Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Wikiposts

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:16 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

I'm sorry. When I've had my shower I will wallow in Google for you.
Jello would be better, but if you insist
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:17 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Jello would be better, but if you insist

Can we compromise and settle on mud?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:18 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Can we compromise and settle on mud?
I'll get the paddling pool out then.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:19 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'll get the paddling pool out then.
Not if it's still snowing there.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:20 am

Not if it's still snowing there.
It's seems we've descended from the BNP to mud wrestling, I'll get me coat or should that be ascended?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:21 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Lion in Winter]

Show me where please.

What statement? Show me.
The crimes you mentioned are committed by all the human race all the world over. It was not brought to be UK by illegal immigrants. Legal immigrants and non-immigrants do exactly the same thing you know - if it's human behaviour we are judging here.
You seem to be saying that just because because crime existed in the UK before that its alright for illegal immigrants to bring more - if I've misunderstood please explain what you are actually on about.
You then go on to point out that legal immigrants and non-immigrants commit crime too - well that's very observant of you, but please explain the significance of this statement to me.

Parting shot from me - you seem to admit that there is an issue with illegal immigration into the UK, though you are convinced that reports are exaggerated. Well, if there is a problem why do you not want it to be fixed, instead you try to justify why it happens in the first place
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:22 am

It's seems we've descended from the BNP to mud wrestling, I'll get me coat or should that be ascended?

Ascended, definitely. And I wouldn't wear your coat in the mud, it'll be ruined.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:27 am

[BigDavyGQUOTE]You seem to be saying that just because because crime existed in the UK before that its alright for illegal immigrants to bring more -[/QUOTE]

Where?

if I've misunderstood please explain what you are actually on about.
Already did, several times. Politcal ends, cynical manipulations, blown out of proportion, etc. etc. etc. Check back up the thread.

You then go on to point out that legal immigrants and non-immigrants commit crime too - well that's very observant of you, but please explain the significance of this statement to me.

Simple. Crime and anti-social behaviour are not a function of immigrants and immigration, and it is an utter red herring to whip up fury against all immigrants because some of them commit crimes. Some of all of us commit crimes. (Special note. I am NOT excusing anti-social behaviour, I am describing it. Just before more confusion sets in.)

Parting shot from me - you seem to admit that there is an issue with illegal immigration into the UK, though you are convinced that reports are exaggerated. Well, if there is a problem why do you not want it to be fixed, instead you try to justify why it happens in the first place
There you go saying I'm excusing it again. Where?

Also, where did I say that I did not want it to be fixed?

What does "fix" mean to you? What do you propose?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:43 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Do you believe everything written in the Telegraph?
How many paper quotes have you seen me post?

I read precisely ZERO newspapers. Most everything I write is my own opinion formed from my own experiences.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas

I read precisely ZERO newspapers. Most everything I write is my own opinion formed from my own experiences.

Got it. Sometimes, though, one's personal experience doesn't give one a wide-enough base of knowledge. Hundreds of years worth of readers, writers and thinkers, all of whom also had experiences, are worth consulting. The same goes for our contemporaries. I have plenty of respect for personal experience - I use what I have seen and experienced in Mexico and Guatemala to argue against so many of the foolish prejudices against immigrants from those places in this country. But there is a wider field, too, than what I have managed to personally see in my years on the planet.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:11 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Got it. Sometimes, though, one's personal experience doesn't give one a wide-enough base of knowledge. Hundreds of years worth of readers, writers and thinkers, all of whom also had experiences, are worth consulting. The same goes for our contemporaries. I have plenty of respect for personal experience - I use what I have seen and experienced in Mexico and Guatemala to argue against so many of the foolish prejudices against immigrants from those places in this country. But there is a wider field, too, than what I have managed to personally see in my years on the planet.
I absolutely agree about the wider perspective, but I try to gain that from other peoples personal experiences rather than mass media which always has an agenda of one sort of another. Even the ones I agree with I treat with distrust.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:14 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
You seem to be saying that just because because crime existed in the UK before that its alright for illegal immigrants to bring more -
Where?
Seems pretty clear to me - though you can have one last chance - what was the point of you making the statement below...
The crimes you mentioned are committed by all the human race all the world over. It was not brought to be UK by illegal immigrants. Legal immigrants and non-immigrants do exactly the same thing you know - if it's human behaviour we are judging here.
Whether they brought it to the UK or not is irrelevant - whether or not they do it in the UK is.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:15 am

I absolutely agree about the wider perspective, but I try to gain that from other peoples personal experiences rather than mass media which always has an agenda of one sort of another. Even the ones I agree with I treat with distrust.

Distrust is perfectly healthy. We just have to read, gather information, think, analyse for ourselves. Media have agendas. Equally, not everything they publish is lies. We, as intelligent thinking people, must read widely and assess. It is also important to know what is being published in itself, otherwise one doesn't know what those agendas are, and they are worth keeping an eye on if we are to be informed citizens.

Banana?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:16 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

How many paper quotes have you seen me post?

Just like George Bush.
Except your experiences sound a little more varied and down to earth than Bush's, which prior to being selected president seem to have consisted mostly of getting pissed and having his dad's rich mates bail out his failing businesses.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Seems pretty clear to me - though you can have one last chance - what was the point of you making the statement below...

Whether they brought it to the UK or not is irrelevant - whether or not they do it in the UK is.

No, sorry, still not seeing where I said illegal behaviour was ok.

I expect I'm just dense, don't worry about me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.