Pet Peeves?

Old Oct 28th 2016, 11:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
I've only flown with Air Canada once, which was London to Montreal... when waiting for the toilet to be free, I struck up a conversation with one of the stewards who said he was new to the job and was one of his first times doing the safety demonstration. I cracked a joke about the refund policy if the flight turned into a cruise over the Atlantic and he really didn't find it funny. Service went downhill after that.

I'd be interested to try WestJet or Porter going to Toronto, I love the YouTube xmas videos WestJet do that makes it look like they might actually care.

Zing.
If flying Toronto/NYC we always fly Porter. I once flew Westjet to Vegas...never again...but probably ok for a short hop.
Old Oct 29th 2016, 6:00 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
If flying Toronto/NYC we always fly Porter. I once flew Westjet to Vegas...never again...but probably ok for a short hop.
Was that to Billy Bishop?
Old Oct 29th 2016, 10:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginnyc
Was that to Billy Bishop?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Road works in town mean I've been going up the hill across town to get about.

Every day, there's the 20mph flashing lights for the stupid school zone.

All day.

Annoying because the school closed 4 years ago and they never rezoned it and the cops like to play peek-a-boo from the carpark :/
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Road works in town mean I've been going up the hill across town to get about.

Every day, there's the 20mph flashing lights for the stupid school zone.

All day.

Annoying because the school closed 4 years ago and they never rezoned it and the cops like to play peek-a-boo from the carpark. .....
I'd be speaking to someone on the council about such nonsense.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:45 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I'd be speaking to someone on the council about such nonsense.
I admire your optimism that they'd be prepared to give up a prime revenue generating zone.

Next they'll be trying to tell you that red light cameras are for safety ...
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
I admire your optimism that they'd be prepared to give up a prime revenue generating zone.

Next they'll be trying to tell you that red light cameras are for safety ...
NC doesn't have either red light or static speed cameras.

Last edited by Pulaski; Nov 14th 2016 at 9:58 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 9:57 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
NC doesn't have either red light or speed cameras.
I've not seen any speed cameras (though I have seen signs that say 'speed monitored by aircraft ). There are a handful of red light cameras though, but a lot of them are being removed from where they once were, so maybe there's hope.

One got me turning right one morning because I apparently didn't stop long enough, so now I just sit there and piss everybody off until they turn green because I care more about my $100.00 than their being on time.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 5:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Random roads done by the town with no warning. Yesterday, they closed our road off, we're on a "u" bend off the main road and I couldn't get the car out during the day but luckily didn't need it.

The digger did spend the whole afternoon going back and forth, so heard the beep all afternoon long. Right in front of my window where I was working. That was fun.

Today, they've moved the road closed sign to just beside our drive way so at least I can get out today. As long as I can avoid the massive hole in the road.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

I've not seen any speed cameras (though I have seen signs that say 'speed monitored by aircraft ). There are a handful of red light cameras though, but a lot of them are being removed from where they once were, so maybe there's hope.

One got me turning right one morning because I apparently didn't stop long enough, so now I just sit there and piss everybody off until they turn green because I care more about my $100.00 than their being on time.
My SIL got pulled over by a cop for doing that. It's not illegal so no citation. I assume the cop thought something was wrong because 95% people will turn right on a red if the road is clear. I bet she was on her phone though.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 5:56 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by mrken30
My SIL got pulled over by a cop for doing that. It's not illegal so no citation. I assume the cop thought something was wrong because 95% people will turn right on a red if the road is clear. I bet she was on her phone though.
Probably making sure she wasn't asleep or something.

Makes sense if there's a camera though, not worth the risk of a fine.
Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably making sure she wasn't asleep or something.

Makes sense if there's a camera though, not worth the risk of a fine.
I think you are supposed to count to 3 after stopping at a stop sign/ red light
Old Nov 17th 2016, 6:23 pm
I have a comma problem

I heard five seconds but honestly I tend to just sit at the one by me until my light actually turns green. I've noticed a lot of other people do that as well, so we're all kind of in it together
Old Nov 18th 2016, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

I can rattle off '1, 2, 3' quicker than an auctioneer if there's a 20 yard gap in the traffic.
Old Nov 22nd 2016, 4:45 pm
I have a comma problem

The practice of copying half the world in an email thread. If you want to use an email to have a passive-aggressive dig at another member of staff who had absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed, don't drag me into it, especially if you're not going to include their supervisor.

I will shut that shit down right quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.