Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Feb 17th 2008, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Fun over!!! Esuri leccy back on.
You at work today or somat!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Having finally caught up with the thread (note all that reading has indoctrinated me to use the correct term), can now move on to commenting on our recent trip.

As before, we were really very pleased with how CE has continued to develop since our previous visit last summer; the areas now occupied are maturing very nicely. Golf 1 is equally settling down and is a great place to play - hole 12 notwithstanding! We are not terribly bothered with the delay to the commercial centre; not while we have Ayamonte just down the road. In the longer term all things will come good. We remain content with our purchase.

Attached (hopefully) are a few piccies; the first is the fairway of the hole beneath John & Kath's castle (that's looking really good); next two are of the hole/green round the back of their 'hill' (not so good - look at the slope on that green).

Can hardly wait to go out again, next month.

Steve y Pat
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

ummmm.....clearly have not got the hang of this attaching piccies lark.

Let's try again....

P1010208.JPG (1.34 MB)
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-p1010208.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Airport..guess you already know the latest.... click here
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

looks like I may have cracked it. Here are the other two.

I'm looking forward to playing Golf 2 - but I'm not convinced I'll be able to carry that many balls at the start of the round
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-p1010205.jpg   COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-p1010206.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GerryW
Seems a bit of a quick decision, from presenting plans to acceptance in two weeks, after talking about whether it was feasible for over 30 years ?
More here.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Just got back from another great week at CE. Sunshine all the way, some great golf, and nights out.

At the risk of being accused of being negative, we were surprised to find that some of the new houses ringing the 17th, 18th and driving range may have a problem the new owners are as yet unaware of. As you can see from the attached picture, several of the houses have trees planted in front of the driveways, and I think one even has a lamp-post in the way ! This is going to make it difficult if they require vehicular access to the property. I guess this has happened as the roads infrastructure is built before the houses. I hope the owners affected can get the obstructions moved.

On a more positive note, I will be updating my website soon with some of the pictures we have taken last year and this, and hope to update my blog as well.

We also heard that another developer has bought the Hotel, and is waiting for planning permission to make some changes to the interior, before continuing with the building (credit to Barbara for this info)

Regards to All
Attached Thumbnails COSTA ESURI  - AYAMONTE-pic00024.jpg  
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:01 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GerryW
Gerry, you've been hoodwinked I'm afraid. This is not the first time that commercial sites - often property ones - fail to present the story correctly. The fact that it's dated 1st Feb 2008 shouldn't fool you that it is 'new' news - it is a rehash of the story that surfaced in October and certainly doesn't include the developments of the last few months.

To cut what is a very long story short, basically for the Agricola project to go ahead (and this is just one project among several tendered) the government have to reclassify the 'green belt' land as fit for development as 'it is in the best public interest'. Given that the council of Gibraleon is opposed to it in its current form and there has been massive opposition to it locally, that reclassification would I imagine be difficult to come by.

There are many other hurdles apart from this, but that will do for starters!!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BobD
Just got back from another great week at CE. Sunshine all the way, some great golf, and nights out.

At the risk of being accused of being negative, we were surprised to find that some of the new houses ringing the 17th, 18th and driving range may have a problem the new owners are as yet unaware of. As you can see from the attached picture, several of the houses have trees planted in front of the driveways, and I think one even has a lamp-post in the way ! This is going to make it difficult if they require vehicular access to the property. I guess this has happened as the roads infrastructure is built before the houses. I hope the owners affected can get the obstructions moved.

On a more positive note, I will be updating my website soon with some of the pictures we have taken last year and this, and hope to update my blog as well.

We also heard that another developer has bought the Hotel, and is waiting for planning permission to make some changes to the interior, before continuing with the building (credit to Barbara for this info)

Regards to All
Hi BobD,
Do you know while we were out there I saw this face and kept thinking to myself "I know him" but could not put it into context. So I did not come up and greet you as I should. Its this technological age. I know you from your website and blog but we have never met!

Yes we had a light column smack in the middle of our drive and from July 6th 2007 to 5th Feb 2008 the builder avoided it then the morning of our arrival a large sand lorry demolished it. They are going to re-erect at the edge of the drive at the expense of the driver. I guess he was just waiting for one of the drivers to make a mistake!

Less of a surprise down at golf I where the developer has done 3 plots for two swops in 48 he is is bound to get one or two wrong.

Hope the news on the hotel is spot on and it re-commences soon and I shall log on to your blog for an update.

Regards,

John.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 17th 2008 at 7:17 pm.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 7:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jdr
Seems a bit of a quick decision, from presenting plans to acceptance in two weeks, after talking about whether it was feasible for over 30 years ?
More here.
I think you have "trumped" Fortaleza although to be fair the "Oracle" did report this in the November edition which I managed to pick up on my way home at Faro airport "Huelva" kiosk!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:02 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
More here.

That's a more complete story - but the problem remains the same.

One worrying aspect for the residents is the exproriatation of properties. The project is being pushed by the Huelva Diputation and the Chamber of Commerce who are trying - it seems - to bypass Gibraleon council completely. Pushing for the land reclassification - should they receive it - means they could proced to comandeer the affected properties under the nose of the council. One director at Agricola has already stated that if the reclassification is given, the Mayor of Gibraleon can complain all he wants as they'll simply exproriate the houses.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
That's a more complete story - but the problem remains the same.

One worrying aspect for the residents is the exproriatation of properties. The project is being pushed by the Huelva Diputation and the Chamber of Commerce who are trying - it seems - to bypass Gibraleon council completely. Pushing for the land reclassification - should they receive it - means they could proced to comandeer the affected properties under the nose of the council. One director at Agricola has already stated that if the reclassification is given, the Mayor of Gibraleon can complain all he wants as they'll simply exproriate the houses.
When this storey re-emerged a few of months back I had a look on google earth at the existing aerodrome and the runway is aligned one end on Gibraleon church and the other on another village center. If they double the length of the runway I suppose the pilots will think they have had a successful take off if they have not left their undercarriage on the church towers.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 8:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

They are spending all the cash on Malaga and Madrid airports. It is hard to realise how much and how quick they have enlarged the Malaga one.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
When this storey re-emerged a few of months back I had a look on google earth at the existing aerodrome and the runway is aligned one end on Gibraleon church and the other on another village center. If they double the length of the runway I suppose the pilots will think they have had a successful take off if they have not left their undercarriage on the church towers.
very good John. VSTOL aircraft, or Hercules (plugs in the ears budget travel) perhaps.

The Crabs would manage it i'm sure. Tally Ho!!
Old Feb 17th 2008, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by BobD

Regards to All
Regarding the hotel, I also heard the same story - the prospective buyer wants to make it a 5 star, but to do so needs to change the interior layout to create larger suites. I've no idea if this is all fact or fiction but a 5 star would certainly up the ante for the resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.