Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Relaxing Gun Control

Wikiposts

Relaxing Gun Control

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:02 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relaxing Gun Control

Originally Posted by Boiler
That's what's called a post-workout supplement.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:08 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Charging a president with being a draft dodger is getting a bit tired - the last President with bona fide military service was Bush Sr. In any case, were it not for President Trump's age there wouldn't have been a draft for him to dodge. I think the youngest man alive today who has ever been drafted, or dodged it, must be 56-57ish.
Bill Clinton was of draft age at the time of Vietnam. He may or may not have done things to avoid the draft but he didn't get us into a war nor did he pose as some kind of Warrior king as our current President likes to portray himself. George Bush Jnr got his father to get him into the Texas Air National Guard, a reserve unit that was never scheduled to be deployed to Vietnam. Obama was obviously born too late for the draft.

I've no bone to pick with anyone who for one reason or another avoided the draft. There were plenty of them in the streets of Montreal panhandling for small change when I lived there.

What I do despise is someone who avoided the draft and now shoots his big mouth off about how wonderful our military is and fawns over military men who like Marine General Mad Dog Mattis a soldier who genuinely believed in serving his country and served it honourably.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Plans for tomorrow have changed, bit worried about the size my woodpile but still a lot of snow in the trees.

May need Mr P and his Stihl.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:15 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Plans for tomorrow have changed, bit worried about the size my woodpile but still a lot of snow in the trees.
That sounds a bit rude.

Use an axe, like a real man. You know, like these fellows:

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:17 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Army surplus howitzer. Takes care of the snow and plenty of firewood to boot
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:23 pm
Banned

America and it's love affair with guns. Was history altered for the worse by a deranged former Marine sharpshooter who purchased a 25 dollar Mannlicher-Carcano carbine from a guns and ammo catalog?

Was it a Remington 30.06 fired at a man standing on the balcony of a motel in Memphis which led us down the path of hate and disunity for decades to follow?
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:32 pm
Banned

I'd like to give Wayne La Pierre a .38 and confine him to the neighbourhoods of south side Chicago for a month
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:37 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by dc koop
I'd like to give Wayne La Pierre a .38 and confine him to the neighbourhoods of south side Chicago for a month
I was in the South Side today. I didn't get shot
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I was in the South Side today. I didn't get shot
That's because you had a howitzer
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 5:58 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
TMI..and I thought this was a serious guy thread
Owners of .22 Ruger rifles need twice the amount of libido increasing foods that owners of big bad black scary assault weapons do.

Result of a recent NRA study.
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 6:05 pm
I have a comma problem

That's because you had a howitzer
That was just the way my trousers ruck up.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 1:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... May need Mr P and his Stihl.
Boiler, I worry about your memory.

I was worried earlier this week about an expected supply of timber suitable for firewood becoming available, but everything remained standing, including the leaning, hung-up pine that I have been hoping for at least five years, that an ice storm would take care of. It creaked and groaned a good bit though!

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 4th 2017 at 1:33 am.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

In the case of Katrina there existed government support but it was ineffective because of incompetence. President Bush Jnr that master of bad judgment and bad decisions had appointed a man whose job it was to take charge of such disasters but who was completely unqualified to hold that post. The Governor of Louisiana seemed to have suffered a brain freeze at the same time.
Many people in N.O chose to ignore warnings of the coming hurricane and became stranded when it did hit. Roving gangs broke into gun stores and when police tried to bring food, medicine and other supplies by chopper to the several thousand who had taken refuge in the Saints football team stadium they were fired on by armed thugs on the ground. Add to that was the desertion of a large number of police officers.

When I mentioned that one of the reasons to justify the right of everyone to own a gun on the grounds of defending democracy against tyranny which I repeat again is a ridiculous notion this has no connection with Katrina and the collapse of law and order and government function on the grounds of sheer incompetence and nothing else
I feel so much better now. We have such a competent administration, nothing can ever go wrong.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Boiler, I worry about your memory.

I was worried earlier this week about an expected supply of timber suitable for firewood becoming available, but everything remained standing, including the leaning, hung-up pine that I have been hoping for at least five years, that an ice storm would take care of. It creaked and groaned a good bit though!
I probably need at least 2 more truck loads, supposed to be getting warm, but 10F when I came down this morning. Dead standing pine would be fine.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
That was just the way my trousers ruck up.
Did you take one of these along? Who needs guns when you can have your very own robocop.

Home • Knightscope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.