Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Wikiposts

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:38 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Here you go. My original statement.

"Well no one likes anyone exploiting people or being dishonest (well, except for multi-national corporations of course, but that's for another day). What I find manipulative and dishonest is the whipping up of fury and the exaggeration of the actual cost of the dishonest sector of immigrants. All countries who have immigration do this - it's a cynical move for power by those in whose interest it is to whip up public furore on the subject, does nothing to resolve the causes of the problem, and does immigrant populations as a whole far more damage than the Albanian pimps and their ilk."

You were the one who then introduced this idea that via this statement I was condoning illegal or objectional behaviour.

Wha tabout the statement you subsequently posted that I have re-quoted repeatedly - please explain.
My problem with the post above is that you seem more concerned with people supposedly exaggerating the facts than actually tackling the problem. As you've proven wwe can argue about 'exaggeration' all day - its not going to stop hundreds of illegls coming into the UK every week, which is afterall the root of the problem, exaggerated or not.

I'll repost the contentious quote in a few minutes to remind you if you yet again fail to explain what exactly you meant by it, though I feel that your continual failure to answer the question at hand speaks for itself.
You'd make a 'good' Blair Babe if that makes you feel any better
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:42 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Wha tabout the statement you subsequently posted that I have re-quoted repeatedly - please explain.
My problem with the post above is that you seem more concerned with people supposedly exaggerating the facts than actually tackling the problem. As you've proven wwe can argue about 'exaggeration' all day - its not going to stop hundreds of illegls coming into the UK every week, which is afterall the root of the problem, exaggerated or not.

I'll repost the contentious quote in a few minutes to remind you if you yet again fail to explain what exactly you meant by it, though I feel that your continual failure to answer the question at hand speaks for itself.
You'd make a 'good' Blair Babe if that makes you feel any better
Blair has babes? Now there's an interesting thought.......... Trust a public school boy.

Illegal immigration is the root of the crime problem in the UK?

I think I'll go and make a fruit salad, it would be more rewarding.

Anyone seen any bananas about, there appears to be a shortage?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:49 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Blair has babes? Now there's an interesting thought.......... Trust a public school boy.

Illegal immigration is the root of the crime problem in the UK?

I think I'll go and make a fruit salad, it would be more rewarding.

Anyone seen any bananas about, there appears to be a shortage?
where did I say that illegal immigration is the root of the crime problem - it is the root of A crime problem, in fact it is de facto a crime in itself (that's why its termed illegal in case you were wondering).

Anyway, for what its worth here you go...
The crimes you mentioned are committed by all the human race all the world over. It was not brought to be UK by illegal immigrants. Legal immigrants and non-immigrants do exactly the same thing you know - if it's human behaviour we are judging here.
You had plenty of chances to clarify this statement, you haven't and that speaks volumes.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by elfman
Just a way of saying that people who aren't very widely read (and proud of it) don't always make the best decisions.
I read an awful lot. But its not the mass media pulp. Now if you have something useful or even interesting to add to this other than personal digs go ahead.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:58 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

where did I say that illegal immigration is the root of the crime problem - it is the root of A crime problem, in fact it is de facto a crime in itself (that's why its termed illegal in case you were wondering).

Anyway, for what its worth here you go...

You had plenty of chances to clarify this statement, you haven't and that speaks volumes.

Volumes of what? Like Dickens you mean?

I still don't understand what it is that you don't understand about the quote of mine that you keep putting up. What needs clarifying? It seems like the most simple of statements to me, but I can be quite thick sometimes, so if you can explain what needs explaining I'll be happy to oblige. Meanwhile, I have to go and take apart a 6' by 6' frame.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 7:59 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I read an awful lot. But its not the mass media pulp. Now if you have something useful or even interesting to add to this other than personal digs go ahead.
oookaay

then can I ask who or what in the world of any published media you do value or trust as a source of information or opinion?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:12 am
Thinking about it

Volumes of what? Like Dickens you mean?

I still don't understand what it is that you don't understand about the quote of mine that you keep putting up. What needs clarifying? It seems like the most simple of statements to me, but I can be quite thick sometimes, so if you can explain what needs explaining I'll be happy to oblige. Meanwhile, I have to go and take apart a 6' by 6' frame.
Why can't you answer the simplest of questions ???
At least have the decency to admit when you are in the wrong instead of making banal statements.
You stated that the crimes that I mentioned were not brought to the UK by illegal immigrants.
Now you can put two interpretations on this in my opinion.
1. 'That illegal immigrants did not carry on the crimes once they arrived to the UK' - this is rubbish
2. 'That illegal immigrants were not the first people in the UK to have committed said crimes - legal immigrants and UK citizens have been committing similar crimes for years.' - Big deal, so legal residents in the UK commit crime - what relevance does this have to the discussion - are you saying that it deosn't matter if illegal immigrants commit crime 'cos everyone else is at it already.

There - I think I've laid that out simply enough for even the dimest among us to understand. If you have another interpretation for your quote I'd love to hear it.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 8:46 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

oookaay

then can I ask who or what in the world of any published media you do value or trust as a source of information or opinion?
No.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:07 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

AWP -- you now live nearish Miami, where there's an awful lot of crime in drug trafficking and smuggling of all sorts, including a load of illegal immigration.

I'll assume you're no longer in the same line of work so don't have the first-hand experience, but surely Miami has more violence than Leeds?

The US "allows" illegal immigration to provide cheap labour and to a degree, they allow or condone drug trafficking so that rich college kids and celebrities aren't deprived of their blow. All down to those with money. Is the legal immigrant/asylum seeker excess down to the politically correct? I'd rather live in a society run by policy than money, but hey. If there's a connection to allowing in immigrants to the UK in order to financially exploit them (and I mean by British companies, not Albanian pimps) I'd like to know.

These are all honest questions, not rhetorical ones.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:13 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
No.
Alright then, can I go back to two earlier posts (157 and 164), where you said (regarding crime committed by immigrants):

its not reported in the media as there was a media blackout on the events incase it caused racial hatred.

and

I cant source it for you as most of this remains unpublished in order to prevent backlash.

Can I ask how this works? Are there powers or laws apart (from the official secrets act, which is surely not relevant here) which the government or police can use to stop newspapers or other media publishing stories or statistics about immigrant crime?

These allegations of a media blackout also surprise me because certain UK newspapers seem to devote huge amounts of column space to the misbahaviour of immigrants.
But then someone who reads ZERO newspapers might not spot that.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 9:53 am
Account Closed

Alright then, can I go back to two earlier posts (157 and 164), where you said (regarding crime committed by immigrants):

its not reported in the media as there was a media blackout on the events incase it caused racial hatred.

and

I cant source it for you as most of this remains unpublished in order to prevent backlash.

Can I ask how this works? Are there powers or laws apart (from the official secrets act, which is surely not relevant here) which the government or police can use to stop newspapers or other media publishing stories or statistics about immigrant crime?

These allegations of a media blackout also surprise me because certain UK newspapers seem to devote huge amounts of column space to the misbahaviour of immigrants.
But then someone who reads ZERO newspapers might not spot that.
You can quote what you like.

Believe it or not, not everything gets released into the public domain. But then again an intelligent man of the world like you would realise that....sadly I was just another number in the faceless world of such things, and as a poor uneducated non-paper reader I no nothing of the world.

Last edited by Angry White Pyjamas; Feb 4th 2006 at 10:16 am.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:01 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by snowbunny
AWP -- you now live nearish Miami, where there's an awful lot of crime in drug trafficking and smuggling of all sorts, including a load of illegal immigration.

I'll assume you're no longer in the same line of work so don't have the first-hand experience, but surely Miami has more violence than Leeds?

The US "allows" illegal immigration to provide cheap labour and to a degree, they allow or condone drug trafficking so that rich college kids and celebrities aren't deprived of their blow. All down to those with money. Is the legal immigrant/asylum seeker excess down to the politically correct? I'd rather live in a society run by policy than money, but hey. If there's a connection to allowing in immigrants to the UK in order to financially exploit them (and I mean by British companies, not Albanian pimps) I'd like to know.

These are all honest questions, not rhetorical ones.
Actually I've moved away from the Miami area but anyway....

No I am not privvy to classified information over here. I would assume there is more violence in the Miami area than Leeds, certainly. I have no idea what the underlying political agendas were or are - that wasnt anything to do with me. I would assume there are certain interests in the flow of illegal immigrants for sure. However I would consider its a lot more complicated than that given the politcal situation across Europe now.

However, I can tell a lot goes on which is not reported to the public (as much as some people may try to deny that). I have come across genuine asylum seekers simply looking to escape persecution and make a new life and I applaud them. I have also come across unfortunates who have been sold a lie by whatever crime gangs operate in their own country and have spent every last penny and risked life and limb to come to a nirvana which doesnt exist. And those I pity. However, in my travels, I have also come across many single young males looking for nothing more than to get in on some criminal action who have absolutely nothing genuine about them. And those I detest.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:10 am

Why can't you answer the simplest of questions ???
At least have the decency to admit when you are in the wrong instead of making banal statements.
You stated that the crimes that I mentioned were not brought to the UK by illegal immigrants.
Now you can put two interpretations on this in my opinion.
1. 'That illegal immigrants did not carry on the crimes once they arrived to the UK' - this is rubbish
2. 'That illegal immigrants were not the first people in the UK to have committed said crimes - legal immigrants and UK citizens have been committing similar crimes for years.' - Big deal, so legal residents in the UK commit crime - what relevance does this have to the discussion - are you saying that it deosn't matter if illegal immigrants commit crime 'cos everyone else is at it already.

There - I think I've laid that out simply enough for even the dimest among us to understand. If you have another interpretation for your quote I'd love to hear it.

"Dimmest" has two m's.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:16 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

"Dimmest" has two m's.
"Mississippi" has 4 s's, 4 i's, 2 p's and and 1 m.

Great comeback LIW, witty, concise and like a dagger through the heart of the argument
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
"Mississippi" has 4 s's, 4 i's, 2 p's and and 1 m.

Great comeback LIW, witty, concise and like a dagger through the heart of the argument

I haven't had my Absolut yet, it's not my fault.

And I can't actually find the argument to be honest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.