Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Wikiposts

Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are These The Most Loathsome Men In Britain?

Originally Posted by elfman
Can I ask how this works? Are there powers or laws apart (from the official secrets act, which is surely not relevant here) which the government or police can use to stop newspapers or other media publishing stories or statistics about immigrant crime?
Bit behind now !! but the UK.goverment can still issue a D notice against any reporting/publication... that is not in the public good .. as far as I know ..
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:32 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Bit behind now !! but the UK.goverment can still issue a D notice against any reporting/publication... that is not in the public good .. as far as I know ..
Just for you Ray...
http://www.dnotice.org.uk/
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:35 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Just for you Ray...
Isn't it wonderful that in a democratic society, you can always count on reading the minutes of a meeting, talking about the things we shouldn't be talking about
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:35 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Just for you Ray...
National security ..I like that .. its amazing what in the past was considered national security ..

And its voluntary ... yere course it was ... .....
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:44 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
At the link Gruff provided it says D-notices cover:

Military operations, plans, and capabilities
Nuclear & non-nuclear weapons & equipment
Ciphers and secure communications
Sensitive installations and home addresses
UK security & intelligence services & special services

Not sure how you could use any of these to suppress the number of crimes committed by illegal immigrants.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:45 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Not sure how you could use any of these to suppress the number of crimes committed by illegal immigrants.
And?
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:49 am
Ray

Will cover everything you could possibly think off...
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:51 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And?
1.I asked how what mechanisms/powers are used to suppress immigrant crime stats.
2.Ray responded by mentioning that the govt can issue D notices.
3.I responded to that by saying that crime stats don't seem to be covered by D notices.

So the question in 1. remains unanswered.

Originally Posted by Ray
Paragraph 6, Ray

http://www.dnotice.org.uk/articles_speeches.htm#1
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
"Dimmest" has two m's.

Way to dodge the qustion yet again - sadly predictable

Its a shame though LIW - originally i thought that you were capable of holding a conversation vrging on the intelligent.
Ah well, you live and learn, eh

Last edited by BigDavyG; Feb 4th 2006 at 10:53 am.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:53 am
A lion in your lap

Originally Posted by Ray
Hmmm.
DA notice 5 (UK security & intelligence services & special services) quite specific in what it covers:

(a) specific covert operations, sources and methods of the Security Service, SIS and GCHQ, and those involved with them, including the Special Forces, the application of those methods, including the interception of communications, and their targets; the same applies to those engaged on counter-terrorist operations;

(b) the identities, whereabouts and tasks of people who are or have been employed by these services or engaged on such work, including details of their families and home addresses, and any other information, including photographs, which could assist terrorist or other hostile organisations to identify a target;

(c) addresses and telephone numbers used by these services, except those now made public.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 10:59 am
Ray

Hmmm.
DA notice 5 (UK security & intelligence services & special services) quite specific in what it covers:
As I say I am 10+ years behind nowadays... but I still believe if neccessary ..
they will fit it in somewhere.... I read about it in The Sun....
Old Feb 4th 2006, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Ray
As I say I am 10+ years behind nowadays... but I still believe if neccessary ..
they will fit it in somewhere.... I read about it in The Sun....
And they're testing alien spaceships at Area 51.
Old Feb 4th 2006, 11:05 am
Ray

And they're testing alien spaceships at Area 51.
I'm not sure about about that ..
I'll ask the MIL she is from the planet Zod...
Old Feb 4th 2006, 11:39 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG

Way to dodge the qustion yet again - sadly predictable

Its a shame though LIW - originally i thought that you were capable of holding a conversation vrging on the intelligent.
Ah well, you live and learn, eh

Tsk, tsk, now you're getting all upset and personal.

I recommend Absolut, I really do. Much better than yawning smilies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.