Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Relaxing Gun Control

Relaxing Gun Control

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 4:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relaxing Gun Control

Originally Posted by lizzyq
This must be a record breaking post for length from Boiler .....
Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
..... I was thinking the same thing. ....
Yeah, well the bulk is copied and pasted but the 13 original words is going some for him.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 4:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I was thinking the same thing.

Mind you there is nothing like a gun thread to get most of these guys frantically posting away..
This is serious stuff, not the usual girl talk. Deserves proper consideration .
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 6:47 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

There's so much bullsheete about the right to own guns in this country that it's laughable. I can always understand the reason for having a well armed civilian militia back in 1776-1789 or the need for guns for defence and food supply during the years of the great expansion westward but when I hear someone say that the right to own a firearm is a defence against tyrannical government this is nothing but a joke.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 6:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dc koop
the right to own a firearm is a defence against tyrannical government this is nothing but a joke.
Fortunately for Trump the areas most against him have the strictest regulations.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

There's so much bullsheete about the right to own guns in this country that it's laughable. I can always understand the reason for having a well armed civilian militia back in 1776-1789 or the need for guns for defence and food supply during the years of the great expansion westward but when I hear someone say that the right to own a firearm is a defence against tyrannical government this is nothing but a joke.
That maybe your opinion, others are entitled to have theirs.

Verdict In Katrina Shooting Buoys Police Reform : NPR

Also the emergency services can be overwhelmed as was seen in the London riots.

Last edited by mrken30; Mar 3rd 2017 at 7:07 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:02 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Fortunately for Trump the areas most against him have the strictest regulations.
It doesn't matter about what you call regulations. The idea that millions of citizens who shop at Walmart, drink Bud, watch the Sunday football games and live in suburban homes or townhouses would find it necessary to take to the streets, take up arms against anyone in elected government is patently ridiculous.
It's now wonder Disneyland originated in America
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mrken30
That maybe your opinion, others are entitled to have theirs.

Verdict In Katrina Shooting Buoys Police Reform : NPR
A case like Katrina is hardly relevant to the point I was making
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:06 pm
Account Closed

It doesn't matter about what you call regulations. The idea that millions of citizens who shop at Walmart, drink Bud, watch the Sunday football games and live in suburban homes or townhouses would find it necessary to take to the streets, take up arms against anyone in elected government is patently ridiculous.
It's now wonder Disneyland originated in America
We can agree on the Bud.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

A case like Katrina is hardly relevant to the point I was making
But it happens. A lot of people in the US live in disaster zones. When the sh*t hits, the Government won't be there to help you.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:20 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by mrken30
But it happens. A lot of people in the US live in disaster zones. When the sh*t hits, the Government won't be there to help you.
In the case of Katrina there existed government support but it was ineffective because of incompetence. President Bush Jnr that master of bad judgment and bad decisions had appointed a man whose job it was to take charge of such disasters but who was completely unqualified to hold that post. The Governor of Louisiana seemed to have suffered a brain freeze at the same time.
Many people in N.O chose to ignore warnings of the coming hurricane and became stranded when it did hit. Roving gangs broke into gun stores and when police tried to bring food, medicine and other supplies by chopper to the several thousand who had taken refuge in the Saints football team stadium they were fired on by armed thugs on the ground. Add to that was the desertion of a large number of police officers.

When I mentioned that one of the reasons to justify the right of everyone to own a gun on the grounds of defending democracy against tyranny which I repeat again is a ridiculous notion this has no connection with Katrina and the collapse of law and order and government function on the grounds of sheer incompetence and nothing else
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:20 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

when I hear someone say that the right to own a firearm is a defence against tyrannical government this is nothing but a joke.
Some make that claim, others claim general self defense, others that it is simply an inalienable right, there are many reasons people own guns. Every individual has their own view on owning guns.

I don't own guns as a defence against a tyrannical government, I own them because I enjoy shooting them, I enjoy collecting them, and I am legally allowed to do so. I also carry for personal protection.

It is fairly simple. If you don't like guns, then don't buy one.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

If I was looking to defend democracy against a tyrannical Government then I have the wrong guns.

Hmmm, well that makes me wonder, what would you recommend?
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by thinbrit
Some make that claim, others claim general self defense, others that it is simply an inalienable right, there are many reasons people own guns. Every individual has their own view on owning guns.

I don't own guns as a defence against a tyrannical government, I own them because I enjoy shooting them, I enjoy collecting them, and I am legally allowed to do so. I also carry for personal protection.

Same as anything else in life. I don't like cockles, so I don't buy them
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:42 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by thinbrit

I own a couple of handguns and a .22 Ruger for target shooting. I don't see any sense however in a person wanting to own a high powered assault weapon. If you want to own such a weapon free of charge join the army and volunteer for special forces in Syria. It's better than just target shooting, you get to shoot at real people and they shoot back... much more fun and much more challenging !

The problem with the NRA is that they are totally against any form of gun control. Every time anyone tries to pass a law that makes sense in restricting the types of weapons that should be available they start acting as if it will all lead to a mass confiscation of everyone's firearms and the repeal of the Second Amendment. All that's necessary is a bit of common sense and sanity but with Trump that's not likely to happen.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 10:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Boiler
If I was looking to defend democracy against a tyrannical Government then I have the wrong guns.

Hmmm, well that makes me wonder, what would you recommend?
In many countries, this country very much included what some believe to be a government of democratic principles others see it as a tyranny, all of course depending on their individual political beliefs.
Therefore the weapon of defending against real tyranny and not fanciful tyranny is the vote. The people have spoken... so let it be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.