Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Relaxing Gun Control

Relaxing Gun Control

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:59 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relaxing Gun Control

Originally Posted by mrken30
Same as anything else in life. I don't like cockles, so I don't buy them
I've found that any type of sea food seems to do something for my libido
Old Mar 4th 2017, 12:07 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I've found that any type of sea food seems to do something for my libido
TMI..and I thought this was a serious guy thread
Old Mar 4th 2017, 12:33 am

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I own a couple of handguns and a .22 Ruger for target shooting. I don't see any sense however in a person wanting to own a high powered assault weapon. If you want to own such a weapon free of charge join the army and volunteer for special forces in Syria. It's better than just target shooting, you get to shoot at real people and they shoot back... much more fun and much more challenging !

The problem with the NRA is that they are totally against any form of gun control. Every time anyone tries to pass a law that makes sense in restricting the types of weapons that should be available they start acting as if it will all lead to a mass confiscation of everyone's firearms and the repeal of the Second Amendment. All that's necessary is a bit of common sense and sanity but with Trump that's not likely to happen.
You feel your .22 is OK - so is that in a revolver or a scary "semi automatic"? Please specify the caliber at which you wish to draw the line. Are guns painted black discriminated against, I mean, are pink guns less scary?

"Assault Weapon", "semi automatic", "arsenal of weapons", "big scary black gun". I find the way the media can whip up the paranoid in to a frenzy amusing, yet depressing.

As for your 2nd question. Why on earth would the NRA concede any point? Really? Why?
Old Mar 4th 2017, 1:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

In many countries, this country very much included what some believe to be a government of democratic principles others see it as a tyranny, all of course depending on their individual political beliefs.
Therefore the weapon of defending against real tyranny and not fanciful tyranny is the vote. The people have spoken... so let it be.
So one of these?

Seems like most options are in stock as guns sales have plummeted since Obama's departure.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 1:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by thinbrit
You feel your .22 is OK - so is that in a revolver or a scary "semi automatic"? Please specify the caliber at which you wish to draw the line. Are guns painted black discriminated against, I mean, are pink guns less scary?

"Assault Weapon", "semi automatic", "arsenal of weapons", "big scary black gun". I find the way the media can whip up the paranoid in to a frenzy amusing, yet depressing.

As for your 2nd question. Why on earth would the NRA concede any point? Really? Why?
I am going to guess it is one of these bad boys. Semi auto, bad, not sure about the colour.

Old Mar 4th 2017, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Even the UK allows a .22 semi automatic scary black "assault rifle" with extended mag and suppressor.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:10 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I've fired more weaponry than you'll ever hope to do, everything from 105 MM Howitzers to .50 Caliber machine guns to the FN NATO standard issue assault rifle to a Colt 45 courtesy of HM Forces so there's no need to make me out as some kind of wilting wallflower.

I guess though being a Brit and coming from a country where guns with any serious firepower are hard to come by it must seem like Christmastime when you get here and there's all these wonderful new bang bangs to buy and own
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by tom169
Even the UK allows a .22 semi automatic scary black "assault rifle" with extended mag and suppressor.
Well there's a certain school of thought that the bigger and badder gun a guy owns the longer his pecker is.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:41 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler
https://prod01-cdn05.cdn.firstlook.o...-464187784.jpg

So one of these?

Seems like most options are in stock as guns sales have plummeted since Obama's departure.
Hey our President ! What a guy ! But being a Vietnam draft dodger does he know one end from the other on that piece he's holding ?
Old Mar 4th 2017, 3:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hey our President ! What a guy ! But being a Vietnam draft dodger ....
Charging a president with being a draft dodger is getting a bit tired - the last President with bona fide military service was Bush Sr. In any case, were it not for President Trump's age there wouldn't have been a draft for him to dodge. I think the youngest man alive today who has ever been drafted, or dodged it, must be 56-57ish.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 4:19 am
Account Closed

Not sure if anybody is familiar with Ken Burns, he did The Civil War documentary (American).

Shelby Foote appeared on it, always liked his stuff, and I remember he mentioned at one point that the North fought with one had tied behind their back, and how few of the Northern elite were actually involved in the fighting. Basically life went on as normal.

Since then the US establishment, unlike many others, has usually avoided any significant involvement in fighting. Obviously there are a few noted exceptions.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 4:42 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

If I was looking to defend democracy against a tyrannical Government then I have the wrong guns.

Hmmm, well that makes me wonder, what would you recommend?
Howitzer?
Old Mar 4th 2017, 4:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Howitzer?
Not sure I could pick one up?
Old Mar 4th 2017, 4:52 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I could pick one up?
Maybe less guns and more weights and you won't have that problem. I mean, do you even lift?
Old Mar 4th 2017, 4:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Maybe less guns and more weights and you won't have that problem. I mean, do you even lift?
I certainly do:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.