Pet Peeves?

Old Nov 23rd 2016, 2:17 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
The practice of copying half the world in an email thread. If you want to use an email to have a passive-aggressive dig at another member of staff who had absolutely nothing to do with what was being discussed, don't drag me into it, especially if you're not going to include their supervisor.

I will shut that shit down right quick.
Ah, and conversely, people who are members of a shared email group, who insist you copy them personally if you want a response. Clueless.
Old Nov 23rd 2016, 1:40 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
Ah, and conversely, people who are members of a shared email group, who insist you copy them personally if you want a response. Clueless.
Or people that use 'reply all' to a group email to provide a completely irrelevant response and waste everyone's time.

My main objection to what happened yesterday was my response to their question being used as an opportunity to make an example of a colleague who really had nothing to do with what we were talking about. Someone starts dragging me in to an attempt to generate drama and I'll squash that attempt before it even starts.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 1:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Cucking funts who buy up all the newly released items just before Christmas and then charge 400% markups on them.

My daughter wanted granny to buy her a hatchimal for Christmas. Can you find one for less than $250.00? No. Also, I wanted to get my wife an NES Classic because she loves the old games. Brilliant idea for a gift, I thought to myself, and what do you know - every single one of them is gone and the cheapest one on Amazon was $200.00.

**** every single one of the people who did that. I hope they drown in a bucket of ebola-laced AIDS.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:14 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Cucking funts who buy up all the newly released items just before Christmas and then charge 400% markups on them.
Or at any time of the year. A while ago Target had a special line by Missoni that my friend was interested in. She went to the store the morning that it went on sale, and there were a bunch of women just grabbing rack-fulls of clothes and tossing them into their carts. It sold out immediately and she couldn't get one sweater!
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:23 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Or at any time of the year. A while ago Target had a special line by Missoni that my friend was interested in. She went to the store the morning that it went on sale, and there were a bunch of women just grabbing rack-fulls of clothes and tossing them into their carts. It sold out immediately and she couldn't get one sweater!
Yeah, I guess it isn't isolated to Christmas, it's just that's when I noticed it this year. When I bulk buy shit that's on sale, it's for personal use (normally it's bottled water, so I'm hardly high impact but still )

I think the worst thing is people paying the markups, this encouraging the activity to continue. Especially now I've got to come up with a whole other awesome present idea for my wife. And I'm really, really shit at coming up with ideas for presents
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:26 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I guess it isn't isolated to Christmas, it's just that's when I noticed it this year. When I bulk buy shit that's on sale, it's for personal use (normally it's bottled water, so I'm hardly high impact but still )

I think the worst thing is people paying the markups, this encouraging the activity to continue. Especially now I've got to come up with a whole other awesome present idea for my wife. And I'm really, really shit at coming up with ideas for presents
off topic... but on a uk dental forum the guys started asking for christmas pressie ideas for their wives/girlfriends. Apparently , the newly opened Leeds Pandora shop was like a dental convention the day after that was recommended.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:45 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
off topic... but on a uk dental forum the guys started asking for christmas pressie ideas for their wives/girlfriends. Apparently , the newly opened Leeds Pandora shop was like a dental convention the day after that was recommended.
There is that. My wife's not much of a jewelry person, beyond her wedding ring, so there's also that

I always manage to come up with something. Usually I've come up with and bought said things before December 1st though. I'm slipping this year.

I, on the other hand, am remarkably easy to buy for. Just ask for a link to my Amazon wishlists and have at it
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:47 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
on a uk dental forum the guys started asking for christmas pressie ideas for their wives/girlfriends.
Lion shooting expedition?
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:48 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

There is that. My wife's not much of a jewelry person, beyond her wedding ring, so there's also that

I always manage to come up with something. Usually I've come up with and bought said things before December 1st though. I'm slipping this year.

I, on the other hand, am remarkably easy to buy for. Just ask for a link to my Amazon wishlists and have at it
The NES is a great idea. Hopefully you can find one.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:57 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Nutek
The NES is a great idea. Hopefully you can find one.
I refuse to pay more than the sticker price of $59.99 for it. If that means it has to wait for her birthday, or next Christmas, so be it but there's no way I'm playing that game.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 2:58 pm

I refuse to pay more than the sticker price of $59.99 for it. If that means it has to wait for her birthday, or next Christmas, so be it but there's no way I'm playing that game.
I suppose people like Target (online) don't have any?
Old Nov 30th 2016, 3:01 pm
I have a comma problem

I suppose people like Target (online) don't have any?
Nope-a-rama.

Wally World does have a Genesis/Megadrive one for $40.00, but that would appeal more to me than her
Old Nov 30th 2016, 3:02 pm

Nope-a-rama.

Wally World does have a Genesis/Megadrive one for $40.00, but that would appeal more to me than her
Streets of Rage.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 3:06 pm
I have a comma problem

Streets of Rage.
Not sure if that one's on it, but I have it on an emulator anyway. It has Mortal Kombat, though.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 3:06 pm

Could always try something like this. I've looked a few times myself... Never quite convinced myself. Yet.

https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Retr...s+snes+console

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.