Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Feb 20th 2008, 10:07 am

TracyandGrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by John & Kath
I would be worried if I was told by a solicitor that my funds that should be in escrow had been pre-funding the developer. I would also suggest that until the Ayuntamiento have issued a Licence of First Occupation and there is water, electricity and gas at the property it is most definitely not finished!

Just look at the Chiclana problems to see how bad it can get if these things are not there before you sign the Escritura. I have and I wake up with night sweats that the electricity will not arrive. There have been promises for the plots for about 2 years now, a few have got it but most have not. Last week it was at the end of the month but we will see!
Yes I thought that too.
In the same email the solicitor said the following about the electricity "Not been able to contract electricity with Endesa (electricity
company) is not considered as not having the property ready and this
for 2 reasons: firstly because FADESA is providing the supply at no
cost for the client and secondly because the installation is already
finished but the problem is about outcoming of negotiations between
Endesa and FADESA".
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Karen Reilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default solicitors office

Just out of curiosity has anybody tried to contact Pelayo at his office by email, I have tried and tried but they keep coming back to me as not being delivered, even tried Michelle too and that came back........ Maybe they have changed their e mail address or something, just thought that I would ask

Thanks - Karen
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by TracyandGrog
Yes I thought that too.
In the same email the solicitor said the following about the electricity "Not been able to contract electricity with Endesa (electricity
Endesa and FADESA".
Further info. For my block (2) the license was issued in April 2007.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Further info. For my block (2) the license was issued in April 2007.
block (2) Where?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 12:56 pm

block (2) Where?
Sorry. Rago1.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:01 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I thought that too.
Endesa and FADESA".
Your solicitor should know a house is not considered fit for habitation unless it has water and electric meters and supplies installed.
A builders supply is to be used while building the house and should be terminated as soon as the works are finished and a proper supply installed.
By signing without having a habitable house you are leaving yourselves wide open to problems in the future, what happens if Fadesa leave ?
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

marty1 will become famous soon enoughmarty1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: solicitors office

Originally Posted by Karen Reilly
Just out of curiosity has anybody tried to contact Pelayo at his office by email, I have tried and tried but they keep coming back to me as not being delivered, even tried Michelle too and that came back........ Maybe they have changed their e mail address or something, just thought that I would ask

Thanks - Karen
hi Karen. exact same thing happened to me twice. I'm flying out to CE in the morning. Ive got to pick my keys from the office so i will mention it.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
Your solicitor should know a house is not considered fit for habitation unless it has water and electric meters and supplies installed.
A builders supply is to be used while building the house and should be terminated as soon as the works are finished and a proper supply installed.
By signing without having a habitable house you are leaving yourselves wide open to problems in the future, what happens if Fadesa leave ?
I haven't signed anything as I haven't yet completed and have no plans to right now.
What I don't understand though is how the Town Hall issued the Licence of First Occupation in April 2007. I have just requested copies of all the other certificates from my solicitor but according to MichaleH's list you can only get the habitation license when all other certificates for water, gas and electrictiy are in place.

Last edited by TracyandGrog; Feb 20th 2008 at 1:26 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't signed anything as I haven't yet completed and have no plans to right now.
What I don't understand though is how the Town Hall issued the Licence of First Occupation in April 2007. I have just requested copies of all the other certificates from my solicitor but according to MichaleH's list you can only get the habitation license when all other certificates for water, gas and electrictiy are in place.
April 2007 looks just about right for the Rago 4 handovers are you sure what you have got is not a copy of theirs.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

"Not been able to contract electricity with Endesa (electricity
Endesa and FADESA".
Sorry to gatecrash this thread - we're buying on the Costa Blanca, but our "independent" solicitor and our estate agent said very similar things to us. We've now sacked our solicitor and appointed a new one.

Basically, it's easy to find yourself with a lawyer who, through financial incentive or incompetance (possibly both) - rather than acting on your behalf - will simply answer every question you raise by quoting some unimportant or unrelated snippet of information. Every time we asked about the habitation certificate, we were told that "the builders would supply the electricity". When we laboured the point we were told "until we were the legal owners of the property, the builder's supply could not be guarranteed". Threats and half truths, and ultimately completely avoiding the question.

Just re-read that quote again and ask yourself this simple question: "Who's side do I think this person is on". Answer... not yours! Translated, the sentence reads: "The builder is about to get away with selling you a house with no electricity, and I'm not going to do a damn thing about it!"

YOUR solicitor should be protecting YOU and YOUR rights, and should be putting the builder under pressure - NOT YOU!
Old Feb 20th 2008, 1:57 pm

April 2007 looks just about right for the Rago 4 handovers are you sure what you have got is not a copy of theirs.
No definitely a license for blocks 2, 7 and 8 of Rago 1 dated 23rd April 2007. I am checking it as I write this.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

JS&SS is an unknown quantity at this point

No definitely a license for blocks 2, 7 and 8 of Rago 1 dated 23rd April 2007. I am checking it as I write this.
Please find attached a copy of the certificate for RVA-1 townhouses, manzanas 1-5. It is dated 12 November 2007. It was put to us that the electricity certificate was issued but was being retained by the solicitor to finalise the electricity connection (when available). In my view there is a limited downside risk. Endesa will want to suppply (there is money in it for them!) and in the very worst case the RVA-1 householders could club together to hire the generators on a permanent basis. Who knows - this may be cheaper than mains!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
img017.pdf (190.9 KB, 379 views)
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:58 pm
mjp
Just Joined

mjp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi wonder if anyone can help? We have family going out to Esuri next week who are looking to visit Seville for the day. They are worried about trying to park in Seville and would prefer to drive to Huelva train station, park and get the train from there. There is a train that apparently goes early in the morning. Just wondered if anyone else has travelled to Seville this way. They have got driving directions from the internet, but they are wondering. 1. Is the train station easy to find in Huelva on a first visit? 2. Is there parking at the station and if so any idea how much for the day? 3. Any other hints or tips? They have been advised that it would be much quicker to just drive up the motorway to seville, but as mentioned just are worried about parking and really want to take the train. Appreciate any advice.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mjp
Hi wonder if anyone can help? We have family going out to Esuri next week who are looking to visit Seville for the day. They are worried about trying to park in Seville and would prefer to drive to Huelva train station, park and get the train from there. There is a train that apparently goes early in the morning. Just wondered if anyone else has travelled to Seville this way. They have got driving directions from the internet, but they are wondering. 1. Is the train station easy to find in Huelva on a first visit? 2. Is there parking at the station and if so any idea how much for the day? 3. Any other hints or tips? They have been advised that it would be much quicker to just drive up the motorway to seville, but as mentioned just are worried about parking and really want to take the train. Appreciate any advice.
Hi MJP,
the center of Seville is not actually that big! You could walk from one side to the other in about 30 mins. Having done it myself, I would recommend driving to Seville, come off at the juntion adjacent IKEA, park anywhere and walk.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Fresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant future

Trains leave huelva at: 7.10, 14.40 and 1850. The journey takes approx 1hour and 40 mins. Return trains are at: 9.10, 16.40 and 20.30.
The easiest way to get to Seville would be to take the bus from Ayamonte.
The Seville bus station is closer to the centre than the train station. Buses leave Ayamonte at 9.30 monday - Friday and 9.45 saturdays, sundays and holidays. The last bus leaves Seville for Ayamonte at 6pm or 7pm if it is a sunday or a holiday.
The bus takes around 2 hours.
Hope this helps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.