Euro 2012

Old May 30th 2012, 9:22 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro 2012

During the 2006 world cup, I was waiting at the underground train station at Frankfurt airport, surrounded by South Korean fans, real friendly people, one of whom helped me with my mobile phone, a Samsung.

A group of noisy German skinheads suddenly appeared on the platform and I expected trouble to follow. They came up to the South Koreans and sniffed around, not knowing what to make of them. They were told the fans were from South Korea and the skinheads looked at each other, saying, 'Where the f***'s that?'

They hesitated long enough for the German riot police to arrive, not the gentlest people in the world.
Old May 30th 2012, 3:11 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit sad about this. I worked in Poland in three separate locations on three different occasions in the '90's. They always struck me as being very friendly, kind and generous people.
Old May 30th 2012, 3:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I'm a bit sad about this. I worked in Poland in three separate locations on three different occasions in the '90's. They always struck me as being very friendly, kind and generous people.
I agree, I've generally found them to be honest and hard working and I've also read many times about the bravery of their ppl, their pilots especially, against the Nazis in WW2.

Certainly unfair to tar a whole nation with one brush or consider them typical of the whole nation, anymore than the parasites who latched on to our, dare I say beautiful game , can be considered so.

Anyway I've got a Polish housekeeper and she's real cute.
Old May 31st 2012, 2:54 pm
Just Joined

Siegfried is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet they showed videos from 10 years or so, i dont think it's that bad - there's always group of morons who make troubles in every sport, every country
Old May 31st 2012, 3:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siegfried
I bet they showed videos from 10 years or so, i dont think it's that bad - there's always group of morons who make troubles in every sport, every country
Well considering the program in question was filmed with the Euro 2012 in mind and the thugs who were telling Black and Asian fans not to come to the EURO 2012, and the game he went to was at a EURO 2012 venue.... at a guess I'd say it was filmed quite recently.... No?
Old May 31st 2012, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

lol, I am watching the program on youtube right now, so far:
- commentator claims that people on stadium were chanting about jews "hey hey who's not jumping is a jew" - sorry, I am native speaker, listened to that fragment 10 times, they chant "hej hej kto nie skacze jest z widzewa", (hey, hey, who's not jumping is from widzew), which has not EXACTLY same meaning, dont you think?

if the rest of that documentary is as good as this fragment, then... well, what can i say.
Old May 31st 2012, 4:29 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I am watching the program on youtube right now, so far:
- commentator claims that people on stadium were chanting about jews "hey hey who's not jumping is a jew" - sorry, I am native speaker, listened to that fragment 10 times, they chant "hej hej kto nie skacze jest z widzewa", (hey, hey, who's not jumping is from widzew), which has not EXACTLY same meaning, dont you think?

if the rest of that documentary is as good as this fragment, then... well, what can i say.
Yeah... sure you are.....
Old May 31st 2012, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yeah... sure you are.....
what, do you mean i am not native polish speaker ?
Old May 31st 2012, 4:48 pm
Straw Man.

what, do you mean i am not native polish speaker ?
Look. I know you want to defend "your" country and thats fine, if thats what you want to do then fill your boots but don't watch one clip and tell us that the whole program was wrong. They had not only the Ultras on the program vowing to attack black and Asian supporters but also showed, quite clearly, supporters kicking the living shit out of Asian supporters in the crowd. The reporter himself was in the crowd with one of the heads of a gang when he was dragged into a fight just behind him. Black and Asian fans have been told to stay at home. Not by the British, not by the Football associations but by the fans over there.

So... defend away all you like, IF that IS what you are doing but please, give some of us some credit for having half a brain.
Old May 31st 2012, 4:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Re: BBC doc

Anyone notice the map of Europe, about 2 and a half minutes in?

Look for the position of Austria and Czech Republic.

This is enough evidence of their diligence for me to jump on the anti-slav band wagon.

edit: here we go:

Last edited by kimilseung; May 31st 2012 at 5:03 pm.
Old May 31st 2012, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

fair enough. I am not trying to defend Poland, because believe me or not I have MUCH BETTER understanding and knowledge than you (who watched one documentary on bbc) about what is going on there, what was it before and how it evolved. and i am not claiming that there's no racism in Poland.
But I have to tell you I have a feeling someone in BBC said "There's racism in Poland, we have stop our fans from going there" - and then they made that document.

it's like "don't go to London Olympics, it's gonna be bad, police doesnt control anything and kids are roaming streets, killing people and setting fires" plus some nice set of videos from London riots. I wonder if you wouldnt defend your country then
Old Jun 1st 2012, 9:00 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

fair enough. I am not trying to defend Poland, because believe me or not I have MUCH BETTER understanding and knowledge than you (who watched one documentary on bbc) about what is going on there, what was it before and how it evolved. and i am not claiming that there's no racism in Poland.
But I have to tell you I have a feeling someone in BBC said "There's racism in Poland, we have stop our fans from going there" - and then they made that document.

it's like "don't go to London Olympics, it's gonna be bad, police doesnt control anything and kids are roaming streets, killing people and setting fires" plus some nice set of videos from London riots. I wonder if you wouldnt defend your country then
what is there to defend ?
it happens daily in London (and other places)
feral kids and not so young-sters have their own turf and dont let anyone in without permission
people set fire to cars, sometimes after they have driven them round the streets frightening the shit out of pedestrians, other times they just see a dozen cars and set them alight for "fun"
the riots happened, there is enough footage of that to stretch to the moon and back a couple of times

it happens, London, Paris, Rotterdam or Rome

the problem is, in every country, how far do you supress such activity.
every time you put one inside for a decade or so there is always 6 step forward to take their place on the streets

its the way the world is going.........
to the dogs but its not going to be stopped and it will end up being nasty, hopefully we won't be there by then

Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Started already before anyones kicked a ball.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...medium=twitter

What a bunch of clowns to allow it to go ahead in venues such as that.

To cap it all Platini says that any player who threatens to leave the field because he is being racially abused will be yellow carded.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Started already before anyones kicked a ball.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...medium=twitter

What a bunch of clowns to allow it to go ahead in venues such as that.
The UK needs to learn a bit of tolerance itself

All we hear from the UK media is that x and y countries are racists. They've picked on Spain a number of times

He with a racist mind sees racism everywhere.

The BBC have an agenda to show the Central and Eastern European countries as "backward" so they are running with it. Ironically it is an entirely racist agenda, similar to the racist PIIGS headlines seen throughout the UK newspapers

It is for the countries and individuals themselves to sort out their issues. If there is an actually incident then let the appropriate people deal with it
Old Jun 8th 2012, 7:49 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by cricketman
The UK needs to learn a bit of tolerance itself

All we hear from the UK media is that x and y countries are racists. They've picked on Spain a number of times

He with a racist mind sees racism everywhere.

The BBC have an agenda to show the Central and Eastern European countries as "backward" so they are running with it. Ironically it is an entirely racist agenda, similar to the racist PIIGS headlines seen throughout the UK newspapers

It is for the countries and individuals themselves to sort out their issues. If there is an actually incident then let the appropriate people deal with it
That may well be the case but this story is about Holland and one of their black players being racially abused. Are they just making it up in support of the BBC's Panorama program? If thats the case its a little bit odd isn't it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.