Britain or that they shouldn't. You write in riddles and expect me to go back and read yesterdays posts (like thats going to happen ).

Make your point. Just assume I'm really stupid instead of just a lazy bastard
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Make everyone who's a legitimate death target earn their entry by writing a book, having a movie made, or best yet, having a fatwa with their name on it.
Could you draw a cartoon rather than write a book?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:38 am
Lapine Member

Oh, and mexicans generally don't come to the US just to claim welfare - the comparison is not a valid one - not even close.
They *can't* claim welfare because there's hardly any for citizens, let alone non-citizens. That was my point. Perhaps there's less starvation in Albania but it has been a war zone. You don't see people coming from places with decent economies and a relatively safe and stable country. That's what people want, in general, and they'll do nearly anything to get it. I can't blame them.

Either dismantle the asylum programme which Britain is loathe to do since it is truly one of the last safe havens for people like Salmon Rushdie, or bear in mind that some people will try to use that programme as it's the only way to get in and work.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:40 am
Lapine Member

Originally Posted by Boiler
Could you draw a cartoon rather than write a book?
I guess a comic of bin Laden and 72 virgins, all in the nude and suitable for Playboy, might do it.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Its my keyboard again
I typed ass-kissin' instead of ass-kickin' yesterday as well as gum club instead of gun club

You are really on a roll!
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:42 am
Thinking about it

I can't blame them.

Either dismantle the asylum programme which Britain is loathe to do since it is truly one of the last safe havens for people like Salmon Rushdie, or bear in mind that some people will try to use that programme as it's the only way to get in and work.
They want to get something for nothing and steal benefit payments from the British state, and you can't blame them ???

You've completely missed the point here - a lot of them get in and do not work. How about this as an option - the asylum system that the UK currently his isn't scrapped, but its run as it was intended to be with out the interference of human rights groups and scumbag lawyers.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:46 am
Lapine Member

You've completely missed the point here - a lot of them get in and do not work. How about this as an option - the asylum system that the UK currently his isn't scrapped, but its run as it was intended to be with out the interference of human rights groups and scumbag lawyers.
Once they get in and have been put on benefits and not allowed to work for a while.... and then find that it's hard to get work without prior experience etc ....

If you have a political asylum programme it will be abused by those who cannot make a living in their home country. There are also plenty of citizens who lounge on the dole as well. I wonder what the ratio is?

These are all questions the US faced a long time ago and the de facto answer was to allow everyone in who was willing to come in undocumented, work for cheap, be victimised, and subject to deportation at any time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.