Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 27th 2016, 2:56 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
meal option of fried Octopus or a sandwich
That'll bring on the turbulence.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:03 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Air Canada just edges out BA for in flight entertainment though.
I've only flown with Air Canada once, which was London to Montreal... when waiting for the toilet to be free, I struck up a conversation with one of the stewards who said he was new to the job and was one of his first times doing the safety demonstration. I cracked a joke about the refund policy if the flight turned into a cruise over the Atlantic and he really didn't find it funny. Service went downhill after that.

I'd be interested to try WestJet or Porter going to Toronto, I love the YouTube xmas videos WestJet do that makes it look like they might actually care.

Originally Posted by Nutek
That'll bring on the turbulence.
Zing.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:09 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

I've only flown with Air Canada once, which was London to Montreal... when waiting for the toilet to be free, I struck up a conversation with one of the stewards who said he was new to the job and was one of his first times doing the safety demonstration. I cracked a joke about the refund policy if the flight turned into a cruise over the Atlantic and he really didn't find it funny. Service went downhill after that.
Ah, yes, he probably wouldn't have appreciated that one.

I'd be interested to try WestJet or Porter going to Toronto, I love the YouTube xmas videos WestJet do that makes it look like they might actually care
I flew on WestJet on the way back from Canada. It was OK - pretty similar to Southwest if you've flown them. No IFE, no free food, just a plane, some seats, two engines and a couple of pilots. Also avionics, landing gear, cargo hold ... ah, sod it.

But what got me was the first flight, a 6am takeoff, and the bloody flight attendant doing the safety announcements was trying to crack all these cheesy jokes. Wasn't funny at all, just cringey. I wish I could remember some of them but I was too busy (unsuccessfully) trying to go to sleep, since I'd been awake since 10am the previous day.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I should stop reading this forum at work, sometimes it is so funny, almost better than watching Mr Bean.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:18 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, yes, he probably wouldn't have appreciated that one.
Yeah, not everyone shares my sense of humor it seems.

No IFE, no free food, just a plane, some seats, two engines and a couple of pilots. Also avionics, landing gear, cargo hold ... ah, sod it.
I'm not seeing a toilet. Did they provide empty bottles or is that a premium service?

But what got me was the first flight, a 6am takeoff, and the bloody flight attendant doing the safety announcements was trying to crack all these cheesy jokes. Wasn't funny at all, just cringey.
Could be worse, I hear Virgin America used to do the safety dance from their video down the corridor on certain flights. Bose headphones to the rescue.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think if I just reserve seats for me an the Mrs, they will automatically move the kids next to us, or would they make us give up the seat reservations?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not seeing a toilet. Did they provide empty bottles or is that a premium service?
Isn't that what the bag in the seat pocket was for?
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Like the Hudson river cruise
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, not everyone shares my sense of humor it seems.
Just don't try it out on immigration officials. My dad apparently tried that on a recent visit. Checking out his passport and he says "Don't worry, I'm not a murderer." According to my sister you could hear a pin drop ...

Of course there's a bog. It's on the wing.

Could be worse, I hear Virgin America used to do the safety dance from their video down the corridor on certain flights. Bose headphones to the rescue.
Now that song is stuck in my head.

Originally Posted by mrken30
Do you think if I just reserve seats for me an the Mrs, they will automatically move the kids next to us, or would they make us give up the seat reservations?
If you're lucky, they'll seat them somewhere else on the plane ...
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:27 pm
Sasstronaut

Probably not, Airlines strive to split up families. Pretty sure that the engines gain extra thrust from the tears of passengers.

You could try and be extra nice to the check-in person though.

Isn't that what the bag in the seat pocket was for?
Are those things even waterproof? I suspect one batch of turbulence and you have a perfect recipe for something between a Japanese prank show and Fear the Walking Dead Flight 462
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe it was a Gerard Depardieu flight
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Probably not, Airlines strive to split up families. Pretty sure that the engines gain extra thrust from the tears of passengers.

You could try and be extra nice to the check-in person though.
If I'm nice do you think they will seat my kids at the back. I am dreading taking a 4 year old and a 1 year old on the plane. Any suggesting would be welcome.

Kids on planes used to annoy me so much, now I'm sympathetic.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:34 pm
Sasstronaut

Now that song is stuck in my head.
The robot rap is the best part. Or are you talking about the 80's song?

Just don't try it out on immigration officials. My dad apparently tried that on a recent visit. Checking out his passport and he says "Don't worry, I'm not a murderer." According to my sister you could hear a pin drop ...
Yeah I've always been as well behaved as possible with immigration as I don't think I can wink my way out of being sent to secondary. I've been watching a documentary on Netflix about Canadian/US immigration. Very interesting what people think they can casually take over the border without a care in the world.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:40 pm
I have a comma problem

The robot rap is the best part. Or are you talking about the 80's song?
I was talking about Men Without Hats from the 80s. I don't know any other version.

Yeah I've always been as well behaved as possible with immigration as I don't think I can wink my way out of being sent to secondary. I've been watching a documentary on Netflix about Canadian/US immigration. Very interesting what people think they can casually take over the border without a care in the world.
Just not worth joking around with those guys. If they're causal with me, then I'll respond but otherwise I speak when spoken to. Going to and from Canada this year was a breeze though, they barely looked at me each time.
Old Oct 27th 2016, 4:47 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

You can dance if we want to
You can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance
And if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine.

/Helpful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.