Gibraltar

Old May 1st 2014, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

It always amazes me that people reply to posts they do not comprehend and fail to research
Old May 1st 2014, 10:12 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Gibraltar is a far more important financial centre than Madrid

Now there in the headline is a fact I thought I would never write or indeed would be true. Yet according to the Global Financial Centre Index it is a fact.

Now here’s the greatest surprise of all because as Madrid was collapsing from 54 to 71 Gibraltar has passed it on the way up. Our financial centre was 67 th and is now 53 rd.

http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/hea...11802&offset=0
Some punch their weight and much more besides.

Others couldn't knock the skin of a rice pudding and obviously never have judging by those figures..

Nice to see that the hatred/spite/jealousy campaign is still going strong anyway, no doubt it will strengthen the resolve of you guys even further.
Old May 1st 2014, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Some punch their weight and much more besides.

Others couldn't knock the skin of a rice pudding and obviously never have judging by those figures..

Nice to see that the hatred/spite/jealousy campaign is still going strong anyway, no doubt it will strengthen the resolve of you guys even further.
The country is open (people are working) today but Madrid is shut, just shows how backward this place is.
Old May 1st 2014, 10:26 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Unlike you I do not take " everything from the Gib propoganda department as the gospel truth.
Also the Gib figures no doubt reflect those companies whose only connection with Gib as their registered address.
All they would contribute to the economy are the fees and taxes ( if any ) for using Gib as a tax haven.
Still it keeps a few local civil servants and accountants in a job.
Old May 1st 2014, 10:27 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyrich666
The country is open (people are working) today but Madrid is shut, just shows how backward this place is.
Other of Europe is closed in places Portugal and Belgium to name two. are they backward as well.??
The UK will be closed on Monday,, is the UK backward ??
Old May 1st 2014, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Other of Europe is closed in places Portugal and Belgium to name two. are they backward as well.??
The UK will be closed on Monday,, is the UK backward ??
I did not expect you to understand, the UK does it right.

if it is a bank holiday then its a bank holiday, no problem for me but today is not a bank holiday, just a free day for those in Madrid.

Last edited by andyrich666; May 1st 2014 at 10:30 pm.
Old May 1st 2014, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
It always amazes me that people reply to posts they do not comprehend and fail to research
Again
Old May 1st 2014, 10:33 pm
EMR
Banned

Obviously you do not realise that throughout Europe different regions and cities have their own holidays unlike the UK where we have " national " bank holidays. Although the Scots do get an extra day to recover from Hogmany.

Its call " Tradition " !!
Old May 1st 2014, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR
Obviously you do not realise that throughout Europe different regions and cities have their own holidays unlike the UK where we have " national " bank holidays. Although the Scots do get an extra day to recover from Hogmany.

Its call " Tradition " !!
You call it tradition, I call incompetence, for the whole of Europe, it does not help any economy for bank holidays to be on a different day, I dont care what day it is all do it the same day, if you want to have a extra day today then have it.

I will give you my predicament for your simple head to comprehend, I have lost a customer today and a deal that would pay my rent for next week.

Customer wants to buy a laptop from me to deliver to him in UK for tomorrow Saturday, any given Friday it can be done.

He wants it tomorrow because he needs it before the Bank holiday on Monday in UK

DHL in Alicante work today, its a normal day for them, I phoned the driver, he is happy to come and pick the package up.

Because it is a international priority package I can't print the label because the people because there is no one in Madrid to authorise the collection for me as for those in Madrid are not working today, instead sunning themselves in Valencia.

Tradition is one thing, economy should come first.

How ****ed up is that ?
Old May 1st 2014, 10:41 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the problem of so many holidays, fiestas and long weekends was brought up in the Spanish parliament not so long ago.

We've actually had two different ones here, this week alone !

For a country already on it's knees to be losing so many possible working days in comparison to others who are much more competitive, is not really good news.

However it's gone on so long now, even through the Franco years, and is so ingrained in the Spanish culture, that I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Not complaining personally of course, the more the merrier for me, but unfortunately the country itself can ill afford it.
Old May 1st 2014, 10:49 pm
EMR
Banned

Well lets have a Federal Europe where everyone has the same days off.
How would you feel about that ???
I sympathise with you Andy, I have quotes I cannot do because the factory in Belgium is closed.
But these are things you should take into account before deciding to re locate your business.

Last edited by EMR; May 1st 2014 at 10:51 pm.
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Actually the problem of so many holidays, fiestas and long weekends was brought up in the Spanish parliament not so long ago.

We've actually had two different ones here, this week alone !

For a country already on it's knees to be losing so many possible working days in comparison to others who are much more competitive, is not really good news.

However it's gone on so long now, even through the Franco years, and is so ingrained in the Spanish culture, that I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Not complaining personally of course, the more the merrier for me, but unfortunately the country itself can ill afford it.
They need to consider like Italy a technocrat !
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR
Well lets have a Federal Europe where everyone has the same days off.
How would you feel about that ???
I sympathise with you Andy, I have quotes I cannot do because the factory in Belgium is closed.
But these are things you should take into account before deciding to re locate your business.
Perfect, I am all for a Federal Europe.

2nd point, its a learning process
Old May 2nd 2014, 12:26 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

They need to consider like Italy a technocrat !
Tried it here in Italy but it didn't work either. Maybe that was because he was a political economist and an ex EU commissioner rather than a proper technocrat.
Old May 2nd 2014, 1:27 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I did not expect you to understand, the UK does it right.

if it is a bank holiday then its a bank holiday, no problem for me but today is not a bank holiday, just a free day for those in Madrid.
schools are closed here

`

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.