Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Wikiposts

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:25 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Its not a case of them overcoming us - its more a case of them defrauding the state which is already overstretched financially as it is.
Also as pointed out people who abuse the system do the cause of legitimate asylum seekers no good at all.
I don't think that anyone on this thread has said that immigration is a bad thing, just people who abuse the asylum system.

As for albanian pimps, I don't have exact figures, but there shouldn't be any in the UK, end of.

Well no one likes anyone exploiting people or being dishonest (well, except for multi-national corporations of course, but that's for another day). What I find manipulative and dishonest is the whipping up of fury and the exaggeration of the actual cost of the dishonest sector of immigrants. All countries who have immigration do this - it's a cynical move for power by those in whose interest it is to whip up public furore on the subject, does nothing to resolve the causes of the problem, and does immigrant populations as a whole far more damage than the Albanian pimps and their ilk.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:25 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Pretty much the entire population of what is now the UK arrived from somewhere else - Celts, Saxons, Romans, Danes, Normans, etc. etc. Nothing to get all worked up about.
To be fair, not many of them had valid visas and came uninvited .....
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:27 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
To be fair, not many of them had valid visas and came uninvited .....

Well there was no political will to have tough immigration controls in those days.

And did they ever take advantage of the State - all that pillaging.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:30 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Well there was no political will to have tough immigration controls in those days.

And did they ever take advantage of the State - all that pillaging.
The Battle of Hastings could be called an overly aggressive immigration policy, it depends on your perspective
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:33 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

What I find manipulative and dishonest is the whipping up of fury and the exaggeration of the actual cost of the dishonest sector of immigrants. All countries who have immigration do this - it's a cynical move for power by those in whose interest it is to whip up public furore on the subject, does nothing to resolve the causes of the problem, and does immigrant populations as a whole far more damage than the Albanian pimps and their ilk.
I suppose that we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but as for the whipping up of fury, well there is a legitimate problem in the UK - it is even acknowledged by the government - are you saying that pepole are being dishonest or manipulative in reporting the facts??
If the powers that be could deal with this then both genuine asylum seekers and the country at large would be better off - surely you can't disagree with that.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:35 am

The Battle of Hastings could be called an overly aggressive immigration policy, it depends on your perspective

Well yes, but did they all get jobs afterwards and pay taxes, that's the real question. And was there any pimping involved? And did they wear chain mail while doing it?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:35 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I have nothing against immigrants (being one myself) what I do dislike though is when there are several dozen of them running round Hull city center on the rampage with machetes trying to kill people and smash up property, and myself and a few colleagues have to persuade them its not a good idea.

And before you ask, no its not reported in the media as there was a media blackout on the events incase it caused racial hatred.

I also find it repugnent when an immigrant rapes 10 women in Leeds and then explains to the judge well its ok to do it in his country so he thought it was ok here.

Equally I used to find it distasteful when we had to track down local young girls who had been lured into immigrants homes and duped into taking drugs.

I also didnt like much the immigrants that would steal a car then drive them at vast speeds in suburban areas whil under the influence of drugs and drink with 0 insurance in order to commit burglaries, car jackings and muggings, often ending in drug hazed crashed killing and injuring innocent drivers and pedestrians.

No, Im not against immigrants, I am against the thieving, stealing drug pushing bastards that enter the country illigally then cause havoc and commit somewhere in the region of 70% of the crimes.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Feb 4th 2006 at 4:41 am.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:39 am

Well yes, but did they all get jobs afterwards and pay taxes, that's the real question. And was there any pimping involved? And did they wear chain mail while doing it?
Am I detecting an underlying medieval fetish? Post some pics will ya
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:40 am

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I suppose that we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, but as for the whipping up of fury, well there is a legitimate problem in the UK - it is even acknowledged by the government - are you saying that pepole are being dishonest or manipulative in reporting the facts??
Some people are, most definitely. Lies, damned lies, and statistics, remember? I'll google some sources later if you like. Is it being whipped up out of proportion? I would say yes. Are the sources of the problem - economic pressures, political instability, etc. being tackled? No. The issue is a political football more than anything else.

If the powers that be could deal with this then both genuine asylum seekers and the country at large would be better off - surely you can't disagree with that.
I don't disagree with that. I just despise the cynical manipulation of a human issue for political ends, and I resent the cynical manipulation of public opinion. If anyone wants to get the country worked up about something, surely there are more fundamental issues, such as decent housing, healthcare, education etc. for all?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:42 am

Am I detecting an underlying medieval fetish? Post some pics will ya

Isn't the Guinevere thread enough?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I have nothing against immigrants (being one myself)
Psst, can you type it all first and then post
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:45 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Psst, can you type it all first and then post
Sorry...distractions
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
No, Im not against immigrants, I am against the thieving, stealing drug pushing bastards that enter the country illigally then cause havoc and commit somewhere in the region of 70% of the crimes.
Source for this percentage please?

The crimes you mentioned are committed by all the human race all the world over. It was not brought to be UK by illegal immigrants. Legal immigrants and non-immigrants do exactly the same thing you know - if it's human behaviour we are judging here.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:52 am
Account Closed

Source for this percentage please?

The crimes you mentioned are committed by all the human race all the world over. It was not brought to be UK by illegal immigrants. Legal immigrants and non-immigrants do exactly the same thing you know - if it's human behaviour we are judging here.
I cant source it for you as most of this remains unpublished in order to prevent backlash. Not everything is for public consumption....just let me say that while there are certainly worthy deserving asylum seekers whom as a civilised country we have a duty to protect there are a lot of thieving scumbags that abuse it and use it. Trust me I have dealt with plenty personally.

Certainly we have our own home grown scum but that is no reason to accept more from overseas is it? An immigrant that has been accepted by a country has a duty to also accept the rules, laws and customs of that country...failure to do so is reason for deportation is it not?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 4:53 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Legal immigrants and non-immigrants do exactly the same thing you know - if it's human behaviour we are judging here.
True, but why if the UK has plenty of citizens capable of commiting serious crimes should it admit even more criminals. Defending law-breaking asylum seekers because some brits also break the law is hardly a great way to justify anything, is it ???
I really can't see how you can defend your stance on this matter, unless that is you disagree with many of the opinions expresssed on here simply because they would be perceived as being right wing, and not judging them on their own merits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.